AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

Gosh I never thought of that but I think you are right! The killer obviously Had to hurry.

Rubiconbob, JenniD and DancingMuse like this.

2. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

I think it's probably someone who has a beef with the family or a troll. I'm sure it was checked out. LE can check the email and zero in on the location of this person.

3. holtzmann

holtzmann Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but anyone can type any email address into forms like that... or easily create a dummy account to do so. It's a disturbing comment, but it's only hearsay, and nothing tangible to go off of.

4. JRW

JRW Well-Known Member

Thats a good question... for example why were they driving by repeatedly that night, and why were they so quickly dismissed by the police... also i'd like to know if their information was taken and they were later questioned about anything they might have known?

5. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Remembering Cupcake

Oh, I'm sorry for misunderstanding what you said. I thought you were proposing it could have happened that way. I agree with you. I don't understand why some are still talking about the suicide thing. Please accept my apology. :oops:

kkdj, DancingMuse and oceanblueeyes like this.
  6. Maybelline

Maybelline Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree with you. If this were written by someone who “thinks” they know something, I don’t take that to necessarily mean they are implying a family member either. Just such a strange and odd thing to put on an obituary. If you have a genuine concern, go to someone with legal authority and tell them, and don’t post it on a site for condolences and fond memories. That just is not helpful and very hurtful.

7. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

While there isn't a legal Wisconsin requirement to keep a gun locked, it certainly seems prudent to do so. James had his guns in a case.

Wisconsin provides that anyone who recklessly stores or leaves a loaded firearm within the reach or easy access of a child under age 14 is criminally liable for a misdemeanor if:

• The child obtains the firearm without the lawful permission of his or her parent or guardian or the person having charge of the child; and
    • The child either discharges the firearm causing bodily harm to anyone, or possesses the firearm in a public place or in violation of Wisconsin Statutes § 941.20 (regarding the illegal use and discharge of firearms).1

human, Lillymac and DancingMuse like this.
  8. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Perfectly said. How horrific for JB. Healing from tragic events is, especially when young, very difficult. To have it compounded by baseless and hurtful words only makes the healing more difficult. Words carry power and need to be spoken as such. I appreciate your post and am grateful for WS TOS that try keep this in check. JMO but it sometimes seems that when there is no other avenue left to look into, focus turns to victim, family, even LE and their investigation manner. This may be human nature as I am sure many have had fleeting thoughts that go in one or more of these directions in any case. But as @Gardener1850 so kindly pointed out, the decision to share those thoughts can cause horrible damage to an already suffering victim or family member. Thank you for reminding all of us to choose words carefully.

9. BlinkOfAnI

Shame on who? Is it a reply to another comment? Hope that is removed unless it is being allowed for a purpose we would be unaware of?

DancingMuse and TatianaBarbie like this.
  10. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

When I first read this I thought they were speaking directly to the murderer/s but after reading comments I read it again and it is very wierd.

DancingMuse likes this.
  11. BlinkOfAnI

Good question. Why wasn't it removed? The family would have to request removal. Maybe they haven't seen it? Or it's being left for a reason? Very odd and disgusting.

TatianaBarbie and DancingMuse like this.
  12. Mistermagoo

Mistermagoo Well-Known Member

I reported someone to the tip line who had responded to a bunch of youtube videos related to the case and posted replies in an eerily same fashion. calling the family monsters and saying they know what happened. I did not report to youtube and the account has since been removed so I am not sure if other people were also reporting it or if LE looked into it after my report.

13. JenniD

JenniD Well-Known Member

I can't let go of that either. At one point I read they were related to the Closses -but who just happens to be driving by at that time of night? Something feels off with this

14. BlinkOfAnI

So many crazy and horrible people out there but glad you reported it because you just never know. Maybe LE did check it and the poster out and that's why it's down.

15. Juledrops

Juledrops Member

16. Pretty Go Pale

Pretty Go Pale Gin and Juice Boxes for ILoveChili and The Dude

The Sheriff said that? All I've seen reported is that the Sheriff said all of James' guns were accounted for. But even that is questionable, since no one other than James/Denise would know for certain whether there was a handgun others didn't know about in the house.

JRW, human and Intrigued25 like this.
  17. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

Maybe they are speaking to the murderer, so to speak. I read it and re-read it again several times. I could be wrong, but it seems like they are angry about Denise and James' deaths and either know that one of them is responsible for this, or they believe that one of the family knows why this happened and who did it. It seems like a bit of a random comment to post, and most funeral homes approve of your message before it is posted so that trolls can't post mean or cruel comments on those pages. I wonder why this one is allowed to stay up, especially after all this time??

JRW, gngr~snap, DancingMuse and 2 others like this.
  18. SausagePizza

SausagePizza Well-Known Member

The obituary poster - Could be one of these psychic's that pop up from time to time that saw it in a dream after reading FB. ??

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    CuriousMaine likes this.
  19. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Remembering Cupcake

"Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald is consumed with her disappearance and her parents' murders, too. Wednesday, he said there is still no obvious motive. Fitzgerald confirmed Jim owned three guns and they were located in the home, but were not used in the crime, which means someone else murdered the couple and likely took off with Jayme."
    Relatives Plead for Vigilance as They Share Profound Loss of Closs Family

See also abt 2:30 in this video the reporter says that the sheriff clarified all James' guns were accounted for, the Closses were killed with somebody else's gun, and that gun was gone when LE arrived:

human, daisy6441, Trino and 7 others like this.
  20. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I wonder if this person could be a member of the family. Maybe extended family or one not in good favor with family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.