AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I did not suggest they had been left alive. I thought you did, when you stated she would be returned to her parents. That's what confused me.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  2. peace9274

peace9274 Well-Known Member

I remember Elizabeth Smart said that, for several days, she could hear the people searching for her and the helicopters above, from the camp her perp & his wife had made prior to abducting her.

Does anyone remember why the dogs didn’t find her?

mtnlites, SeekingJana, human and 14 others like this.
  3. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

The FBI have experts that do vehicle make and model identification. Also, I am sure you have heard of facial recognition. Well, there is such a thing as Vehicle Make and Model Recognition software that exists. There are limits to human and software abilities.

However, there are physical differences between the Challenger and that specific Monte Carlo. In particular the angle (or slope) of the rear window and the length of the trunk/rear end in proportion to the length of the car overall are rather obvious. I doubt either of those differences are something an expert would get wrong. There are likely other aspects of the car dimensions relative to positions of things like any side marker lights or door handle or wheel well, etc. that can be used to differentiate one model from another or differentiate between model years for a specific make and model of vehicle.

Plus, it should be noted that law enforcement in Barron said that vehicle in Oshkosh was unrelated and police in Oshkosh dismissed it as well. That came from Paul Blume the reporter for KMSP Fox 9.

4. Oakland CA

Oakland CA Well-Known Member

So, after she runs out of the house scared, shocked and traumatized by what she just witnessed, someone driving by picks her up and now that person has her?

Highly unlikely IMO

5. BIC

BIC Well-Known Member

This sums up the whole thread.

SeekingJana, Mellen, 8paws and 27 others like this.
  6. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

Exactly. First off, she would have had to escape that house, which is extremely unlikely.

Secondly, some guy with nefarious intent would have had to have been driving by at that precise moment.

No one gets that lucky. Or unlucky.

7. Lizzack1

Lizzack1 Active Member

8. MsBetsy

Yes, I think it's pretty clear that whoever killed her parents are responsible for her abduction. Imo

9. MsBetsy

Short and right to the point!

10. Lizzack1

Lizzack1 Active Member

JMO Why would someone targeting Jayme not expect her parents to be home at that hour? Seems implausible. Not saying Jayme couldn’t have been the target, just the scenario where someone would be surprised to find the parents home. Especially at that hour. Where else would they be?

11. MassGuy

Exactly. This person obviously came prepared for a confrontation.

He or they, knew that the family was in that house.

12. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

It HAS happened before.... where a rape victim escapes only to be picked up by another rapist. That was in a busier area with far more people though.
    There is just no way in this particular location that it's remotely possible. The odds of someone even driving by at that time would be remote, it would be more likely to be the responding officers than anyone else.

13. peace9274

peace9274 Well-Known Member

MOO: I still think the perp that killed Jayme’s parents and abducted her, is a homeless guy that Jayme & her mother helped, either at a shelter, a soup kitchen or brought to their home to do handi-man work.

MOO: I think, like Elizabeth Smart and her mom, Denise & Jayme cared about the homeless and wanted to help them.

MOO: I think the perp/homeless guy came to the house thinking he could get in and abduct Jayme without waking her parents.

But, I think James woke up and heard the perp trying to get in. James got his gun and opened the door slightly (chain locked). Perp pushed the door open, breaking the door/frame. A physical altercation began, perp got the gun and shot James and then Denise.

Perp realized 911 had been called - he grabbed gun and Jayme and left.
    If not by car, then into the woods.

MOO

14. MassGuy

Definitely. I could see that happening in some inner city/gang infested area. But not here, in a rural area, at that hour

15. badgersmythe

badgersmythe Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking along these lines too. I think it’s someone that wouldn’t have left any digital traces, as they’d met in person via church or soup kitchen as you suggest.

16. MsBetsy

I don't think he assumed they were not home. I don't think he cared. He didn't hesitate to shoot them both. Either that or he intended to kill them in the first place. Jmo

17. SandyQLS

SandyQLS may your life be filled with avocados

Hair does not decompose easily or soon iirc from very ancient gravesites because it is already dead tissue. Since they called in the drug & gang unit and not the FBI, I am betting the body in MN is a young black male likely missing from St Paul/Minn or even Chicago, maybe with some gang articles of clothing like a red hat or bandana. JMO I don't think it is related to this case.

JRW, TRB, ErinC and 2 others like this.
  18. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

Yike!

It IS a US highway.

19. BeeGirl

BeeGirl Well-Known Member

I think dogs are only optimal in certain situations.

20. Wrenny

Wrenny Well-Known Member

People keep bringing up this idea. Do people really rely on a chain lock for their outside door security? I don't remember ever having a front door without a deadbolt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.