AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to know if both parents were killed by the same gun.

I noticed in the PC he said “gun” as in singular, but also admitted he didnt know the autopsy results. At that time ballistics would not have been complete, considering the bullets were likely just extracted. Just noting he said “gun”. I was asking myself why didn’t he say no “guns” were in the house, as the family could have had more than one firearm?

Last edited:
I would expect the meet up location will have security cameras.
I wonder if the perp will show up to help with the search.
I doubt it. I think the last thing he’d want to do is draw attention to himself. He’s lucky he was able to escape the scene in the first place, and hopefully, he still has Jayme.

He’s murdered two people so far, and right now everyone is searching for a faceless monster.

He’d probably like to keep it that way.

Press Release

October 18, 2018

Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald would like to thank the community for their continued support and all of the tips we have received in the case of missing & endangered 13 year old Jayme Closs of Barron, Wisconsin.

At this time, we are requesting the public’s assistance in conducting a routine search for articles of evidentiary value that may be related to the incident.

One hundred volunteers are needed and should report to the intersection of State Highway 8 and 16th Street at 2:00 p.m. in the City of Barron. Barron County officials will be there to greet you.

Volunteers need to present a valid form of photo identification and be able to walk on uneven terrain. Proper footwear (hard soled shoes) and clothing are required. Volunteers are asked to provide their own water.

Once we have 100 able-bodied volunteers, we will need to turn additional people away. Please continue to monitor our social media accounts, should we need additional volunteers in the future we will make those requests via social media.

Please do not call in we only need 100 people

Barron County Sheriff's Department

Interesting. I wonder where they are searching with only 100 volunteers and what they hope to find? Hmmmm.....

Imo they’re probably giving the public something more to do. They are not going to send civilians into an area of interest without doing their own search first so as to not contaminate evidence, moo. etc.
i do wonder why they are calling on civilians. they have 150+ (i've seen upwards of 200) agents on the case. surely some are probably doing more of the 'desk' work like analyzing tips, social media, digital stuff, etc. but certainly they could call upon a good chunk of those 150-200 to get out there on foot. why ask residents/civilians?

I think if I heard shots fired in the middle of the night, I would be up looking out my window or something
Worst thing you could do, EVER. Never ever peek outside a window or a window on the door. Stay as far away as possible, and if you think it is a harmful situation, turn all of your lights off (hubby taught us how to turn off the breaker without standing up in our home) and call 911 immediately.

I doubt it. I think the last thing he’d want to do is draw attention to himself. He’s lucky he was able to escape the scene in the first place, and hopefully, he still has Jayme.

He’s murdered two people so far, and right now everyone is searching for a faceless monster.

He’d probably like to keep it that way.
This seems logical but sometimes the perps do help in the searches.

I noticed in the PC he said “gun” as in singular, but also admitted he didnt know the autopsy results. At this time ballistics would not be complete. Just notif he said “gun”. I was asking myself why didn’t he say no “guns” were in the house, as the family could have had more than one firearm?
I don't know if the dad had gun(s) in the house, but it wouldn't surprise me. Here's another scenario: the father and the perp have a confrontation in the house (I keep thinking that the dad came home from work and discovered the perp in the house). Maybe the dad grabs his own gun to get rid of the perp, but the perps takes it away from him? Then uses the gun and takes it with him when he flees?

Now that I think about that, I don't think that works because if there were a struggle or confrontation before the gunshots, I think the mom would've called 911.

Awaiting news from today's searches....hope there will be news!

jmo

They might be searching for a body...or, perhaps the suspects didn't want to kill a kid or just took her as a hostage until they could get away and just left her tied up somewhere.

Ok -- here's what I think happened.

I think Jayme was the target. We know that she attended the gathering with her mother and that her father was not there because he was at work. I think someone either knew that the father wasn't at the the family gather or some coworker or someone knew the father was working Sunday evening and thought the father would be out of the house and therefore an opportune moment.

Perp kicks in the front door and father goes out to confront the guy only to be shot immediately. Meanwhile someone in the house mother perhaps attempted to contact 911 but was intercepted by the perp and shot. Hence why she was located in a different part of the house. Perp grabs Jayme and leaves with her before police can arrive.

He loses me here. Can I call and volunteer, being an able-bodied Wisconsonian?

I think they want people to actually show up to see if help is still needed. No one is going to be monitoring the phones and telling callers if they have enough volunteers or not. If you're able to help just go there and if they have enough people they will let you know then and there. JMO.

If the door was indeed shot in, then both the husband and the wife would have had to answer it, as the neighbor said that the two shots were one after another. It would be odd for both parents to answer the door, unless their daughter was out late that night.
I’ve wondered about that... if Jayme and Person or Persons unknown were to get to the home at 11:30ish it would make sense that one or both parents would meet her (or them) at the door and it wouldn’t be pretty. That’s exactly how it would go down if my 13 year old came home that late on a school night.

So many things flying through my head right now. It would be terrible if this was drug related and they had the wrong address. Something like that happened near me a few years ago and a child was killed. Also, I'm wondering why they didn't do a grid search in the local area before now...this is actually haunting me. I know LE has more info than I do and I need to trust them, but my head is spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member