AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through these threads is so sad. <modsnip - unnecessary comment>

I really hope LE knows more than they are saying.

This. Totally agree. For all we know and honestly what seems more accurate based on what we know of Jayme so far, she could have just been immature for her age in terms of having responsibilities and her parents weren't confident she could take care of herself alone, or it was better for them to have someone home with her to drive her to activities. It could be nothing more than mom and dad just weren't comfortable leaving her alone yet, she's only 13. If parents worked all the time, maybe they simply just didn't want Jayme to spend so much time alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great points! Makes you wonder if they feels that this is all local. I grew up small town and so did my daughter, One thing I know for sure we both grew up way before our times. As far as I know she is an only child which would mean most of her time outside of school would be spent with adults, right? That would make her more mature than most her age? Everything is quite private into seeing what her life was really like. I pray that this does not end with her being deceased but either way I think we all know the outcome is not going to be good, regardless if she is deceased or alive.

BBM. Not necessarily. I tend to think an "only child" can be less mature because they are the center of attention. They don't have any younger siblings to learn how to care for or older siblings that they have to learn how to get along with. No one to compete with or challenge them into maturity. And adults may spoil an "only child" because they are a miracle baby they never expected to be able to have (I don't know if that's the case here but just giving it as an example). And as far as only being with adults-- all indications to me are that Jayme's parents tried to enroll her in team activities with peers her age-- dance and cross country running, for examples. Those things don't make her mature or not mature though. What I see from the few pieces of info we have been given from friends and family is that she is more on the child side of 13 than the teen side (the age where kids may start to challenge boundaries and try to act older than they really are). We heard she is "sweet" and "quiet". Looking at her photos we see she doesn't wear lots of make-up, she doesn't style her hair or wear clothes that are more adult than her years. She isn't yet to the point of taking those selfies we see all over social media with pouty lips or sexy poses. And even if she did these things it wouldn't be wrong, but her photos seem to indicate she hadn't gotten into that phase of being a teen yet. She smiles at the camera when someone takes a pic and her smile seems shy to me. I see an innocent child who is barely 13 and not mature or even trying to be mature. I worry she caught the attention of a predator not because of anything she did or said but because of her still looking like a child and having a childlike innocence. JMO. :(

Sometimes I don't believe everything LE says. They are trying to get people talking and leads to solve the crime. There is always that backup that we can't say why we believe this and that as it may interfere with the investigation.

They probably know who it is and think they can slip up by talking about details of the event in itself.

It would be helpful to understand why Jayme switched schools. That’s a big move for a girl her age, one that had to have “cause” as is having a “caretaker” at age 13. By 13, I was babysitting myself and making pocket money in WI.
The article stated "family caretaker." The word "caretaker" may be a poor word choice, as some are assuming it means "babysitter." This could simply be someone who helps by providing transportation and/or who has been responsible for babysitting in the past. If Jayme's parents had conflicting or changing schedules, it makes sense to have a "caretaker" to fill in for them when necessary.
MOO

I am more inclined to think that the caregiver was for Jayme's Grandmother (who died of Cancer) or some other family member and not for Jayme. The mentioning of a caregiver neither mentions who the caregiver was for and, more importantly, when there was a caregiver around.

This is a good point. I believe it was stated this person was the family caregiver and I would think if this person was for Jayme, the would have indicated that specifically.

I agree. I wonder if she doesn’t have a history of making poor choices while her parents were at work. The aunt may have been needed this summer when Jayme was undoubtedly home alone while her parents were working. As a parent of a 15 and 17 YO girls, I assure you at 13 a majority of girls are well advanced into the teen world of sex, online social media use and often times drugs.

I was leaning more towards the proactive or reactive angle; in other words, were her parents overprotective/simply gone a lot/weird hours for work
OR
were they attempting to keep a bf away, had she recently become afraid of staying alone for a specific reason? Was she fearful of something or someone? Were her parents?

Marking my spot.
Was hoping for better news today. :(

Respectfully..... Is it possible someone thought Jayme's parents were bad or abusive... and wanted to "rescue" Jayme from them ?
The saddest part of this possible scenario is that her parents cannot defend themselves (from any accusations, that is.) !!
Just getting a horrible, evil vibe about what went down that night or early morning.
Sometimes a young person may contact an online "friend" or even a relative, and magnify a perceived situation-- all out of proportion.
Or a child (sorry-- to me a 13 yr. old is still a like a kid) says they just need to get away.
And a misfit (obviously , given what has happened) goes in to be a twisted sort of 'hero'.

Last edited:
Targeted - vendetta or revenge against the family

This is the only one that makes any sense. My feeling is that it may have been a boyfriend that may have been threatened by the parents. He came back and took care of them and is now on the run with Jayme.

personally i think its this (think caffey family type deal). or some long random wackjob pedophile like matthew hoffmann.

i don't get the ppl saying drugs? what type of drug dealer is slaving away for the man at the turkey factory?

I need a life...

ah

first time I saw these

i think this is a regular pillow thing - why would one need to tie someone from the FRONT of the chair ??

I would also think maybe that was the way they found it -- violent struggle?

there would be no reason (would be really bad actually) for forensics to separate stuff - ie not preserve it intact

possibly more like a victim struggling to get up and accidently pulled the pillow off??

Perhaps not abducted in the sense that she went willingly. She's at that age where she would be impressionable, receptive to someone stroking her imagination for a life where she could be better understood than what her parents offer. It was mentioned upthread that a family member or a friend said that she had big ambitions. Perhaps she communicated these with someone (online) somewhere and they promised her the moon and the stars, while having completely different motivation themselves.
I'm not suggesting she was not happy at home or that her parents were mean or abusive to her. But when a young girl reaches teenagehood (puberty), they change. Personality included. And often feel they are big time misunderstood by grownups and parents.
And likely if this is what happened and this person showed up to "rescue" her, she did not expect the outcome and the violence. All speculative, my opinion and reaching for an explanation that doesn't involve romance or abduction. JMO

Yes, I am thinking it was something like this. She had no idea what he really had in mind and it went sideways really fast. JMO

This. Totally agree. For all we know and honestly what seems more accurate based on what we know of Jayme so far, she could have just been immature for her age in terms of having responsibilities and her parents weren't confident she could take care of herself alone, or it was better for them to have someone home with her to drive her to activities. It could be nothing more than mom and dad just weren't comfortable leaving her alone yet, she's only 13. If parents worked all the time, maybe they simply just didn't want Jayme to spend so much time alone.

but that counters the reports that she was very busy in other activities -- did the change in school (has to be initiated by someone) occur the same time as she was with a caregiver

Actually you can get actual text messages back from phone companies- they can be retrieved but it’s a massive job only done if person in imminent danger of death or really serious harm ( I’m talking from experience in U.K. LE)
In the recent Dellen Millard case in Toronto, police were only able to get texts from phones, recovering deleted messages from phones, and from phone backups saved to computers. The only info from phone company was that a text message or reply was sent or received from a certain number. No content was retrieved.

Hey guys.....we're not supposed to do the race card or we could get shut down. Plus we aren't supposed to attack a poster or TO's might be given. Just saying......
Jumping off of this post... If you think a post is violating TOS please report. If you disagree and choose to respond, do so respectfully and at a certain point you may have to agree to disagree. Tangents which are not productive to the discussion of this case can result in warnings, timeouts, or closing the thread. Thanks,
Whiskers

Thinking out loud...what would be the motive for abducting her if her parents were killed first? If sexual, why not just rape her there at the house...why take her? Maybe because she called 911 and ruined the chance? Maybe this is in revenge to a living family member? Otherwise, why abduct? It won’t hurt her parents, they are dead. Maybe to rape and kill later? It’s very strange

That's why the theory about a boyfriend---either online or in real life--makes more sense to me. That would explain why she was taken along after the murders, JMO, IMO.

Respectfully..... Is it possible someone thought Jayme's parents were bad or abusive... and wanted to "rescue" Jayme from them ?

Or, could it be the opposite? Jayme's parents discovered someone else was abusing her and the "other person" decided to end things before a confrontation initiated by the parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong