AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: No wonder they issued that disclaimer on the Sheriff's fb page about there being an unrelated arrest. With it being only 1/2 mile away, all of social media would be losing their minds if nothing had been said. It appears one of Jayme's neighbors had some secret that came tumbling out during the investigation to find Jayme. At least some good is coming of this-- although we don't know what the crime was yet, a crime may have been solved and a criminal may have been caught due to the search for Jayme.
Weird that the FBI was involved if it was unrelated. My guess is they thought it was related, but turned into a nothing.

FBI agents and local investigators executed a search warrant Wednesday at a property just a half a mile west of the Closs home along Highway 8. One woman was taken away in handcuffs. It is still unclear why they were there, but Sheriff Fitzgerald says this was all unrelated to the search for Jayme.

FBI involved in executing a search warrant in a town of 3000 a few days after a double-homicide and abduction and they say it's unrelated ? okay. JMO, but possible it's LE shaking the trees by busting a local dealer and trying to pump em for info.

Weird that the FBI was involved if it was unrelated. My guess is they thought it was related, but turned into a nothing.
Interviews with others might expose other unsolved crimes imo, especially in a town where people are frightened. People might talk to police about things they know, under these circumstances.

:eek: No wonder they issued that disclaimer on the Sheriff's fb page about there being an unrelated arrest. With it being only 1/2 mile away, all of social media would be losing their minds if nothing had been said. It appears one of Jayme's neighbors had some secret that came tumbling out during the investigation to find Jayme. At least some good is coming of this-- although we don't know what the crime was yet, a crime may have been solved and a criminal may have been caught due to the search for Jayme.

Yes, and a smart move. Communication is key, and seems the Sheriff has earned the respect of many to listen to his words. Last thing the department needs is another distraction, IMO. By putting it out there loud and clear that this separate incident is unrelated, resources and the public can be focused on what matters most: finding JC and bringing her home safe. Jmo

I live about an hour from Barron —- the meth problem around Barron, Washburn, Sawyer counties is positively alarming.

Local scanner page includes numerous OD responses a week.

I bring this up because someone mentioned that the BCSD didn’t “have much else to do” other than investigate Jayme’s case. Also:

The rumor mill is flying up this way... Spooner police (30 minutes north of Barron) recently arrested and prosecuted a couple for sex trafficking, which makes a lot of people question the validity of the sheriff saying the public is safe.
Google DrydenWire - it should be in recent news.

<modsnip - rumor >

Even being an hour away, people are on edge in my town.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the FBI was probably questioning everyone about Jayme and this person made the mistake of lying about something small to try to hide their unrelated crime. The FBI could discover a lie quickly and then they would be re-interviewing the person as suspicious. If it's a crime that is significantly less serious than double homicide and kidnapping (and I believe most crimes in this area would be less serious) then the person would be a fool to not admit to their crime to take the heat off of themselves. JMO.

IMO it could be an unrelated federal crime like possession of child *advertiser censored* or something like that where the FBI would be involved even if it was unrelated.

The FBI could also have been helping search in connection with Jayme's disappearance and once something serious but unrelated was discovered, they continued their help to arrest and prosecute whatever crime this is. They may have wanted to be there in case something related to Jayme came up during the further investigation. I doubt they would just drop what they were doing and say "welp, this is a state issue, I'm going to go get a coffee while you wrap this up."

Poor Jayme is in such a dangerous situation now. She saw what he[they] did to her folks. And she knows how dire their situation is. There is no way out and they both know it...
I don't think they are far from the home as it would be really difficult to get very far with LE's quick response. They're going to need more food and shelter. I wonder if someone is harboring them.

I don't think they are far from the home as it would be really difficult to get very far with LE's quick response. They're going to need more food and shelter. I wonder if someone is harboring them.
To further this post by me, if someone is harboring them, what would be the relationship between Jayme and this person(s), along with the killer/abductor? This seems to me like it could become a stockholm syndrome situation as Jayme would need to go into survival mode. This is the first I've considered this.

Last edited:
To further this post by me, if someone is harboring them, what would be the relationship between Jayme and this person(s), along with the killer/abductor. This seems to me like it could become a stockholm syndrome situation as Jayme would need to go into survival mode. This is the first I've considered this.
I can’t imagine her mental state, that is of course, if she is still alive.

Both of her parents are dead at the hands of this perpetrator (assuming he is a lone one), and she would likely be despondent.

I do have a feeling that a break is forthcoming. It’s hard to commit a crime like this and leave absolutely no trail.

With the passage of time, data can be analyzed, forensics can be analyzed, and surveillance footage can be watched.

We’re in the dark right now, but (hopefully) we’ll have some information soon.

I can’t imagine her mental state, that is of course, if she is still alive.

Both of her parents are dead at the hands of this perpetrator (assuming he is a lone one), and she would likely be despondent.

I do have a feeling that a break is forthcoming. It’s hard to commit a crime like this and leave absolutely no trail.

With the passage of time, data can be analyzed, forensics can be analyzed, and surveillance footage can be watched.

We’re in the dark right now, but (hopefully) we’ll have some information soon.
Yes, I would imagine despondency could very well be what she is experiencing. It's so hard to put ourselves in her shoes. I hope she's alive and if so that whoever has her keeps her alive.

Unless he had this well planned (which he may have, given there are no leads...that we know of). He may have had a place all ready for her with provisions. I do think they are close though.

Unless he had this well planned (which he may have, given there are no leads...that we know of). He may have had a place all ready for her with provisions. I do think they are close though.

Makes the question of whether the door was blasted open significant. Shooting your way into an abode sounds like a jonesin' junkie or drunk-with-rage hunter or disgruntled boyfriend--of either female in the home, or maybe a gf of the male (a female perp would be less likely to kill a kid?) In any case, shooting your way in suggests it was a relatively spur of the moment/not the best planned event. But we don't know for sure if the door was blasted open with a gun or what.

This is my first post on Websleuths. IMO Jayme strikes me as being a down-to-earth young teen who is, as family said, quiet. She does not seem to me to be the type who is into the boyfriend scene yet, and it seems to me she is an unwilling participant in whatever transpired at her home that terrible night and afterwards. It is quite perplexing and hopefully her life will be spared by whoever brought violence upon her parents. I think this is more about a 'beef' with the parents and that Jayme was dragged into this whole thing. I haven't seen any other cases where an obsessive stalker first killed the parents of his target, and there sure would be easier ways to abduct a young girl without bringing her parents into the mix.

Makes the question of whether the door was blasted open significant. Shooting your way into an abode sounds like a jonesin' junkie or drunk-with-rage hunter or disgruntled boyfriend--of either female in the home, or maybe a gf of the male (a female perp would be less likely to kill a kid?) In any case, shooting your way in suggests it was a relatively spur of the moment/not the best planned event. But we don't know for sure if the door was blasted open with a gun or what.
Agreed.

I do think that if he kicked in the door, or if he shot the husband immediately as he opened the door, it would give the appearance of the perpetrator “shooting the door in.” So I’m a bit leery of that scenario.

Whatever method this guy used to make entry, tells us a lot about this crime, and the type of person who may have committed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member