AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then they said she had not been abducted?

I'm losing focus... :eek:

they said that don't know and aren't assuming anything one way or the other but either way they think she is in danger. [thats a paraphrase of what the sheriff said towards the end of the 4:00pm pressure yesterday in response to a question about abduction]

Marking my spot.
Was hoping for better news today. :(

Respectfully..... Is it possible someone thought Jayme's parents were bad or abusive... and wanted to "rescue" Jayme from them ?
The saddest part of this possible scenario is that her parents cannot defend themselves !!
Just getting a horrible, evil vibe about what went down that night or early morning.
Sometimes a young person may contact an online "friend" or even a relative, and magnify a perceived situation-- all out of proportion.
Or a child (sorry-- to me a 13 yr. old is still a like a kid) says they just need to get away.
And a misfit (obviously , given what has happened) goes in to be a twisted sort of 'hero'.

with ya

Police said they didn't think there was a danger to the public but that Jayme is in danger. They apparently don't know who they're looking for because they gave the general info about noticing if people started acting differently. Police received a cell call but it seems to have only picked up background arguing or something. So, it would rather seem the argument may have revealed a motive that showed the family was targeted for a reason (I'd assume to get Jayme). They don't know who the person was but don't think they'll go after anybody else.

I wonder what happened to the phone after one minute? I would think that whoever called 911 would have done it secretively,

One thing I've been thinking about a lot is that the neighbors said they were woken up by the gunshots and looked at their clock - 12:30 AM. Yet the 911 call didn't come in to the sheriff until 12:58 AM** . Given that the call seemed to indicate a disturbance/commotion, it seems like the perp (perps) was still there which means they were in the home for at least 30 minutes. While the houses aren't super close together, JS and TS's house wasn't terribly far away either. The Closs house was not isolated. That means whoever made those shots was confident enough that the neighbors wouldn't hear and call 911. They correctly banked on neighbors thinking it was just someone hunting or scaring a bear away. IMO this is particular and significant.

**EDIT: sorry, I believe it was actually 12:53 AM. I've seen both times in different articles.

Last edited:
Jumping off of this post... If you think a post is violating TOS please report. If you disagree and choose to respond, do so respectfully and at a certain point you may have to agree to disagree. Tangents which are not productive to the discussion of this case can result in warnings, timeouts, or closing the thread. Thanks,
Whiskers

And THIS - closing this thread (pardon my shouting!) we don't want.

Growing up in North Central Wisconsin, I consider incidents such as this personal. I still feel that Wisconsin people are Family.

In my OOP...
Barron is small town USA (I live near here) crime does happen but this is well beyond our normal drug offenses and breakins. Unless there was drugs related or other gang affiliations it would not be very likely their house was randomly chosen for a break in gone bad. Both parents were employed an I assume good standing. People who are gainfully employed and showing up for work are most likely not involved in something nefarious enough to bring about this crime activity. People in town would be talking if this were a drug house. Users spread that word pretty quickly. Because if the above, I begin to think how this could be related to Jayme. I am only left with a feeling that she was involved either in person or online with someone her parents didn’t approve of. Because of this being during the night I think she was attempting to secretly leave with this person. Her parents heard her and an argument ensued. Not sure she intended for any of this to happen as I feel like she is quite naive and possibly didn’t know how dangerous this individual was/is. She either went willingly because she is naive enough to believe she is in love or atthis point she is so scared of what just occurred she feels she has no other choice. Again, IMOO

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm running late today while trying to catch up on the latest about Jayme. Still having to deal with the aftermath of problems from Michael a week later after it roared through.

But anyway I agree.

Imo this case is not about drugs or even vendettas against these parents. Truthfully there are many families who do not use drugs of any kind and there are plenty of teens who do not do it either.

I find it highly doubtful this had anything to do with their home being targeted randomly with some druggies thinking drugs were inside. In fact I have zero belief that is even a remote possibilty.

Jayme's family seem to be hard working people who have held a steady job for decades while raising their 13 year old daughter.

They sound just like so many other good.. decent and caring parents doing the very same thing.

Since they had Jayme a little later in life when she was born I have no doubt they thought she was a beautiful blessing for both of them imo.

Frankly I don't believe this has anything to do with her parents other than being murdered due to being there when the suspect came for Jayme.

