AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total speculation here....

What if the perp was already in the house and the father discovers him and kicks him out (perhaps the perp was there to see Jayme). The perp returns to the house, but the father was standing guard at the door. The perp shoots from the yard.

Thinking aloud, not facts. jmo, subject to change.
This is an idea I had as well. A boy enters Jayme's room through the window. The husband scares him off and threatens to call the police for raping an underage girl. The man returns, knocks on the door and shoots the husband when he answers. The glass on the door was not broken. He did not shoot through the door, he definitely opened it, then shot.

‘The Wisconsin Dept. of Justice says its Office of School Safety plans to send a team of counselors to the school by the end of the week. In addition, a therapist and a school resource officer with a therapy dog from the Wausau Police Dept. are going to the schools in northwestern Wisconsin.

Barron School District staff and counselors will also be receiving training on how to deal with the situation.’

Therapists, therapy dog being sent to Barron in wake of Closs murders, disappearance

Since the gunshots were heard some time before the 911 call was made, maybe Jayme dialed 911 on their way out, the perp knowing how long it would take LE to get there. It seems the mom and dad were shot maybe up to 1/2 prior to the 911 call so what was going on at the home until the call was made? Was the perp not concerned about the neighbors hearing the gunshots earlier and possibly calling the police? Maybe the neighbors memory of timing for hearing the gunshots is off.
Except neighbors were quoted as being awake, hearing the shots and looking at the clock. They gave specific time 0f 12:31 instead of an estimate of around 12:30. Sounds believable in this case.

Good morning, WS. I have a long way to catch up, so I wanted to mention this before I forget. There is one case that I remember that resembles this one with murder plus kidnapping, and there was a show about it on ID years ago. The murderer was Matthew Hoffman, a crazy neighbor, in Ohio. He was obsessed with trees, and his 13 year old neighbor girl. In November 2010, he murdered the mom, Tina Herrmann 32, her son Kody Maynard 11, and her friend Stephanie Sprang 41, and hid their bodies in a hollow tree in the woods. The family home was a bloodbath. He kidnapped Herrmann's 13 year old daughter and held her for rape for 4 days, bound and gagged in a basement. She survived.

Matthew Hoffman | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

If the father opened the storm door and was standing in front of the (opened) wooden door, and he was shot from the front, the bullets may have gone through him to the door damaging the door. To untrained family members, a door with bullets may have been considered "shot in" even though it was opened at the time.
And would leave blood stains on the glass storm door. imo

How recent was JC’s school transfer from Cameron to Barron? Was it this academic year? Theoretically they would have to work with two different schools/school districts to get a complete picture of her history. So that might be why he worded it that way. Imo.
There was a whole long discussion about the school changes due to the caregivers' move - check thread #3 but I believe both middle schools were within the same district. I just found that choice of words unusual. IMO

If I think about Jayme leaving the house barefooted and in her pj's, I feel one way.....But if I think about her leaving in a coat and boots, I feel differently.....<modsnip. - not victim friendly >. I hope LE has had a close friend look in her room and indicate if she might have anything with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
hm. maybe the perp(s) went around the house destroying devices (pc's, laptops, phones) anything to erase a digital footprint if there IS an online component to this? would account for the "noise" on the 911 call and time spent before the call.

thoughts?

I have been reading and following this case from the beginning and the one thing that seems to stump me is the time of the gun shots. Does any one else think it is possible that with the wife have being asleep when she heard them and looked at the clock that it could have been 12:51 instead of 12:31? Unfocused, sleepy eyes could mistake the 3 and the 5. That would make more sense to me then the perp being in the home for 30 minutes.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, sadlilworld! :)

Except neighbors were quoted as being awake, hearing the shots and looking at the clock. They gave specific time 0f 12:31 instead of an estimate of around 12:30. Sounds believable in this case.
I wonder what the heck was going on for nearly 1/2 hour then. Plus why wouldn't the perp(s) be concerned about LE being called from neighbors hearing gunshots in the middle of the night?

I thought her photo was on the father's website from work, egads. Another thing that really bothers me is that they were fairly reclusive, and that means to me they should have found everything they needed to know about Jayme by now. And yet she is still unaccounted for.
From an investigative standpoint, this doesn't make any sense. From the dance studio angle, I grew up dancing and we eventually had to hang curtains so men wouldn't stand outside masturbating. It was a disturbing issue, and sometimes they came in to ask questions of my dance teacher but they were looking at us.
I'd also like to know who here closest friends were, where are they and why are her dancing friends silent? For me; the dancing community was a tight-knit one. We knew everything about each other. There are many avenues to explore in this case, and someone knows something. A small tidbit could break this case wide open.
It is the not knowing when a child goes missing that can tear your heart out.

I am sorry that you and your dancing friends had to endure that.

:) Welcome to Websleuths, sadlilworld! :)
I think that’s a totally possible scenario. Lord only knows how loopy I can be when im between waking and dreaming sometimes. I would think it would be possible considering your brain is trying to rationalize a sound like a gunshot as being something else.
I do believe (MOO) that (delay in gunshots)it may account for the theory of the perpetrator/perpetrators restraints of someone, then a final shot before leaving. The perp (s) May not have wanted to have to kill the last victim, but would ultimately decide it was necessary to leave with the child & cover their identity.

If I think about Jayme leaving the house barefooted and in her pj's, I feel one way.....But if I think about her leaving in a coat and boots, I feel differently.....<modsnip - not victim friendly >. I hope LE has had a close friend look in her room and indicate if she might have anything with her.
I suppose these things could have been taken when she was taken. If anything is missing it doesn't necessarily mean she packed it and was waiting there for someone. Just more to ponder for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember very clearly when my daughter was this age. That was before cell phones, but I had to restrict her phone usage. JC and DC appeared to be very involved in all aspects of their "just turned 13" year old daughter. I would not have allowed her to have her cell phone in her room after her bedtime. This leads me to believe that DC may have had the cell phone during the night (or it was outside of Jayme's room). If DC had the phone, it may have been she who placed the 911 call as she was succumbing to her wounds. LE may have located the phone under or near her. But, they may have also been able to hear Jayme's screams or cries in the background before she fell on it.

We do know that 4 minutes from the time that call was made, LE was there. So, making that call was one of the (if not THE) last things done by either Jayme, DC or JC while the perpetrator was there and before bolting out the door. MOO
Hi. My first post. This was a rural area, correct? How did the police arrive in 4 minutes? I'm also wondering how Jayme could not be located within the immediate area if she made the 911 call, she only had a 4 minute time span to disappear into thin air? The police confirmed that the 911 call came from the residence. The police also have possession of the phone but have not stated where they recovered it from. I'd like to know when the police actually started their search for Jayme and/or the perp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member