AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

The curious part of me would like to hear it too.

But by the way he described it, I don't think there is much on it as far as recognizable voices. In the DrydenWire interview, he compared it to what the microphone would pick up if he were standing outside the door doing the interview. I'm guessing very muffled voices and/or noises.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Either would be possible in this hypothetical scenario.

Some sort of connection to the area is likely I suppose. I don’t have to live there though.

MsBetsy, kc1023, Weeobanite and 4 others like this.
  3. VeryVeritas

VeryVeritas Well-Known Member

Right, that's the gray area Im looking for. There are degrees of random. Seems to me the person must know the area at least a little. That means they eat places, maybe stop for gas, know people. May not know the family at all... but crossed paths somewhere.

TimesEight, MsBetsy, carbuff and 8 others like this.
  4. gipsypup

gipsypup Well-Known Member

This scenario has been in the back of my mind all along also.
    Maybe this boy wanted to be an actual boyfriend to Jayme , but of course due to Jayme's age Denise and James were very much against it. He could be from another town or even farther away and only met the parents once or twice and then they forbid him from coming around again.Jayme just moved to a new school so she may not have many girlfriends she confided in and the parents didn't tell anyone and wanted to keep the situation to themselves.
    OR
    he only knew Jayme through SM and she told him she couldn't be with him due to her parents. The violence and brutality of kicking in a door with guns blazing and murdering two people remind me of the crimes I have read that are committed by perp(s) mimicking video games.
    Ever since LE brought in the electronic dog sniffing dog awhile ago I wondered if Jayme played any Xbox/type games? Could she have met someone through that. The sheriff seemed to say they are still looking at SM.IMO.

5. Pretty Go Pale

Pretty Go Pale Gin and Juice Boxes for ILoveChili and The Dude

There haven't been any reports saying no person noticed such a guy. Hypothetically, could be a situation where some were aware of such a guy, but didn't know his name or where he lived. If there was such a guy, hypothetically, it'd seem likely Jayme would have told at least a girlfriend or two about him. And, hypothetically, a girlfriend of hers could have even seen such a guy meet up with Jayme somewhere -- arriving in a red car, for example -- but one that the witness ( a young teen girl) couldn't name the exact make and model. Such a hypothetical scenario could explain why the Sheriff said they are now looking for a couple different types of red cars beyond the Charger.

6. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Jayme is a teenager, not a toddler. If someone thought they could “sell” or “traffic” her, she only has to say her name and tell them to google it..committing a crime like this does not go unnoticed. She would be too dangerous for any such pimps or whatever to have anything to do with. And there are so many easier ways to find teen girls. Unfortunately.

7. stephlovescheese

stephlovescheese Well-Known Member

In our state, if it’s sealed, it’s sealed and no longer available for release. But...in smaller, more rural areas, things are not always “forgotten”. And it’s hit or miss what will show up in LEADS. Usually takes a while for BCI to remove that info after expunging.

Mo Thuairim and human like this.
  8. Nerissa

Nerissa Well-Known Member

So: what's the rules here...since LE has not ruled out a 19 year old boyfriend is there any anecdotal evidence out there that he exists that we can share here?

9. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Funny how states differ. I used to work with expungements as well. They are never gone to LE.Now I know why some investigations had me pulling my hair out LOL. Thanks for the info!

10. BlinkOfAnI

You could also through mental health issues into the mix since there is correlation between mental health and drug use.

11. MassGuy

Absolutely. There’s endless possibilities here. I just wanted to put forth a scenerio that illustrated a random crime.

TimesEight, MsBetsy, human and 2 others like this.
  12. ravenette

ravenette Member

The sheriff has previously said that he believes Jayme was present when the shootings took place based on evidence they have. I'm still wondering what that evidence might be.

13. Pretty Go Pale

Pretty Go Pale Gin and Juice Boxes for ILoveChili and The Dude

I think the Sheriff cited the 911 recording and other unnamed evidence, to paraphrase.

MsBetsy, ravenette, human and 4 others like this.
  14. BlinkOfAnI

I know and you are a wealth of good info. Just couldn't resist adding to the laundry list lol.

MsBetsy, Weeobanite, KLM6 and 3 others like this.
  15. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

I personally haven't been one to give much credence to this theory, because I'd think that a 19 year old boyfriend would immediately go to the top of LE's list. And that we'd know by now if he was involved.

However, I'll admit that I did a double take when the Sheriff said in this interview that he couldn't comment when asked about a possible 19 year old boyfriend. Can't remember which one, but I know that in a previous press conference he stated that they did not know anything about her having a boyfriend. Thought it was interesting the way the answer was different this time.

Now, part of it could be that relationship titles are basically a thing of the past when it comes to teenagers and even college kids. The terms "boyfriend/girlfriend" aren't really used that much for that generation.

I still don't think that is the way this case will go, but it's a little more on my radar now.

MrsM, 8paws, BlueCatSleuth and 12 others like this.
  16. gipsypup

gipsypup Well-Known Member

No evidence that we know of , but just analyzing what the sheriff said about it.He could have said no , that is a rumor and we aren't focused on that at all or anymore. Instead he just said no comment. Makes you wonder.IMO

17. MassGuy

When this first happened, that’s immediately where I went.

Either an older boyfriend or online connection that turned into murder. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Two things make me highly doubt this now:

What we know about Jayme in general.

The fact that this case hasn’t been resolved.

This case looks nothing like any of the cases I have seen, where a relationship leads down this path.

We have absolutely no evidence of any type of relationship that she was engaged in either.

I don’t buy this theory.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  18. Randazzo

Randazzo Well-Known Member

This hasn't stopped bugging me. He said that the 911 call is useless, yet partly because of the call they know Jayme was there. The call, not the phone.

19. BlinkOfAnI

I actually thought the sheriff did a great job today. I can't imagine the pressure he is under knowing 2 people were killed and a girls life could depend on his decisions and actions, let alone knowing his words will be picked apart and analyzed. I give him a lot of credit. JMO

20. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

I would be very, very surprised if the perp(s) didn’t bring a weapon(s). I can’t imagine someone would kick in the door, not knowing exactly what was on the other side, without being prepared for it. Moo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.