They weren't the targets but whomever this is certainly knew they would not let him take Jayme from their home. So they were eliminated to remove those obstacles. Imo

At first although I didn't post it I thought it could be a local boy who was much older than Jayme. Of course her parents wouldn't approve of such relationship and would make that very clear to both of them.

However as time passes I am not sure that will be the case. If he was local LE would have found out quickly if he is missing in a community of only 3300.

So now I think it is either a sexual predator from the general area or surrounding counties/towns who had been stalking her and her home without any of them being aware.

It could have also been someone she private chatted with online with. Someone she thought was a teen boy but instead behind the monitor they very well could have been a much older pedophile hunting for his next victim.

It's also possible the online chatter could have really been a teen but older than Jayme and she knew he was coming that night. I Honestly do not want to even go there. Yet I cant ignore that it has turned out to be the case in several of the cases where other parents were shot dead and it wound up both were involved in it all.

What is even scarier is so many times the daughter who's parent or parents were the ones murdered they were often the masterminds. I pray that will never turnout to be the case in this case.

Imo

Last edited:
Thinking out loud...what would be the motive for abducting her if her parents were killed first? If sexual, why not just rape her there at the house...why take her? Maybe because she called 911 and ruined the chance? Maybe this is in revenge to a living family member? Otherwise, why abduct? It won’t hurt her parents, they are dead. Maybe to rape and kill later? It’s very strange

no possibility is they didn't want to JUST raper her ... they wanted to have, what was at least in their mind, a "relationship" with her.

Edit: should have said "one possibility"

Last edited:
I wonder what happened to the phone after one minute? I would think that whoever called 911 would have done it secretively,

this. and i picture her woken by commotion and hiding under her bed (assuming she was in it at 12:30) then finding her phone to call 911. not saying anything bc at that point the perp(s) are looking for her. she hangs up when he/she/they enter the room and get out of there quickly, fearing LE is on the way. another correct assumption by the perp(s) as LE arrived 5 minutes after the call.

i wonder in hindsight if LE saw or passed any cars on state road 8 that night.

they said that don't know and aren't assuming anything one way or the other but either way they think she is in danger. [thats a paraphrase of what the sheriff said towards the end of the 4:00pm pressure yesterday in response to a question about abduction]

i dont know for some reason i dont get this feeling of her being in danger

then i tell myself she is with someone who might have killed two people

but something feels like they knew each other

<modsnip - removed quoted post and direct response to it>

You can see the press conference here:
WATCH: Barron County Sheriff Press Conference on Jayme Closs Situation | Recent News | DrydenWire

ETA
Police in Miami, Florida, said they received a report from someone who believed they saw Jayme in their area Monday afternoon in a black Ford Explorer with a possible Wisconsin plate of I60WER. The tipster said a girl who looked like Jayme was in the vehicle with two well-dressed, bearded men. Fitzgerald said at a Tuesday afternoon press conference that the FBI followed up on the tip and it is "not credible."
What we know about the disappearance of Jayme Closs, the Wisconsin girl missing since her parents' deaths

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I've been thinking about a lot is that the neighbors said they were woken up by the gunshots and looked at their clock - 12:30 AM. Yet the 911 call didn't come in to the sheriff until 12:58 AM . Given that the call seemed to indicate a disturbance/commotion, it seems like the perp (perps) was still there which means they were in the home for at least 30 minutes. While the houses aren't super close together, JS and TS's house wasn't terribly far away either. The Closs house was not isolated. That means whoever made those shots was confident enough that the neighbors wouldn't hear and call 911. They correctly banked on neighbors thinking it was just someone hunting or scaring a bear away. IMO this is particular and significant.

I do wonder about that too. Could be a lot of things. 1) It's possible the neighbor was a little off on the time. 2) Also possible that the perp left quickly (taking Jayme) and being mortally wounded it took the one of the parents some time to crawl to a phone to dial 911. 3) Also possible that there was some sort of standoff/torture/etc. at the home in the time period between 12:30-12:58.

I lean toward 1 or 3, but I'd like to learn more

i dont know for some reason i dont get this feeling of her being in danger

then i tell myself she is with someone who might have killed two people

but something feels like they knew each other

The police have made it clear she is in danger. They obviously have reason to believe so, especially in light of issuing an Amber Alert without suspect or car information. All the information we have is likely not all of the information they have.

Even if they did know each other, her parents were shot dead in a brutal murder and the perpetrator clearly has a weapon. She is in danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado