AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Le Singe

Le Singe Well-Known Member

they said that don't know and aren't assuming anything one way or the other but either way they think she is in danger. [thats a paraphrase of what the sheriff said towards the end of the 4:00pm pressure yesterday in response to a question about abduction]

Subiechik21, Amonet, cody22 and 5 others like this.

2. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

More FBI = less information -- moo

3. CARIIS

with ya

4. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

Changing the subject - I noticed the Closs driveway seemed to be paved. Because of all the rain and snow, I suspect LE is examining tire tracks, footprints, and so on.

5. human

human Well-Known Member

I wonder what happened to the phone after one minute? I would think that whoever called 911 would have done it secretively,

6. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

At the 4pm presser yesterday the Sheriff said he won’t be releasing information that won’t help the case.

7. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

One thing I've been thinking about a lot is that the neighbors said they were woken up by the gunshots and looked at their clock - 12:30 AM. Yet the 911 call didn't come in to the sheriff until 12:58 AM** . Given that the call seemed to indicate a disturbance/commotion, it seems like the perp (perps) was still there which means they were in the home for at least 30 minutes. While the houses aren't super close together, JS and TS's house wasn't terribly far away either. The Closs house was not isolated. That means whoever made those shots was confident enough that the neighbors wouldn't hear and call 911. They correctly banked on neighbors thinking it was just someone hunting or scaring a bear away. IMO this is particular and significant.

**EDIT: sorry, I believe it was actually 12:53 AM. I've seen both times in different articles.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  8. crhedBngr

And THIS - closing this thread (pardon my shouting!) we don't want.

Growing up in North Central Wisconsin, I consider incidents such as this personal. I still feel that Wisconsin people are Family.

9. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

May I ask what photo(s) you base this on? It looks gravel to me, but maybe I've missed whatever you're looking at? TIA
    MOO

10. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

We don't know. LE is tight-lipped on the evidence collected so far.

11. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm running late today while trying to catch up on the latest about Jayme. Still having to deal with the aftermath of problems from Michael a week later after it roared through.

But anyway I agree.

Imo this case is not about drugs or even vendettas against these parents. Truthfully there are many families who do not use drugs of any kind and there are plenty of teens who do not do it either.

I find it highly doubtful this had anything to do with their home being targeted randomly with some druggies thinking drugs were inside. In fact I have zero belief that is even a remote possibilty.

Jayme's family seem to be hard working people who have held a steady job for decades while raising their 13 year old daughter.

They sound just like so many other good.. decent and caring parents doing the very same thing.

Since they had Jayme a little later in life when she was born I have no doubt they thought she was a beautiful blessing for both of them imo.

Frankly I don't believe this has anything to do with her parents other than being murdered due to being there when the suspect came for Jayme.

They weren't the targets but whomever this is certainly knew they would not let him take Jayme from their home. So they were eliminated to remove those obstacles. Imo

At first although I didn't post it I thought it could be a local boy who was much older than Jayme. Of course her parents wouldn't approve of such relationship and would make that very clear to both of them.

However as time passes I am not sure that will be the case. If he was local LE would have found out quickly if he is missing in a community of only 3300.

So now I think it is either a sexual predator from the general area or surrounding counties/towns who had been stalking her and her home without any of them being aware.

It could have also been someone she private chatted with online with. Someone she thought was a teen boy but instead behind the monitor they very well could have been a much older pedophile hunting for his next victim.

It's also possible the online chatter could have really been a teen but older than Jayme and she knew he was coming that night. I Honestly do not want to even go there. Yet I cant ignore that it has turned out to be the case in several of the cases where other parents were shot dead and it wound up both were involved in it all.

What is even scarier is so many times the daughter who's parent or parents were the ones murdered they were often the masterminds. I pray that will never turnout to be the case in this case.

Imo

Subiechik21, TRB, Katharine and 22 others like this.
  12. Le Singe

Le Singe Well-Known Member

no possibility is they didn't want to JUST raper her ... they wanted to have, what was at least in their mind, a "relationship" with her.

Edit: should have said "one possibility"

Subiechik21, Amonet, cody22 and 7 others like this.
  13. Platform9.75

Platform9.75 Active Member

The FBI Milwaukee Twitter just announced another press conference at 4:00pm today re: JC

14. white rabbit

white rabbit Well-Known Member

this. and i picture her woken by commotion and hiding under her bed (assuming she was in it at 12:30) then finding her phone to call 911. not saying anything bc at that point the perp(s) are looking for her. she hangs up when he/she/they enter the room and get out of there quickly, fearing LE is on the way. another correct assumption by the perp(s) as LE arrived 5 minutes after the call.

i wonder in hindsight if LE saw or passed any cars on state road 8 that night.

15. CARIIS

i dont know for some reason i dont get this feeling of her being in danger

then i tell myself she is with someone who might have killed two people

but something feels like they knew each other

16. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Why haven’t there been any organized searches for JC?

17. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

<modsnip - removed quoted post and direct response to it>

You can see the press conference here:
    WATCH: Barron County Sheriff Press Conference on Jayme Closs Situation | Recent News | DrydenWire

ETA
    Police in Miami, Florida, said they received a report from someone who believed they saw Jayme in their area Monday afternoon in a black Ford Explorer with a possible Wisconsin plate of I60WER. The tipster said a girl who looked like Jayme was in the vehicle with two well-dressed, bearded men. Fitzgerald said at a Tuesday afternoon press conference that the FBI followed up on the tip and it is "not credible."
    What we know about the disappearance of Jayme Closs, the Wisconsin girl missing since her parents' deaths

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2018
  18. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

I do wonder about that too. Could be a lot of things. 1) It's possible the neighbor was a little off on the time. 2) Also possible that the perp left quickly (taking Jayme) and being mortally wounded it took the one of the parents some time to crawl to a phone to dial 911. 3) Also possible that there was some sort of standoff/torture/etc. at the home in the time period between 12:30-12:58.

I lean toward 1 or 3, but I'd like to learn more

19. alyssa5597

alyssa5597 Well-Known Member

The police have made it clear she is in danger. They obviously have reason to believe so, especially in light of issuing an Amber Alert without suspect or car information. All the information we have is likely not all of the information they have.

Even if they did know each other, her parents were shot dead in a brutal murder and the perpetrator clearly has a weapon. She is in danger.

Subiechik21, Katharine, MrsM and 14 others like this.
  20. crhedBngr

Yes, why not??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.