AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #4

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

I think what LE meant there was no weapon found inside of the home that would match the gunshot wounds of both victims.

LE is very good at looking at the gunshot wounds and knowing the possible caliber of guns that would have made those particular entrance wounds.

Plus the ME would come to the scene and tell them the type of caliber to be looking for.

They know the caliber and imo it was not one owned by her dad. They will know if they find one tossed it belongs to the killer. Imo

I highly doubt he tossed it though. He thinks he may need it in the future.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  2. SeekingJana

SeekingJana Well-Known Member

deleted

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  3. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

4. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

Hi everyone, this thread will close in about 10 minutes. Start packing up your thoughts and get ready to move to a new thread shortly.

5. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Okay. But logically, we have to assume that this is an intruder. So how does an intruder get into your home at 12:30 in the morning ? Just knock ? I mean, yes, thats possible, but we have relatives who say the door was shot in, we have photos of damage to the front door and that scenario makes the most sense, so why look for other scenarios ? Occam's razor.

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Thats a good point about the gun. Maybe it was a revolver? They are very loud and do not leave shell casings, I believe. That's why they are often used in murders. Jmo

7. kspoon45

kspoon45 Well-Known Member

Has it been confirmed that the father passed away specifically by the front door? Is it possible that it was another doorway in the house? From the photos, it looks like there may have been a back entrance, too.

Are there any details about how Jayme left the family event earlier that night? Was she with her mother?

Is it possible Jayme was out earlier and her parents were awake waiting for her - especially if they were both found in the same room? Maybe she showed up later than expected with someone not welcomed and their late arrival somehow precipitated the violence. If it was definitely the front door where her father was found, maybe he had gotten up to greet her and instead, was shot. A scenario like this (where Jayme wasn't in the house prior to the shootings) makes sense to me - only because that time gap in b/w the shots and the 911 call is so lengthy. 20 minutes is a long time to spend at a crime scene for no reason.

8. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I agree, I've said it a couple of times that I feel that a female is involved in this somehow. So, you're not alone in your thinking.

9. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

Does anyone else notice numerical repetition in this case? Sheriff: "100%. 100%..." JC weighs 100 pounds. LE requested exactly 100 volunteers. Is it a signal?

10. TCIntriguedIN30

TCIntriguedIN30 Well-Known Member

11. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

12. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

But Mike Martin, a former homicide investigator for the Minneapolis Police Department, suspects Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald and others know more than they're letting on.

"I've been very impressed with how they've been able to keep information close to the vest in this case," Martin said. "I guarantee you they know things they haven't released."

Martin has no direct connection to the case, but he has been following developments. He said investigators in Barron County may begin to become more candid, especially as more and more time passes.

"The longer it goes on without Jayme being located, the more pressure there is to release other information that may be helpful in spurring the memories of people in the community," he said.

Martin said it's likely investigators are scouring the family's cell phone records and computers, trying to glean any information that could be helpful. He believes detectives are looking for digital evidence away from the Closs home as well.
    Former Minneapolis Homicide Investigator Offers Insight Into Search for Barron County Teen

Members of Jayme’s search party have been using drones and infrared to search Barron County and other surrounding areas, but there’s been no sign of her.

“We have searched the immediate area around the home several times,” Fitzgerald said. “But there’s been no other search of any area because we haven’t had any confirmed sightings.”
    https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/missing-girl-was-home-when-parents-were-killed-cops/

13. Mountain_Kat

Weird...I was just looking at those tracks on google street view. There's also some kind of radio or cell phone tower down there.

14. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

15. HelloThere

HelloThere Well-Known Member

My thoughts: the parents were already dead before the neighbors got home. The two shots they heard were maybe JC using a family gun (if they owned any- we don’t know) to fend off the murderer. She’s fighting for her life for several minutes (22?) and gets a hold of a phone long enough to dial 911 and shouts for help but doesn’t have an actual convo with the operator. The gun doesn’t have enough bullets and she gets kidnapped before police arrive. (Totally hypothetical but I think the 911 operator heard her fighting)

Stina, Wolfmack9, thesaint and 7 others like this.
  16. Mountain_Kat

Also wanted to post this because it has photos of the front door before the plywood was put up.

17. From Ashley Banfield tonight (some things differ from other reports, naturally).
    • 100 volunteers help search the area for clues. Still ongoing.
    • Nothing of evidentiary value has been found as of now.
    • Search area is "all over the town."
    • Volunteers were told to look for anything. LE was not specific with what to look for.
    • NCMEC spokeswoman explains their role in the missing - educating and assisting law enforcement immediately.
    • No gun in sight at crime scene.
    • Sheriff said they have received 800 tips.
    • LE doesn't know who placed 911 call. (blip at bottom of TV screen as show is being broadcast.)

18. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

This thread is closed. Please continue the discussion in Thread #5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.