AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #6

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

Thanks for explaining! So often I miss new information!!

Jethro4WS and Mercedes like this.

2. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

They didn't live on the road, but down a long and wooded driveway. I don't think it was an easy place to case. JMO

Having said that, I do wonder how the perp arrived at the house. I'm wondering if he parked behind lot and walked. Driving into the driveway doesn't seem "sneaky,' but maybe he wasn't trying to be sneaky?

jmo

3. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Honestly I don't think most perverts come in a home guns blazing, kill two parents and flee into the night with a young girl.
    This was Horrendous and Violent.

SN76, Al Ka, ElishiaMarie and 10 others like this.
  4. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

WS member Gray Huze is doing a YouTube live update in 30 minutes. For those who are interested here’s a link to his YouTube channel.

5. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yeah. There’s nothing “sneaky” about kicking in a door and opening fire.

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if the assailant(s) pulled right up that driveway.

8paws, oceanblueeyes, Al Ka and 11 others like this.
  6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I wondered about that too and I really wish we knew when he finished work. Also at what point the (landline) phone was disconnected.

7. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Just pondering. 'Deputies responded to a residence on Highway 8 east of Barron that was asking for help shortly before 1 a.m.'
    A lot of places like where dad and mom work have a 4-12 shift. Could somebody from work have followed him home.
    Seems like that timing would fit in nicely.

IceIce9 likes this.
  8. coffee_is_the_best

coffee_is_the_best Member

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about the driveway or obfuscation of house.

9. IceIce9

IceIce9 Well-Known Member

Does the caregiver have a new friend or associate who could have observed or met Jaymie?

Anyone recently hired to do renovations or repairs on their home? Cable installation, handy man type work?

Jethro4WS and Chloe_ee like this.
  10. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Expert

As a reminder,
    Let’s please follow the rules so we can keep the thread open.
    Thanks.

11. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl (with clip)

October 19, 2018

"(CNN)A sheriff's department dispatch log reveals new information about the night that missing Wisconsin teenager Jayme Closs' parents were found dead -- including that a 911 call appeared to have come from her mother's cell phone, and that the door to the family's home had been kicked in....

A dispatch log that the Barron County Sheriff's Department released Friday offers a few new details from that night:

• The dispatcher "could hear a lot of yelling" during the 911 call.

• The call was "pinged" to the Closs' home. When the dispatcher called the number back, a voicemail greeting indicated that the phone belonged to Denise Closs.

• A responding officer found "the door has been kicked in."

• The family dog was there when deputies arrived, and was eventually taken to a relative's home.

The log does not indicate who made the 911 call, who was yelling or what was being yelled...."

Jayme Closs disappearance: New clues from 911 call emerge in case of missing Wisconsin girl - CNN

[​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HayLouise, Katharine, Kyja and 13 others like this.
  12. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Was it ever confirmed that she hid in the bathroom, or where they found her body?

Kyja, SugarQueen, cluciano63 and 5 others like this.
  13. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

That is SOP in all cases involving murders.

They just began to ask these standard simple questions today many days after. I find that puzzling.

Imo

8paws, KitKat2xx8, Jethro4WS and 3 others like this.
  14. nobodyuknow22

nobodyuknow22 Well-Known Member

Jayme is a 13-year-old. Even if she left with the perp on her own it is considered an abduction.

13-year-old girls vary in maturity. Some begin dating older boys, some still play with barbies.

The question is where did Jayme fall on the puberty spectrum?

Pedophiles typically are attracted to girls who have not hit this life marker.

The gap in the neighbor's heard gunfire and the 911 call indicate some large argument was occurring. The question is with who??

A random stranger would not have gotten into or allowed a yelling match. This is a very strong indicator of the murder(s) is a known party.

The flow of events indicates a chaotic scene. So many variables could go wrong. A call within 4 minutes of police arrival indicates the events were occurring out of the control of the perp(s). Shows lack of experience and organization.

Even down to police/dispatch logs indicating James appeared to be answering the door. When he was ambushed. Robberies are typically day events. Abductions are not typically in the home. If someone knocked on the door it was because they possessed the belief the door would be answered and they would be given entry.

My conclusion is this involves a younger individual.

15. MBK

MBK Member

We also have Wisconsin Circuit Court Access
    Barron County Case Number 2011CV000231 Capital One Bank USA NA vs. Denise J Closs

Civil Judgment(s)
    Type Debtor name Multiple debtors Amount Satisfaction Judgment status Date
    Judgment for money Closs, Denise J No $14,466.57 Full Full satisfaction 10-24-2011

Now $14,466.57 is a LOT of money for that family, I am SURE. I'm not saying that this has anything to do with the murders, it's just that someone here suggested that perhaps the family had come into money lately. I'd say that the reverse is probably true. Paying off that sum would be a stretch for the Closses.

MaryG12 and DeepThinker like this.
  16. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Jayme Closs Now At Top Of FBI’s Missing Persons List (with clip)

October 19, 2018

"BARRON, Wis. (WCCO) — Signs outside and inside Barron City Hall express the feelings of everyone in Barron, Wisconsin. Five days have now passed and there’s still no sign of missing 13-year-old Jayme Closs.

She now has been placed at the top of the FBI’s missing persons list....

There was no media briefing on Friday from the Barron County Sheriff but people here have been told about resources from the Barron County Community Coalition, in case residents need to talk to someone about how this ordeal is making them feel.

Also on Friday, the Barron County Sheriff’s department released their log of the 911 call. It’s believed Jayme was inside the house when the call was made. The call was inaudible except for screaming in the background...."

Jayme Closs Now At Top Of FBI’s Missing Persons List
    ---

911 Call In Jayme Closs Case Came From Mom’s Cell Phone (with clip)

"...Below is the dispatch log accessed by CNN. Names and numbers have been redacted...."

911 Call In Jayme Closs Case Came From Mom’s Cell Phone
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. Chloe_ee

Chloe_ee Well-Known Member

I don’t want to say anything untoward, but that’s what I’m thinking. We know teenagers, they are dramatic. Say things they don’t mean, to people they don’t really know, online or in person .. sad situation. All will eventually be revealed. But random intruders, nah not even thinking that...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  18. kspoon45

kspoon45 Well-Known Member

Whitepages shows that the James Closs in Barron, WI has a middle initial of M, not D.

19. thesaint

thesaint Well-Known Member

Something a perp could do to really muddy the waters: stage a suicide by Jayme after the fact. Especially if they staged it using the same weapon used to shoot both parents and that weapon traced back to belonging to the family.

nwmouse likes this.
  20. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Or the perp is an animal lover.

SN76, ErinC, nwmouse and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.