AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in hearing what investigators find from examining her electronic devices and social media accounts (cell phone, Facebook ,etc.). Messages/friend requests from men acquainted with the family. If you look at her Facebook account, looks like she's grown up more-so over the past year. Would attract unwanted attention from guys with the wrong kind of interest.

I'm guessing the town being so small all they have is maybe a funeral home and undertaker. Probably no Coroner. Probably bringing somebody with more experience in to do the autopsy on somebody murdered. MOO

But they would have known that prior to today. It was the way he said they received additional information that then required more resources.

Does anybody happen to have an address? I'd like to go over to a map and see just what's close by. Homes, gas stations and anything that might have a camera mounted. I'm guessing it will be a neighbors video camera that solves this one. They can now be purchased at Radio Shack for about $99 and easy to install. Just saying.

I don't know, but if the father was found in the front doorway area my first thought is that he just simply answered the door and was shot, in other words, no break-in. JMO
Except the second gunshot was said to be louder, which makes me think he was killed last, like maybe the door was open or the shooter was outside. Jmo

I hope no one jumps to conclusions and tries to analyze the grandfather talking about Jayme in the past tense!
The dance teacher did too.
I've noticed I speak about my own kids in past tense. Not because they are deceased, buy because I may be referring to them from years ago.
People do that a lot and it usually doesn't mean anything is amiss

MOO

I keep going back to her possibly setting up a meeting with someone that was inadvertently interrupted by her parents hearing them. An argument ensued and she either left willingly or was too scared of the consequences for her to stay.

I have a 13 year old granddaughter. She tells me about all these girls at school who sneak out of their houses at night to meet other teens. I feel that if Jayme was meeting someone, she would have snuck out of the house and meet them somewhere else. Also, there wouldn't likely be a "point of entrance" that made police suspect an intrusion. MOO

Except the second gunshot was said to be louder, which makes me think he was killed last, like maybe the door was open or the shooter was outside. Jmo
I was thinking about this and it could be that the neighbor was, most likely, woken up by the first shot. The second shot would seem louder because he/she was awake to hear it. Does that make sense? Just a thought....

I don't necessarily think that both parents were shot to death.
The mother may have died in another way.
Right now, all we know is casings were found, they won't disclose COD, they need further clarification on the autopsies, and J is still "missing and endangered".
The sheriff seems like a genuinely caring guy not used to dealing with all those microphones and cameras pointing at him.
He seems to be saying he is overwhelmed and doesn't know anything more than what the FBI is telling him. If they are telling local LE anything at all right now.
Asking the public for tips always happens and sometimes solves a case.
This is just a horrible rabbit-hole of an agonizing kind.
I feel for the locals. I honestly do, but I don't think answers are going to come quickly in this case. I hope and pray I am very very wrong.
Chi

I find this particular scenario hard to believe. I could imagine some other kind of blackmail/whistleblowing scenario, but this is such a spectacular, attention-drawing crime (especially with the kidnapping) that I can't imagine it would be done by someone who is simply an undocumented worker trying to fly under the radar. That makes no sense to me.

I find it hard to believe, too. But it came to mind and things are kinda weird in that arena right now in this country, so I threw it out there.

I don't know, but if the father was found in the front doorway area my first thought is that he just simply answered the door and was shot, in other words, no break-in. JMO
Do they have shifts at the plant?
He could have been just returning home from work.
Perhaps perp was waiting on Jayme and mom to return and was in the.home when they got there?
MOO

Does anybody happen to have an address? I'd like to go over to a map and see just what's close by. Homes, gas stations and anything that might have a camera mounted. I'm guessing it will be a neighbors video camera that solves this one. They can now be purchased at Radio Shack for about $99 and easy to install. Just saying.
Here's something . . . "The Barron County Sheriff's Department arrived at the home at 1268 U.S. 8"

I remember seeing the full address mentioned in one of the news articles but can't remember which one.

I was thinking about this and it could be that the neighbor was, most likely, woken up by the first shot. The second shot would seem louder because he/she was awake to hear it. Does that make sense? Just a thought....
Maybe. Or maybe that her bedroom faced the room in which the second shot occurred. Jmo

Here's something . . . "The Barron County Sheriff's Department arrived at the home at 1268 U.S. 8"

I remember seeing the full address mentioned in one of the news articles but can't remember which one.
I think it was the local news, WEAU 13. they mentioned the address that the call came from. 1268 highway 8, in the town of Barron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708