AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The school thing could have been by choice, maybe due to availability of extracurricular activities, or electives that the school offered. Like in my city one school would have electives more focused on farming while another school might have more focus on technology. Or one might have had a dance team that was more likely to qualify for state level competitions, etc,

You guys are rockstars!

G and I are quite a team.

Unfortunately I’m in the middle of my work day and am about to tied up til late tonight. I will get to it later if G is busy or someone else hasn’t done it yet.

Please see the Colorado thread I created above for reference as that seemed to be an efficient and clear method for an endeavor as such.

It doesn't have to be FB, IG, or Snapchat for teens. My daughter met someone through her X Box live. I intervened when he became violent in calls to her and words over the x box and finally had to have LE intervene in his home state of Washington and my state of Missouri in order to get him to leave her alone. We had a LONG talk about giving out personal information.

Teens today (unfortunately) have way too much freedom online and outside of the home. My children are grown and have children of their own now and I can't imagine having to deal with the monitoring of cell phones and computers. I admire those parents that have a handle on things and can get through to their children. Sadly, some children become attached to these online "predators" and rebel in the worse way against their own parents/family. We all hope for the best here but the reality is female teens turning against parents for the attention of a boy/man is nothing new. LE saying public is not in danger and no definite signs of her being kidnapped, IMO are significant red flags.

Hopefully autopsy results

Hopefully something more than the standard profile they reveal of every UNKOWN perp which is “may have missed work, may have changed appearance, may have changed behavior, may be showing an increased interest (or disinterest) in the case, may have recently cleaned their car, may have increased drug and alcohol usage@ bla bla bla

Last edited:
Police said they heard arguing so this isn't very likely. I'm getting the feeling that the parents died instantly.

I think it was “yelling” and not necessarily arguing. I interpreted that as parents yelling in the distance. If they were shot when the gunshots were heard, it wouldn’t be instantly if it was them yelling. Who knows though

Some random thoughts / responses / observations:

I get the feeling that gunshots loud enough to “wake” the neighbors were likely fired from either outside the home or near an open door. Gunshots inside the home would be considerably muffled.

It seems unlikely that “shot in” means somebody shot the door to break in like in the movies. It doesn’t work like that.

“Caretaker” could mean many things. I’d expect that role to be clarified shortly, no use speculating until that’s known.

I think it’s premature to assume that Jayme was the target or even to eliminate the possibility that she may have been involved in some capacity. Any possibility is still in play until it’s been disproven.

Do you have a link to the interview? If it was me, i would definitely be concerned hearing gunshots after dark, especially after midnight.
It was from WEAU 13, I don't know how to link it, but the post that you replied to is what the neighbor, Joan Smrekar said. She said the second shot was even louder but they didn't think much of it because they were used to hearing gunshots.

LE doesn't have EVIDENCE that Jayme was abducted, so they're not using the word "abducted."

Fitzgerald said at this point they don't have enough evidence to call it an abduction but said he classifies the situation as a missing and endangered child.
Sheriff: Miami tip 'not credible' in search for missing teen

This should tell us something:

"The FBI is here to support the investigation and the community in the safe return of Jayme," Justin Tolomeo, FBI special agent said. " We are providing a number of resources including investigative, technical, tactical, and intelligence as well as agents from our child abduction rapid deployment team."
Sheriff: 200 tips, 30K hits from Amber Alert in Jayme Closs missing teen case

I think that is a dance! FBI in cops in second . They play imo -- since LV I have grown to have little respect for them

In the old days they were an asset -- and should be -- we pay a lot for their training

as everything gets more corrupt it all becomes more complicated

in most cases the 911 calls are out in 5 hours

fbi here

nothing

cod typically released

fbi here nothing

and in the recent climate as true crime folks we have to admit more and more is never released

Rhoden case nothing

Watts nothing

LV nothing

I am confident I am missing many more!~

It will be interesting to see if they give autopsy info

i vote no

that is just the climate right now

CBS Newspath‏ @cbsnewspath
WISC MISSING GIRL- Diaz 1130a PKG WED0131- New details in the case of a missing teenager whose parents were found dead in the family's Wisconsin home. Relatives tell CBS News that the front door to the house was "shot in." 13 year old Jayme Closs is still missing.

DpuM9eZXUAE-4-D.jpg

Hope this is ok to post. I think it is.

I think it was “yelling” and not necessarily arguing. I interpreted that as parents yelling in the distance. If they were shot when the gunshots were heard, it wouldn’t be instantly if it was them yelling. Who knows though

I thought it was described as a “disturbance.” Which could mean “yelling” or “arguing,” but could also mean a ton of other things. moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog