AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s pretty remarkable that LE was at the crime scene 4 minutes after 911 call and perp was already gone with Jayme.

Agreed. The timeline seems off IMO. 29 minutes until a call went in after gunshots were heard? Somewhere they said the call was made from a cell phone in the house, has this been verified or were they assuming that from the beginning. I know it takes some time to pin point exact location a call was made and that was information they released right away. I'm wondering if she didn't make the call from the house and they were on their way out of there before the call was made.

I don't think its likely the killer would take the phone. Four minutes from the time of the call and their arrival is pretty fast. He must have had a car in the driveway, as opposed to the road. I'm surprised the neighbors did not hear a car. Did anyone figure out exactly how close the house is from the road? I wonder if the perp could have gotten her out of the house and to the road in four minutes. They must have just missed them. Jmo
I guess the real question would be what are the estimated times of death of BOTH parents?

Maybe whoever took Jayme didn't travel by car at all; in these woodsy and foresty areas a lot of people ride quads and four-wheelers. Could have been down the railroad tracks in the back of the house as a getaway? MOO

Barron Co Sheriff says autopsies done. Closs parents -- homocide. Believe #JaymeCloss in home at time of murder. Believe 13yo still in damger.

Paul Blume on Twitter

Bbm

how are they thinking its a big breaking detail that the parents died by homicide?

Were any of us pondering two heart attacks at 108 and 109 pm

that is news?

pls give me a break!!

Let‘s think this through:

Supposing they do have a POI. Would they really release the name at a press conference with Jayme still being missing? The perp would have nothing to lose after being named a POI in a double-murder. I can imagine they don’t want him/her to snap? I think it makes more sense getting her picture out without making the POI nervous. JMO, IMHO, MOO, and all that jazz.

this is what makes me lean towards it was one of the parents that called. they say she was there when they were shot, I have not seen where they say she was there when 911 call was made.

IMO, I think one of the parents managed to get over to a phone as they lay dying and called. They could not talk but LE would hear what was happening in the background. Perpetrator sees the phone and either ends the call or runs out with Jayme then.

That's the most optimistic thing yet. If the perpetrator thought the parents were dead so he was taking his time in the house, there's a greater chance for him to have left evidence behind.

It has been 3 days. Evidence from the scene has probably not even been processed. I don't understand why people who have followed true crime for years are ready to say this a cold case before potential DNA can even be run through CODIS?? Give it a week before this thread turns defeatist.

Last edited:
Maybe whoever took Jayme didn't travel by car at all; in these woodsy and foresty areas a lot of people ride quads and four-wheelers. Could have been down the railroad tracks in the back of the house as a getaway? MOO

Interesting that he asked locals to "walk their land" and "check their cabins". Those who think they may be hiding in the area may be onto something!

I like Sheriff Fitzgerald's no-nonsense attitude. He was very adamant that the media leave <modsnip - full name> Barron School Superintendant, and her staff alone.

ETA: This seems to be a closely-knit community, in my opinion. Someone saw, or knows, something!

Press Conference Basic Points:
-Parents death ruled homocide
-Jayme was in the home at the time of shooting
-Following up on 400 tips
-LE has added phone lines to receive tips
-State & Federal agencies called in to assist
-Tip Line 855-744-3879
-Community meeting tonight for Barron citizens only, no media
-Tells media to stop bothering the school district with calls
-Asks people to follow on social media, walk their properties, check their cabins
-Does not know if it was a random or targeted attack
-4 minutes from 911 call to arrival at house
-They have been reviewing surveillance
-There were 2 vehicles in the driveway of house upon police arrival (did not state who they belong to)
-No credible sightings of Jayme reported
BBM
This is what I find so strange. Where did JC disappear to in 4 minutes?

In such a small town, LE would have very little ... perhaps ZERO experience with a crime of this sort. Seems we are questioning and expecting a lot of things to be followed up on. What happens in a case like this I know I've seen FBI mentioned. Do they take over? Advise? Time is ticking...

I would think that would be really risky to head that direction though. I would assume they went west of the residence to avoid police.

According to Google Maps, the Barron Police Department sits exactly a 4 minute drive east from the home (we don't know if that's where the deputies left from, but I'm speculating).

It was also mentioned in the presser that there was no one and no vehicles in the "immediate area" when deputies arrived on scene.

Where did she go? Jmo

Perhaps the 911 call was a final call from one of the parents... who managed to say "they" or "he" took Jayme... or something similar.... could have taken 30 minutes to crawl to a phone, or find a phone in the house?

How was 911 able to 100% ping the cell phone to the Closs residence? I didn't think they could be that exact and so exact that they could arrive within 4 minutes. Apologies if there's a detail about the call I missed. How did they know the exact address if nobody spoke on the phone to 911?

The 911 call is said by LE to have come from the Closs residence.
Of course it was probably a cellphone.
I just wonder how dependable the "locators" are in areas like that.
{the ability to trace with high accuracy the pings/towers}
If that even makes any sense.
I got nothing... 4 minutes?
Chi

how are they thinking its a big breaking detail that the parents died by homicide?

Were any of us pondering two heart attacks at 108 and 109 pm

that is news?

pls give me a break!!

to be fair, i think it was supposed to be more of a formality rather than breaking news. Also I would suppose they would say homicide for both so as to rule out a murder/suicide speculation.

(Thank you very much Gardener.)

All four recent cases have threads now:
WI - WI - Klay Burnett, 15, Ashland, 21 July 2018
WI - WI - Heather Johnson, 17, Beldenville, 20 Mar 2018
WI - WI - Kaitlynn Hawkins, 16, Stoughton, 10 Oct 2018
WI - WI - Aaron Morris, 16, White Lake, 20 Apr 2018

I will work on the 40 cold cases more later tonight (I believe most of those have threads).

Wisconsin peeps, as you think about Jayme, please also be on the look out for the missing in the threads above. Some of the above may be runaway teens but they are also missing and need to come home. You can help solve a missing case just by being aware of the people around you and spreading the word on social media.

Let's bring all the missing home and bring Jayme back to her family too.

:)

this is what makes me lean towards it was one of the parents that called. they say she was there when they were shot, I have not seen where they say she was there when 911 call was made.
It is confusing. If it was her phone that made the 911 call, and her phone was missing, then she must have been there at the time. Phone call came from house has been stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow