AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough notes by me, per Sheriff:

It was about less than 4 minutes in arrival time from the end of the 911 call, to when their deputies arrived on scene.

There was no one on site, no vehicles in the immediate area when their deputies arrived on scene.

There were still two vehicles in the yard, he did not know who they belonged to.

Seems as if the perp/s had Jayme and were headed in the opposite direction of where the police cars were coming from, if they didn't see any vehicles?

I was wondering this myself- I know that some WIFI's stay connected a bit of a distance from your router in the house. It is confusing to me that the call ended, police showed up 4 minutes later, and no car was seen on that road by any of the cops while they were on their way to the house? Did the cops all come one way, and the perp drove the opposite direction? I wonder which was the cops came, and if the other direction connected to another road, or does it end?
12th Street is .7 miles to the west.
13th Street is .3 miles to the east.
Either way, less than a minute. ?
MOO

aside from verbally communicating your location, triangulation or tracing of GPS coordinates from your cell phone are the only ways a 911 operator can get the phone's location, correct? Hmm, 4 minutes is pretty darn quick for that IMO.

Some locations are coming online with location data from cells automatically, but what about Barron, WI?

I was wondering this myself- I know that some WIFI's stay connected a bit of a distance from your router in the house. It is confusing to me that the call ended, police showed up 4 minutes later, and no car was seen on that road by any of the cops while they were on their way to the house? Did the cops all come one way, and the perp drove the opposite direction? I wonder which was the cops came, and if the other direction connected to another road, or does it end?
Good thinking.

Going to have to google that map to and from their house again.....

I guess it would be between 12:31 and 1:00, since there is no information about them being taken to the hospital. I just wonder what was occurring between the time of the gunshots and the time of the call. There may have been a huge struggle, and that's when Jayme got a chance to make the call. Or one of the parents. It must have been terrifying. Jmo
would it be too far fetched to say perhaps dad walked in on something in progress? Was mom already deceased? we know he was at work that day but do not w what shift exactly he worked

Ok... say it was one of the dying parents that called 911 & Jayme was already gone. What was the disturbance/yelling that was heard then?
Maybe the perp(s) yelling at the victims to be quiet ?
Assuming one of them (the parents) still showed signs of life ?
This just seems to get darker the more I think about what happened.
:(

That is what I mean about my theory that the person(s) who took Jayme possibly rode a four-wheeler and arrived and left from behind the house. They would maybe not have taken Hwy 8 at all.
How much of a wooded area is behind the house? Can any other road be accessed? Does anyone know how deep the woods go or what they may lead to?

I just finished a Crisis Communications course for my Masters in Homeland Security... and after having watched that presser and now knowing the do’s and dont’s of press conferences, it’s my opinion that they are holding ALL known information close to their vest. I truly believe they know much more than they are letting on. MOO

I am not sure it is even possible in that short amount of time. Also #3 in the below article "If you can't speak, have to hang up or something else that prevents a descriptive conversation, getting help may be dicey. The 9-1-1 center should try to call you back. If you can't or won't answer, help may not come. There are too many 9-1-1 hang ups with generalized locations to merit sending someone out to see why someone called."

So did they call the phone back? They said the call lasted less than a minute.

https://www.quora.com/If-I-call-911...igure-out-where-I-am-without-me-telling-them#
Maybe the 911 call came from the homes landline. I don’t know if LE has ever said it came from a cell. Has an assumption been made or has LE stated it came from a mobile?

Last edited:
Maybe whoever took Jayme didn't travel by car at all; in these woodsy and foresty areas a lot of people ride quads and four-wheelers. Could have been down the railroad tracks in the back of the house as a getaway? MOO
I thought of this as well- even a dirt bike or motorcycle could have sufficed, but that would mean that she went willingly, so I don't know about that. I would have even said horses, but I doubt any farms are missing any horses or they would have reported it. Like you, I am trying to think of anything besides a vehicle or feet that the perp could get her into or onto that they felt comfortable enough that she wouldn't try to fight him or her or try to escape from, and nothing else comes to mind, I am afraid.

In such a small town, LE would have very little ... perhaps ZERO experience with a crime of this sort. Seems we are questioning and expecting a lot of things to be followed up on. What happens in a case like this I know I've seen FBI mentioned. Do they take over? Advise? Time is ticking...

I believe they had a Murder/Suicide last year.

Abe the 911 call came from the homes landline. I don’t know if LE has ever said it came from a cell. Has an assumption been made or has LE stated it came from a mobile?

LE did say it was from a cell phone. I'll check for a link.

ETA one link:

"Police received a mostly inaudible 911 call from the Closs family home around 1 a.m. Monday. When they arrived, they found parents James and Denise Closs dead inside and Jayme gone. The sheriff told CBS News correspondent Adriana Diaz that they've identified whose cell phone the 911 call came from.

"I'm not able to comment on whose phone that is as part of the investigation," Fitzgerald said."

Police trace 911 call after Wisconsin girl goes missing, parents found dead

Maybe the perp(s) yelling at the victims to be quiet ?
Assuming one of them (the parents) still showed signs of life ?
This just seems to get darker the more I think about what happened.
:(
They said initially the only word they could make out was " help." I'm assuming It was in the background since they said the caller did not speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie