AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I did this right.
This is picture I was talking about. The red truck is not close to the front door and not on the driveway. at all. Just looks to me like it was hurriedly parked.
Truck has some right rear boxside damage around the right tail lamp too. Maybe old damage. Maybe it’s my eyes too.

Some pics of the truck show a trash can behind it, other photos there isn’t. Chicken or the egg?

I hope I did this right.
This is picture I was talking about. The red truck is not close to the front door and not on the driveway. at all. Just looks to me like it was hurriedly parked.
Yes and it has been peculiar to me as well. Almost to me as if someone else was parked in the driveway before he got there. Its discussed quite a bit in previous threads here.

Agreed. If he was brazen enough to break down the door, I don't think he would have taken precautionary measures. I am doubtful that he was inside for 20 minutes. I just think the neighbor looked at the clock wrong. I just see this as an in and out quick thing.
I agree. It just seems so risky and just plain crazy to take anymore time than he had to after those loud shots.

Is the red truck in all the pictures of the home, James Closs truck? I just really noticed today how far away from the house it is. If it's his truck, that does not fit to me.

Here is a google earth pic from 2015 of the Closs home. It looks like his truck is parked next to the home.

Attachments

• 3-11-2016 google earth.png
    3-11-2016 google earth.png
    929.5 KB · Views: 156
Actually I’d give this a 50/50 chance of being a hit.
These people don’t seem to have lived a lifestyle that would make them likely victims of a hit though. Atleast that’s how I see it.

Middle aged, gainfully employed, middle class, with a child.

Why do do you think this is plausible?

Yes and it has been peculiar to me as well. Almost to me as if someone else was parked in the driveway before he got there. Its discussed quite a bit in previous threads here.

Maybe nothing but, do you think it odd that none of the family has removed the truck or car? At least secured them in the garage. The truck looks to be in good condition...don't know what year it is. It is also a perfect spot for Halloween foolishness. I am just going down the road of what I would do.

Without knowing the motive or primary victim...nothing can make “sense”. I know many think LE does know the motive by now, but it seems that would lead to a suspect, unless totally random. Which seems unlikely.

Maybe nothing but, do you think it odd that none of the family has removed the truck or car? At least secured them in the garage. The truck looks to be in good condition...don't know what year it is. It is also a perfect spot for Halloween foolishness. I am just going down the road of what I would do.
No I really dont. I would think repairing that front door would be my highest priority. Its possible theres no room in the garage.

These people don’t seem to have lived a lifestyle that would make them likely victims of a hit though. Atleast that’s how I see it.

Middle aged, gainfully employed, middle class, with a child.

Why do do you think this is plausible?
The only motive I can fathom is somebody saw something or knows something. Total speculation of course, but it’s not a stretch at all to say any one of the three could have been in position to have incriminating info.

126133-40302e831ff9189ec2fc14bc0f087fda.jpg
I hope I did this right.
Not sure when this pic was taken but it's from page one of the threadhttps://www.websleuths.com/forums/data/attachments/126/126133-40302e831ff9189ec2fc14bc0f087fda.jpg

Here is a google earth pic from 2015 of the Closs home. It looks like his truck is parked next to the home.
That is a spooky picture. You think it is parked in front of to the side?

That is a spooky picture. You think it is parked in front of to the side?
It's parked in front of the garage area, but it doesn't look like it's parked straight. It looks more angled with the front of the truck facing more towards the front of the home.

Possible but I am doubting they would move or touch anything before it was processed. Not at a scene like that at least.
Yeah, I'm not too sure how much they would have done. I'm sure they would have at least checked it out but I don't know how involved it would have been. Since it was pretty clear the perp didn't use the truck they likely had no reason to believe the victim had been in there at any time. Jmo

I am still searching. I think it was in answer to a reporter question during a presser and early in the case but not sure. I may be mistaken.

Tagging @PommyMommy and @rainynights do either of you recall the sheriff answering a question about if any items were missing from the home?

I am re-watching all the old pressers I can find to try to find it.

Hi Gardener1850- Thanks so much for consolidating the PCs into one post. That will be super helpful for future reference.

To answer your question above, I do not recall the Sheriff answering a question about items missing from the home. With that said, I did watch some of the PCs again just to be sure, and while I didn’t hear anything questions regarding items missing from the home, I transcribed some parts that I found to be relevant. Jmo

Oct 16, 2018 Morning:
WKOW 27

(-4:57) REPORTER: Sheriff, what can you tell us about what may have happened inside the home. Were there signs of a struggle?

SHERIFF FITZGERALD: I can’t comment on that. That’s part of the active investigation. We continue to have teams on scene at the residence to continue to process that scene. We’re working with the state crime lab who’s coming up. We redid the scene just to make sure we didn’t miss anything. We continue to monitor that scene so we’re not going to comment on what took place inside the residence.

Oct 17, 2018 Afternoon:
WKOW 27

(-4:37) SHERIFF FITZGERALD: And no, I wish I was closer to that question, and that question again, let me repeat that, sorry. Is it a random attack, or is it a targeted attack? I don’t know that answer. That is why those leads are so important. Again, we’ve received no other threats or anything in the local area to say that this was just a random act, but we do not know that answer and we continue to follow up on leads to hopefully answer that question.

Oct 22, 2018 Afternoon:
Barron County Sheriff’s Department

(-5:07) REPORTER: Is there any scenario that you’re able to rule out since last week about what happened?

SHERIFF FITZGERALD: No, we have not ruled out anything. We continue to look at this from above to look at all of the aspects, and that’s why every tip is important.

(-2:51) REPORTER: Sheriff, any closer to a motive at this point?

SHERIFF FITZGERALD: We do not exactly know what took place in that residence yet.

(-2:01) REPORTER: People in the county, we’ve been told, are afraid, wondering if this is a random act. Can you give them any assurance?

SHERIFF FITZGERALD: At this time I can’t. We’ve had no other incidents since this, incidents of violence or calls of anything like that, so I can comment that there’s been no other similar cases of violence like this in the community since the date of the incident. But I can’t - I wish I knew a motive. I wish I knew why this took place.

Oct 24, 2018 Afternoon:
KARE 11

(-4:18) REPORTER: Sheriff, can I talk to the FBI guy please?

REPORTER (cont'd): So you’re saying, with all the forensics you’ve done at this point, you’ve not been able to come up with a single suspect? And if not, what is your next step forensically to try to establish or maybe come up with a suspect?

SPECIAL AGENT IN CHARGE, JUSTIN TOLOMEO: Well that’s a joint answer, because the forensics are being worked by all agencies involved, and we continue to look at that information and assess it, and when we have a viable avenue, we will follow it.

REPORTER: So no - you’re saying no suspect?

SPECIAL AGENT IN CHARGE, JUSTIN TOLOMEO: I’m not saying what we have sir, I’m saying what we’re doing.

REPORTER: But no suspect then?

SPECIAL AGENT IN CHARGE, JUSTIN TOLOMEO: Again sir, I’m not saying what we’re having, I’m saying what we’re doing.

(-2:42) REPORTER: Earlier today, we saw some items being taken out of the house, one of them a mattress. What happens to that? Does that become evidence? What is that process?

SHERIFF FITZGERALD: We had another evidence team go back out to the scene today to make sure we didn’t miss anything. As we said, we keep combing over evidence, looking for new things. We had a new team, a new set of eyes come in today and go over that house one more time, to make sure nothing was missed. They did remove some items and those are being processed to see if there’s any new items of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie