AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the time difference would be between...4 minutes from when the call came in...and...4 minutes from the time the system calculated the location of where the cell call came from?
Interesting. In the Quinton Tellis retrial I believe the cellphone triangulation expert for the state of Mississippi "moved" the little icons around on his display.
I understand, but I didn't understand why he would do that.
Sorry for the O/T but I learned a lot (not enough) about pings and towers from watching that.
Chi

I just finished a Crisis Communications course for my Masters in Homeland Security... and after having watched that presser and now knowing the do’s and dont’s of press conferences, it’s my opinion that they are holding ALL known information close to their vest. I truly believe they know much more than they are letting on. MOO

^^^^ this time a zillion. LE knows more.

BBM
This is what I find so strange. Where did JC disappear to in 4 minutes?

it seems like they would have a really tight time line to look for cars on surveillance. i wonder if they could somehow analyze cell phone tower data to see what phone was moving around at that time. I mean normal that would be impossible but given the really tight time line and the relatively rural area ... idk. Just heart broken and praying she is still alive and something will break.

Can somebody explain why it is so important if JC was in the home at the time of her parent's murders or outside etc... JC is still missing as this post is being typed. Inside / outside = still missing.

Jayme being in the home gives LE a very specific timeline of her abduction. If she was heard on the call, and the call came from the home, she was not already 3 states away at 1am.

If LE could not place her in the home then the window for the time of the abduction is much wider. She could have been abducted hours earlier. That changes the timeline of evidence LE needs to review, and would greatly expand the investigative window.

Targeted - vendetta or revenge against the family

This is the only one that makes any sense. My feeling is that it may have been a boyfriend that may have been threatened by the parents. He came back and took care of them and is now on the run with Jayme.
Except the phone is missing.
I thought LE said in an earlier PC that LE had the phone, the call came from ?

From noise on a cellphone, how did LE know what address to go to and arrive in 4 minutes? I know a landline shows the dispatcher the address, but I don’t think cell phones do.
I have my Verizon Wireless phone setup to use Wi-Fi for phone calls. The phone requires you to input your emergency address which will be used by Emergency Services as your location if you make a call to 911 over wi-fi.

Honestly, I think this would be disrespectful to the Sheriff and any poster on here that is local to expect them to give a play by play at what is supposed to be a "closed to the media" gathering. There's a reason why this Sheriff wants it for the town folk only.
Of course, we know the media will be hanging around and talking to people that attended the Town Hall.

Interesting. In the Quinton Tellis retrial I believe the cellphone triangulation expert for the state of Mississippi "moved" the little icons around on his display.
I understand, but I didn't understand why he would do that.
Sorry for the O/T but I learned a lot (not enough) about pings and towers from watching that.
Chi
Has anybody triangulated it?

aside from verbally communicating your location, triangulation or tracing of GPS coordinates from your cell phone are the only ways a 911 operator can get the phone's location, correct? Hmm, 4 minutes is pretty darn quick for that IMO.

Some locations are coming online with location data from cells automatically, but what about Barron, WI?

If you have Verizon and you enable WiFi calling, you have to provide them with an address that you want them to send to 911 if you ever dial 911. I'm not sure if other carriers require that, but Verizon does. I'll upload a screenshot from my iphone in a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong