AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Not visibly of course. If they had a good quality sample and processed it high priority the actual test only takes about 3.5 hours to run and a couple of hours to write the report. 1-2 day turn around including reviews and quality checks. The FBI was there on the same day. Its possible they had samples processed right away.

2. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

Still nothing ? :(

TimesEight, LadyNada, Bravo and 5 others like this.
  3. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

The unexpected 911 call necessitated the quick action. The gunshots also to a lesser degree. But I'd guess the perp did not plan on only a couple of minutes in the house. Whatever plan there was was, most certainly changed once the 911 call was discovered. And hopefully he made a mistake and left some form of evidence in his haste.

4. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

One other scenario is that James could have been shot by Denise since there was no weapon near James and that Denise committed the murder/suicide. I don't for a moment think that this happened but just going on the suicide comment on the dispatch log.

JRW and DancingMuse like this.
  5. lonetraveler

Yes, that is a good question IMO but I also want to know what they think Jayme was wearing, was she fully dressed, did she take a backpack, was she in pajamas,????

JRW and DancingMuse like this.
  6. lonetraveler

I just can't let go of the girls who were repeatedly driving by the home immediately following the crime. I know they have been questioned but I just can buy that they had heard about this predawn on a Monday morning.

human, daisy6441, Mrs. Friday and 7 others like this.
  7. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Respectfully there is absolutely nothing that shows this family was anything other than what has been said about them.

Imho its hurtful to the family including Denise and Jim's memory to casually assume something sinister was going in behind closed doors. That is an assumption made without any proof. It's like trying to prove a negative which cant be done.

Jim is a victim in this case just as much as Denise and Jayme.

And yes there is a news link on the threads somewhere where a close family member said Jim was Jayme's knight in shining armor. I believe he loved his only child with all of his heart and soul and Jayme loved him equally.

Imo he was brutally murdered along with Denise because of their deep protective unconditional love for Jayme.

The suspect knew as long as Jim had a breath in his body he wouldnt let anyone rip Jayme away from them and would protect her at all cost.

That's why both are dead because they both would have fought to their death to protect the daughter they loved more than their own life.

The killer and kidnapper knew it so he immediately eliminated the two he knew would stand in his way as long as they had life in their body.

Jmo

Coffeequeen, JaneEyre, human and 5 others like this.
  8. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I would hope he looked out the window first. And the people from the power company here, have very very bright lights on their trucks. They also usually send a text notifying people they are in the area. Glad it was not anything nefarious.

9. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

What law, where, requires guns to be in a case locked? Just wondering!!
    I agree in that scenario, he had no chance.

10. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Remembering Cupcake

The girl in the above story-- JB-- was taken by a man she knew when he offered her a ride home. She thought she could trust him to drive her home and got into the car. He turned out to be a violent drug addict who instead of taking her home took her to a house, tied her up in a closet, and took turns sexually assaulting her with two other men. They also forced her to snort drugs to keep her compliant. JB bravely escaped as soon as she got the opportunity. JB and her mom spoke to the press immediately after she was found so many locals knew her identity from that press appearance (plus she had been a missing teen for 29 days). The awful thing is many on social media blamed JB and said she probably ran away from home (she didn't). Then after she was found the nasty comments turned into "she must have liked being with these adult men and doing drugs"-- that is what she is talking about when she says people are calling her names and blaming her for what happened to her.

I see it happening sometimes in Jayme's case where people want to say maybe she willingly ran off with someone. That suggestion alone isn't victim blaming but IMO it's a whole slippery slope down to allowing the insinuation that Jayme isn't a victim at all. Her parents were brutally murdered. What if Jayme is being held against her will like JB was? If she is found alive she will have to read what people were saying about her and she will get called names by social media trolls no matter what the situation turns out to be. Cases like JB are what keep me defensive for victims like Jayme. I have no doubt in my mind that she was taken against her will. I only hope that somehow she is still alive and will escape the moment she gets a chance just like JB did. MOO.

JaneEyre, Confusion, human and 9 others like this.
  11. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Remembering Cupcake

No. At the moment they radioed in "possible suicide" they had not found Denise yet. They had only seen James' body briefly. They changed their assessment of the situation after finding Denise. And the ME ruled both deaths homicides by gun shot. Sheriff says the killer brought his own gun to the house and took it with when they left. So this discussion about suicide is all moot now. MOO.

12. cryscrys

cryscrys Well-Known Member

This is what I am leaning toward, but maybe someone who was intimate with Jayme (not saying consensual) got found out and has family a Dad or Brothers that don't want this person in trouble. Jayme would have to go completely missing as her body could hold DNA of theperp. This would explain why Jayme is missing, the possible two + people, and why the person may not be reported missing, and odd behavior not noticed. What looks like a crime of rage or passion is actually a crime of desperation. All JMO

13. tiffkinsadder

tiffkinsadder Well-Known Member

Right.
    Where could she be? Find Jayme.

14. bobsburgers

bobsburgers Member

15. Abba's Tears

Abba's Tears Well-Known Member

That is very disturbing indeed. IMO there has to be something behind such a strong statement publicly posted. Not sure what, but something definitely worth investigating.

BlinkOfAnI, Medstudies, MFH and 7 others like this.
  16. lonetraveler

I don't know what you mean by "no". I stated that I did not for one moment think that this scenario happened but people are still debating the possible suicide comment on the dispatch log. I for one think that it was simply an assumption that there was a suicide when the feet were seen in the doorway until it was discovered that multiple rounds were spent and no weapon was found near the victim. That said, the only other "suicide" scenario would have had to have been the other way around, ie., James shot first and then suicide, but that was cleared up as well when no weapon was found with Denise as well. Just an observation, nothing more.

17. Maybelline

Maybelline Well-Known Member

I agree. That was said early on as well, before the family spoke on the media and before so much was said online. Unless it was just some goofy person. I would not. Can LE find out where comments originate from on a site like that somehow??

bellyup and DancingMuse like this.
  18. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Ugh...how replusive. I have such disdain for internet trolls.

To post this crap on the obituary comment area shows how low some will go trying to ruin things just to get attentuon.

I hope someone reported them to the police. That's the problem now with online obit sites. It allows the trolls from all across the country to ruin it for everyone. How disgraceful.

From now on I will only read those who actually knows Jim...Denise and Jayme.

Most talked about how both Jim and Denise were very good people. God bless them both.

Imo

19. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

Wow. That is unnerving. Why wasn't the post taken down by the Funeral Home? But this could easily be a troll. Is there a MG living near Barron that knows the Closs family?

TimesEight likes this.
  20. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

To write in a guest book on an obituary page, a required field is an email address. This funeral home requires it too. So I would assume that LE would have checked this out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.