AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people asking why anyone would kill the parents if Jayme was the object of the crime. I think killing the parents might be a way to exact control over Jayme. The attacker would then be able to say, "Remember what I did to your parents? I can do the same or worse to you if you don't follow my instructions. If you do what I say you will be fine."

Obviously, I don't know this is what happened, but from a psychological standpoint it makes sense. Fear can be very effective for control. If you want to keep someone you just abducted for a significant amount of time, control seems like it would be necessary.

The other possibility is escalation by a RSO along the lines of...”I was caught last time by (person or persons) and this time I am going to make sure no one knows it was me.” moo.

You're right - it's all about a matter of perspective. In rural WI terms, it isn't isolated. Hwy 8 is a heavily trafficked road for the area, and the homes are close enough to hear a disturbance / gunshots, but not close enough to see home to home where the victims lived. Also, the home is a bit tucked into the trees, so isn't necessarily one a random person would notice as they are driving by.

It was also a Sunday at midnight. Not a lot of traffic, period. Anywhere.

One thing I've been thinking about a lot is that the neighbors said they were woken up by the gunshots and looked at their clock - 12:30 AM. Yet the 911 call didn't come in to the sheriff until 12:58 AM** . Given that the call seemed to indicate a disturbance/commotion, it seems like the perp (perps) was still there which means they were in the home for at least 30 minutes. While the houses aren't super close together, JS and TS's house wasn't terribly far away either. The Closs house was not isolated. That means whoever made those shots was confident enough that the neighbors wouldn't hear and call 911. They correctly banked on neighbors thinking it was just someone hunting or scaring a bear away. IMO this is particular and significant.

**EDIT: sorry, I believe it was actually 12:53 AM. I've seen both times in different articles.
That's gotta haunt the neighbors now. But I don't call the cops when I hear gunshots out in the country either.

I don't really know what to think of this comment either, they pretty much didn't say the community shouldn't not think they aren't in danger, they just had no evidence that they would be. Most recently, it makes me think of Mollie Tibbets. They also said the community is not in danger in that case, but the man who killed her went on with his normal life in the community, so in reality, the community was possibly in danger the whole time (thank goodness he didn't hurt anyone else, but what would have stopped him from doing so?). They just don't want to cause mass panic IMO.
Right. Something happened in my community a few years back, someone stabbing the homeless in the middle of the night. The community thought they were safe in their homes at night. Turns out the killer had also murdered an elderly woman in her home.

I had asked last thread that maybe they need to look into stores and anyone whom had bought supplies or more than usual amount of camping gear.

Indeed.

My eyes are on that plant for now. I keep trying to go back and my ADD just is t having it because I keep getting distracted I think I’ve reached that “point if no return” where the thread is moving too fast for me to keep up.

Yes, that's what the neighbors said in the interview when saying they heard the shots. They said they didn't call 911 or think anything of it really because of how many deer and bear and everything are in the area. It didn't strike them as uncommon.

Do you have a link to the interview? If it was me, i would definitely be concerned hearing gunshots after dark, especially after midnight.

What if they are not pinging a phone? They might all have been found in the home. I've wondered if one of the parents was able to crawl to a phone before dying and hit 911. Such a sad thought, breaks my heart.
Police said they heard arguing so this isn't very likely. I'm getting the feeling that the parents died instantly.

@Gardener1850

Do you want to take these? Got a few minutes to take the top 2?

I’ll start with Kaitynn and Aaron.

ETA:

Gallery: 40 missing children in Wisconsin, according to a national database

—-yeah I’m afraid this is going to take some time. Remember when we knocked out the 50 in Colorado, G?

WS. Link:
These 50 people disappeared in Colorado this year

Last edited:
They have spoken with neighbors. They searched the neighbors home inside and out, but there aren't many neighbors around to do a neighborhood canvass. They did search the woods, and they've used dogs, drones and infrared.
Street view of the home: Google Maps

god

seeing that is scary

it is really out in the boonies

You're right - it's all about a matter of perspective. In rural WI terms, it isn't isolated. Hwy 8 is a heavily trafficked road for the area, and the homes are close enough to hear a disturbance / gunshots, but not close enough to see home to home where the victims lived. Also, the home is a bit tucked into the trees, so isn't necessarily one a random person would notice as they are driving by.

Thank you for the local perspective. This gave me goosebumps. It makes me think someone knew the house. They had either been there before or they spent time in the woods surveilling it to figure out that they could pull this off. The more I think about this the more I think it is a local and not a random internet pervert from far away who had texted Jayme a few times about meeting up and decided to drive there on a whim. They thought it through and had a plan. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23