AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possiblity random, but from the rapid way the perp shot Closs, got inside the house, dispatched the mom, possibly hung up the (real) 911 call, and then departed with Jayme in 4 minutes flat (I discount the neighbor hearing the kill shots at 12:30 a.m.), tells me this was a planned targeted mission carried out with military like precision. Lack of known internet trail points to someone local who possibly observed Jayme and became fixated on her.

A previous poster suggested that maybe the shots heard were indeed at 12:30ish and were not "kill shots", but part of a "targeted mission".

To wit, the shots were fired off in fairly close proximity to the Closs property in order to wait and watch (15-20 minutes) for any reaction in the immediate area. (Interior or exterior property lights being turned on , police cars arriving).

That scenario would corroborate the neighbour's timeline and still match up with the time of the 911 call.

Last edited:
They’ve identified that vehicle for a reason, and I’m sure that they’ve applied the same logic that we have.

Definitely weird though.
I did look at the tire size for both.. and they have about a 2 inch difference if they have the tire marks at the house. The challenger stock is 14-15 and edge is 16-17 Just curious about that because I know first hand about tire marks being a good indication. But since the first responders most probably have the same as an edge, that will be hard to tell.

Unless the visit wasnt suppose to end this way?

This may come off as ridiculous as far as speculation, but here goes. Two Unsubs. One in a Ford Edge. One in a bright red distracting Dodge Challenger. If something goes wrong with Ford and his murder/kidnap plot, Challenger creates a diversion.
My husband says this theory sounds like Smoky and the Bandit. I don't know what he means, I never watched that show.

I did look at the tire size for both.. and they have about a 2 inch difference if they have the tire marks at the house. The challenger stock is 14-15 and edge is 16-17 Just curious about that because I know first hand about tire marks being a good indication. But since the first responders most probably have the same as an edge, that will be hard to tell.

Which really makes the Ford a good vehicle to cover their tracks in. Good point.

This may come off as ridiculous as far as speculation, but here goes. Two Unsubs. One in a Ford Edge. One in a bright red distracting Dodge Challenger. If something goes wrong with Ford and his murder/kidnap plot, Challenger creates a diversion.
My husband says this theory sounds like Smoky and the Bandit. I don't know what he means, I never watched that show.
Ha! A similar technique was used in that 1977 movie.

It’s highly unlikely that something like that was the case here.

If that red car was stopped, it would simply be a matter of time until the connection was made between that driver, and the other perpetrator.

Criminals just don’t behave like that, not in crimes like this anyways.

Thanks for the laugh @ Smokey and the Bandit, amidst the sorrow of this tragedy. I've never seen SatB either.

Weve actually discussed something similar. A possibly standby car in case Jayme ran or parents tried to get away. Now if you add a semi to drive between the bad guy and the cop I would definitely call you Bo Bandit. :)

He talks one on one with Kare 11 the local news. You can watch on their news site.

KARE is in the Twin Cities (different state) but a lot of people from the cities have cabins in the area, so it's still a matter of local interest. Other tv stations to keep an eye on would be WEAU from Eau Claire (the "local" station) and maybe WSAW from Wausau.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea