AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
New GPS smartphones do show location within a few meters. That’s from a dispatcher in MD. I don’t know if that county has enhanced systems.

When I call someone’s land line from my cell phone , the caller ID gives my full name. Maybe they just looked at the name and sent police to the phone owner’s house?

Edit: should note that I have AT&T

Last edited:
I'm not sure just my opinion they are mentioning this only for the fact people are going to see extra police presence somewhere and they want to put the rumor squad to rest before it takes off.
If I understand the clarification by the Sheriff's department in the comments, the media showed up on scene when they were making an unrelated arrest.

I had a bunch of multi quote replies selected and they are gone :(. Trying to remember the points I planned to make...

1) I thought of something horrible. What if she was raped at the house, possibly by more than one perp, and they took her to hide their DNA? In that instance, I would hope they would be doing grid searches, because I don’t think that would turn out with a good ending

2) if police didn’t see any cars on the way to their house, I would think the opposite direction would be the path taken. Have we checked a map for convenience stores or gas stations, or any other business that would be likely to have cameras?

I had a bunch of multi quote replies selected and they are gone :(. Trying to remember the points I planned to make...

1) I thought of something horrible. What if she was raped at the house, possibly by more than one perp, and they took her to hide their DNA? In that instance, I would hope they would be doing grid searches, because I don’t think that would turn out with a good ending

2) if police didn’t see any cars on the way to their house, I would think the opposite direction would be the path taken. Have we checked a map for convenience stores or gas stations, or any other business that would be likely to have cameras?

Click on "insert quotes" at the bottom of the quick reply box and it will put the quotes in there. :)

You can link to the page and discuss what is officially posted by the Sheriff's department but not any comments in the posts. In some cases we're allowed to say "look at the comments under such and such post" or "look at a comment by (initials)" but seriously, 99.99% of comments from FB users are false anyway. IMO there are no FB "insiders" that have information that even LE doesn't have.

ETA: If you meant School District I'd leave that alone for now. The sheriff was very clear in today's presser to leave them alone so there's no point in focusing on their FB for now. JMO.

Thank you I just wanted clarification One thing I really appreciate with the FB Page the Barron County Sherriff Dept has set up is they took the time to verify it.

Too often there are fake news pages going up and fake police department pages (yes I have found 1 within the last 6 months.) If it doesnt have a check mark and verified through FB I dont take anything seriously.

BBM above.
I agree with you, Chi. Too many times we have later learned a perpetrator(s) re-visited the area around the scene, attended memorial services or made a statement to the media.

My first thought when the sheriff announced the town hall meeting was if they think it may be possible the perpetrator(s) will attend. I have no doubt law enforcement will be paying close attention to the attendees.

You would think that if this was someone who knew them, then it was someone who was watching them closely. It would then follow that it is someone who lives in close proximity. Perhaps right under their nose or at least within 10 miles or so of the Closs home. She may still be alive in a basement, garage, outbuilding, etc.

Jayme's grandfather (mother's dad) said she was at the afternoon birthday party of her cousin...presumably she left with her mother and dad was still at work. I would think that she had a cell phone and called at least one friend that evening that could verify that she was still alive after the party. LE is saying they arrived 4 minutes after the 911 call...but I haven't seen a time between when the gunshots were heard and when the 911 call was made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruu