AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christineisfab

Christineisfab Well-Known Member

IMHO this looks like a split level to me

2. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Well-Known Member

To breech an exterior door with a shotgun you need to blast apart the door jam and will be something very visible even in the limited pics we’ve seen.

3. Slowmotion

Slowmotion Former Member

I was not getting on you. I found it funny but others might not which is why I said something. I only asked because In Delaware I’ve never seen them in pawn shops

Jethro4WS and Mandie K like this.
  4. andreww

andreww Former Member

Yes it looks like the garage is under the house and possibly a small room at the other end.

[​IMG]

Jethro4WS, TLobo, cody22 and 4 others like this.
  5. Mdcastle

Mdcastle Member

As far as the questions about if houses have basements:

Unless you know otherwise, the answer is yes. 99% of houses have basements up here. We don't have the same issues with high water tables that say Florida does. Meanwhile you need to dig down 6 feet or so in order to put foundations below the frost line. Not too much extra expense to dig down a few more feet and put a basement in. Basements vary from dingy cellars with concrete walls and floors where you have to duck under pipes, and only use to go down to do your laundry and store your stuff, to fully finished living spaces depending on the age and price level of the house and the initiative of the owners.

6. Slowmotion

Slowmotion Former Member

I was just replying about it’s possible to breach a front door with a shotgun. I personally didn’t see the door pictures but I’ll take the word for it

Jethro4WS and kkdj like this.
  7. res6jya6

res6jya6 Member

Also, Barron County property info is available at barroncowi.wgextreme.com Jame's parcel ID: 006-3000-08-000 for anyone looking for it.

8. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Well-Known Member

You’ve done this? Wow. Makes me wonder why I wasted so much time training with battering rams.

9. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Yes, I mean the "walk-in" basement would be considered the basement. At least that is what I would call it, having grown up in the upper Midwest myself. I think the basement was likely accessed through the garage as well as by a stairway, probably in the kitchen. I don't think there is a level under the basement - that would be unusual.

Looks like the house has a ground floor (accessed by the front door) and then a level under it, called, imo, a basement.

:)

enchilada, Jethro4WS, cody22 and 9 others like this.
  10. Le Singe

Le Singe Well-Known Member

Agree I saw it on the door in a video yesterday about 2.5-3’ tall.

Jethro4WS, human and PommyMommy like this.
  11. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

I saw a few people mentioning similarities between this and the 2005 case of Shasta and Dylan Groene. I agree, plus also the 1999 case of Ashley Freeman and Lauria Bible. The Groene children were taken to neighboring state Montana, and although I don't believe it's been confirmed, a number of witnesses have said that the perps in Ashley and Lauria's case may have taken them to another part of OK. I'm thinking there's a good possibility that Jayme is NOT still in the vicinity of Barron. I'm in Minnesota, so I am definitely on alert. She of course could be anywhere, but southern WI, southeastern MN, northeastern IA, northern IL are particular areas to pay attention to IMO. It's great that her case is nationwide but my fellow Midwesterners need to be on particularly high alert and pay close attention!

Aqua, libraryg, Jethro4WS and 11 others like this.
  12. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

Commonly referred to as a "daylight basement" in some areas.

13. cheko1

cheko1 Well-Known Member

Guns in Wisconsin can be bought at Gun Shows. The sellers must have a legal license to sell. They can be bo0ught at pawn shops too. Once again they have to have a license to sell & anyone buying them must not have any convictions.

Jethro4WS, human and kkdj like this.
  14. Memphis Bluez

Memphis Bluez Active Member

Yelling. Not screaming, but yelling.

Wild Rose, Jethro4WS, cody22 and 6 others like this.
  15. Memphis Bluez

Memphis Bluez Active Member

Thanks that answers that question.

16. bizzle2

bizzle2 Well-Known Member

LE did say no guns were found in the house. We can't say with 100% certainty that anyone in the family owned guns, but we know Mr. Closs was a hunter. So there is a pretty good chance Mr. Closs owned at least one firearm for hunting. Perhaps the perp was ransacking the house during those 22 minutes, and found Mr. Closs' gun. If the gun was in a safe or otherwise locked away it may have taken some time.

Jethro4WS, cody22, Stragnet and 3 others like this.
  17. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

My guess is that the bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, and living room are on the main floor.

Underneath (the basement) is the garage, possibly a small bathroom, laundry area and another room (rec room, workroom, bedroom, etc.).

I don't think it's a split-level with bedrooms upstairs and living area down.

The family likely went in the house quite often through the garage after parking the car there. My guess is they entered the basement and then took the stairs which would bring them to the kitchen/living room.

But, I'm just guessing.

jmo

Jethro4WS, crhedBngr, cody22 and 5 others like this.
  18. andreww

andreww Former Member

Odd that the police chief would say he was 100% certain that Jayme was still alive.

19. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  20. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Good point. Imo screaming would be out of fear, yelling would be anger or control.

Jethro4WS, compass, cody22 and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.