AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Google Maps
    (above from the media links page which has a lot of information about this case)
    I think those are basement windows and it looks a bit like the house may be on an incline - walk out basement perhaps and an entry point potentially if so? Will hunt for a rear view of the house.
    upload_2018-10-18_12-9-38.png

2. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

LE said they heard yelling in the background of the 911 call. I think they either heard Jayme yelling or they heard someone saying/yelling Jayme's name.

They seem very certain she was there so I don't think they know from piecing together clues but from something more direction - like hearing her or hearing her name.

Speculation on my part.

jmo

3. human

human Well-Known Member

If you look at the pics, you can see the windows for the basement. There is also a tuck under garage so there is a door from the basement to the garage.

4. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

Somebody killed two people in that house. Pretty safe to say there is a perp.

5. Slowmotion

Slowmotion Former Member

Maybe not with a 9mm but I could see a 12 gauge blow a hole right through that door

6. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Random thoughts III...

What time did Mom and Jayme return from the family gathering?
    What time did Dad get home from work?
    What was their typical evening routine?
    Did Jayme have a regular bedtime?
    What time did Mom and Dad go to bed that night, if they did?
    Did they usually lock their doors?
    How can we obtain a floor plan of the home?
    Could Jayme have hidden in the basement?
    Is there a utility room or washer/dryer in the basement?
    Would Jayme have fit in a clothes dryer?

libraryg, Jethro4WS, compass and 13 others like this.
  7. FamousWasabi

FamousWasabi Member

Have we verified how long from the two gunshots to the 911 call again? Trying to sift through all of this information is a bit difficult.

The killer/killers shot James and Denise Closs, but was this the intention of the killer/kidnapper? If the perp just wanted Jayme, it seems like there would be better times to kidnap the child then at 12:30 in the morning in a house with her parents around. And this being a bit of a rural setting, if I were the perp, I would plan on the family having some kind of firearm for self-defense. That sounds like a lot to contend with, and James looked like a fairly thick guy who could possibly handle himself. He's at least big enough to be a threat. That's a lot to contend with if the perps main purpose was to abduct Jayme. Why not just follow her until she's alone? It's bound to happen. Or, if he's not a local, perhaps the town was too small to blend in long enough to stalk her without arousing suspicion? If it's a local, I imagine it's someone who worked near or around Jayme, or at least someone who would be within eye sight of Jayme long enough to build some kind of fantasy surrounding the girl. If it's over Jayme at all, the perp must have interacted or seen her very recently.

It's also confusing because it seems like a disorganized homicide. It's not well thought out to shoot two people and attract that amount of attention and noise to a crime. Even in a rural place, a gunshot sound can travel, and while most country people might find it somewhat benign, someone still might hear and make a courtesy call. Any attention is bad for the perp. He would want all the time he could get to take Jayme and transport her to wherever he planned to take her. So, why commit this seemingly disorganized murder, but have a seemingly organized plan on how to contend with law enforcement after the fact? That doesn't add up for me.

I guess one, he could've been caught in the act while entering the home? I don't understand how the perp thought he could make it to the girls room and take her out of there without making enough noise to wake anyone. She could be kicking and struggling horribly, this is bound to make noise.

Sorry, I just typed out this incoherent mess. It's a horrific but interesting case, I really hope the girl can be brought home safely.

Jethro4WS, crhedBngr, cody22 and 13 others like this.
  8. gef the mongoose

gef the mongoose pronounced jeff, btw

One shudders to think.

9. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Were Mom and Jayme alone when they returned from the Sunday birthday party that afternoon??

Our middle school bedtime was 10pm. lights out - no phones. and no tv's or computers in the rooms either.

Jethro4WS, cody22, Stragnet and 5 others like this.
  10. PommyMommy

Jayme grew up in that house and she is small. Did she play hide and seek growing up as most children do? If so, she likely had some good hiding spots. Was she able to get to one, and could that account for some of the time between the shots and the 911 call?
    MOO

11. doublestop

doublestop Well-Known Member

In the photos on the painters' site, there does appear to be a basement window.

Jethro4WS, human and Baydreamer like this.
  12. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

where was this mentioned? i wasn't able to watch the PC yesterday. Not challenging you, I'm just curious because every article I've read has said that at least Joan was woken up by the shot.

13. cheko1

cheko1 Well-Known Member

Am sure the FBI & Sheriff's Dept has contacted the gun shops & pawn shops in the area.

Jethro4WS, Gardener1850 and human like this.
  14. Slowmotion

Slowmotion Former Member

Pa
    Pawnshops sell firearms ?

15. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this is known...I'm still catching up.

We do know what time the father arrived home from work?

Could the perp have been in the house to see the mom/daughter that the father didn't expect to see??? I don't mean an invited guest, but rather that the perp was in the house already - not someone who arrived at the time of the gunshots.

jmo

Jethro4WS, cody22, Stragnet and 5 others like this.
  16. FamousWasabi

FamousWasabi Member

In the film 'Trading Places' with Dan Akroyd and Eddie Murphy, Dan Akroyd's character "Louis" buys a .45 from a pawn shop. Therefore, you can buy a gun at a pawn shop.

jjevans, adot0902, Jethro4WS and 5 others like this.
  17. JBeezy

JBeezy Active Member

You can search the fathers name on Google and get the address -- I haven't been here long enough to know if it's kosher to post it.

Jethro4WS, Auntie Cipation and human like this.
  18. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

BBM - Adding info to our timeline.

Neighbors reported hearing two shots at 12:31 and the call was received at 12:53.

Sheriff: Jayme Closs's parents victims of homicide; no gun found

JDough, Jethro4WS, cody22 and 7 others like this.
  19. Slowmotion

Slowmotion Former Member

Careful. Some people could consider this snarky...

adot0902, Jethro4WS and Inthedetails like this.
  20. PommyMommy

Good morning, Inthedetails. I don't think we know when the father arrived home. We definitely don't know if the perp(s) was/were in the house. MOO

Jethro4WS, compass, cody22 and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.