AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CuriousMaine

CuriousMaine Well-Known Member

BBM for focus: In my school district, the school liaison is aka the Resource Officer. They are employed by LE. They are essentially cops/investigators stationed at the school district. They know most of the kids and have access to school officials name/emergency numbers, etc. It could be a shortcut to information needed like "emergency contact person" for student. I recall filling those cards out and there was a section for alternative contact in case parents unable to be reached in emergency. JMO.

2. tiffkinsadder

tiffkinsadder Well-Known Member

Closs guns were all accounted for-that we know of.

3. SadSadPanda

SadSadPanda Member

Not sure if this has been posted yet...I check back every couple of days but not following along with the discussion as closely as without any new info the thread seems to be sort of looping on itself, with old ideas being new. Anyhoo...

Wisconsin police baffled by Jayme Closs disappearance one month after parents' murder

A couple quick hits I see that I believe might be new info:

-James had guns in the home, all are accounted for (police still not saying what type of gun was used)
    -Phone used for 911 call was found on the floor, but not close to any bodies, 911 call sounded like it was from another room from the disturbance
    -Article states door carried away looking like it was covered with bullet holes (if it's true, that would answer the question of where the shots came from and how James was shot most likely)
    -Birthday party was at Denise' sister's home at 4pm, across town
    -Jayme's cell phone was found in the kitchen plugged in to an outlet (I'm assuming charging)

I believe some of these details are new, if not, carry on! All IMHO, of course.

MrsM, 8paws, SeattleStew and 10 others like this.
  4. Abba's Tears

Abba's Tears Well-Known Member

School Resource Officers (as also previously mentioned usually LE) may also be able to provide critical information about the student & family in question. Not only could the officer confirm that Jayme lived at that residence, if there had been issues at the home (which there has been no evidence of), but if there had, the officer may have been able to shed light on it quickly. The Resource Officers sometimes get to know the students quite well and know things about them that could be very valuable in a situation like this. Sadly, that doesn't appear to be the case here. At least that we know of at this time.

5. BeeGirl

BeeGirl Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this topic has been beaten to death (I've been out of the loop for a few days and am just catching back up) but I find it interesting the Sheriff is now admitting they have all 3 phones, including Jayme's.

This is a markedly different statement than the one he gave earlier on when he said he didn't know if she had the phone:

Did he suspect she had a different phone? Did he not find her phone until later?

I can't make heads or tails out of this but maybe I'm just trying to read tea leaves here.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    8paws, TRB, Coffeequeen and 10 others like this.
  6. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

Molly might have slept on Jayme's bed every night. She may have hidden under the bed or elsewhere in the room. It's just a feeling but I think Jayme stayed in her room wondering why someone was at the front door so late at night. Curiosity and some slight apprehension? ... has something awful happened to one her family members? (these would be my thoughts in her place) I highly doubt she would have come out of her room to be the first person to answer the door. I think she would have waited to "hear" who it was and what was going on. Everything happened so quickly with the breaking down of the door and shots being fired, the sound of her father falling down and hitting the floor. I think she might have made a break for the sliding glass door to try to run and get help; knowing her phone was in the kitchen and she couldn't call 911. Maybe ran because, meanwhile, her mother is fighting and running for her life and unable to help her and may have even called out to Jayme to "run." All jmo.

7. Nerissa

Nerissa Working on a case.....of scotch

Thanks Sadsadpanda
    Can't get link to open (just my phone)
    I thought that they left the party at 4 - not that it began at four....?

8. SadSadPanda

SadSadPanda Member

From the article: "Both mother and daughter attended a family birthday party at around 4 p.m. on Oct. 14 at the home of Denise Closs's sister"

margarita25, human and cody22 like this.
  9. SadSadPanda

SadSadPanda Member

From the same article...has the timeline on this changed and I missed it?

"At just past 1 a.m. local time on Oct. 15, the 911 call was placed to the sheriff’s office from Denise Closs's cell. When the call ended abruptly, a dispatcher called the landline at the family's home but it was disconnected."

Just past 1 a.m.? Might be a reporting error?

10. Nerissa

Nerissa Working on a case.....of scotch

Thanks!
    Must have misunderstood another poster who said they left at 4
    So they were home by 8.30, we know this since Denise texted her sister.
    Wonder if they stopped anywhere on the way home?

DancingMuse likes this.
  11. andreww

andreww Former Member

Party began at 1:00, they left at 4:00.

8paws, SeattleStew, Confusion and 3 others like this.
  12. BeeGirl

BeeGirl Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Especially with the new info that Jayme's phone was charging in the kitchen; that says to me that she was in bed as scheduled.

In my house, we have a rule: the phone doesn't stay in the kid's room at night. We actually have a "phone box" she has to put it in before going to bed. I suspect a lot of other parents also do this.

13. pepper 34

That is why I think we'll find out, eventually, that the door was shot through. If that's the case, anyone on the inside of the door has lost any advantage. Then the door is kicked in.

CuriousMaine, DancingMuse and human like this.
  14. tiffkinsadder

tiffkinsadder Well-Known Member

Observation. The FBI has Jayme listed as endangered missing and has Hania listed as kidnapped. I have always been of the opinion that Jayme was abducted. Both are endangered, imo. I tried to research how the FBI classifies and distinguishes one from the other. I couldn’t find anything that addresses my question specifically.

MrsM, x_files, Coffeequeen and 8 others like this.
  15. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Hi, just checking in and behind here.

This is an interesting new development to me that I had not heard yet, do you please have a link for this? Thanks in advance. I have been asking about this since the beginning—-last I heard there were no guns found in the home and I have been wondering about James’ hunting guns. So they’ve been accounted for? Where were they? When did LE confirm this? Thanks again.

—-

ETA: just seeing this post, nevermi d, thanks:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
  16. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I am not sure I know who really made the call. It's hard to say when Fitzgerald said it may have been kicked away. It just may have landed closer in the general area of Denise's body.

I still think the 911 call may have been made by Jayme. I just get the feeling by then both parents were already dead or dying unable to call anyone.

Since Jayme's phone was still own charge I think she would have grabbed her mom's to make the call.

This may be one of the reasons Fitzgerald knows Jayme is not a suspect in this case. Those involved are not going to call 911 for help.

Jmo of course.

Maybelline, DancingMuse, kkdj and 3 others like this.
  17. pepper 34

LietKynes likes this.
  18. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

Given the lack of progress within the scope of the Closs family normal routine, local usual suspects, tips, cars on video, electronics... I am wondering if the Closs family, specifically Jayme, was anywhere unusual just recently. I am thinking about annual events where total stranger pervert might have seen her and developed an obsession.

- Barron County Fair, Rice Lake, WI, July 18-22, 2018. (looks like so much fun, even a Catholic prayer service)
    Events/Judging Schedule - BARRON COUNTY FAIR — RICE LAKE, WISCONSIN

- Oktoberfest is huge in WI with 40% of the population claiming some German heritage. Events run in September and October, here is a link to the large ones. In nearby Chippewa Falls, the Oktoberfest draws 14,000-16,000 people and was held Sept 15-17, 2018, at the North Wisconsin State Fairgrounds.
    Oktoberfest in Wisconsin 2018 - Find WI Oktoberfest Dates & Locations

- There are other Fall Festivals and early Halloween public events.

- There are also apple events. Fall is the time of year to visit farms for a bucket of apples, eat fresh farm-baked apple pie; also not just pumpkin season, but all sorts of squash grown in WI.

The problems with a public event encounter are that neither Jayme nor her parents or other relatives may have noticed she had attracted a stalker; that if DC or Jim did notice, they are gone and cannot explain; if Jayme had some creep try to talk to her, she is missing and cannot tell anyone. No ID necessary at such public venues so that's a needle in a haystack -

except one place I can think of

which are the many, many private and public shooting ranges all over WI.

We now know that Jim did own hunting rifles that he kept in the home and they are accounted for.
    Wisconsin police baffled by Jayme Closs disappearance one month after parents' murder

IDK but it seems to me that hunters planning for annual deer season would want to go out and fire some practice shots, warm up their guns, clean them, buy ammo. I wonder if Jim was in the habit of doing this every Fall, Sept-Oct. I wonder if he would go with a male relative or close friend or hunting buddy, fun weekend afternoon doing 'guy stuff'. I wonder if he took Jayme with him this year thinking she was now old enough and big enough to learn to shoot and importantly, to learn about gun safety. There would be a lot of general public people at a range, strangers, maybe a pervert saw Jayme there. The one good thing is that ranges typically require ID so that if anyone gets shot or other accident, they know exactly who was present.

I wonder if LE has asked the family-friends-coworkers if Jim took Jayme to an outdoor long gun shooting range for the first time just recently, and if so, has LE checked out the people who were there at the same time. We know the Unsub is comfortable with guns, able to kill, maybe a hunter.

Thanks MsBetsy.

Marzipan, DancingMuse, kkdj and 4 others like this.
  19. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

x_files, BeeGirl, human and 4 others like this.
  20. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

This makes me believe more than ever the call was placed by Jayme when the murderer was distracted... in the middle of murdering Denise at the time.

Jmo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.