AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Deputies responded to a residence on Highway 8 east of Barron that was asking for help shortly before 1 a.m. When deputies arrived, they found two deceased adults. Jayme Closs, 13, is considered "missing and endangered." Jayme is described as 5' tall, 100 pounds and has green eyes and blond or strawberry blond hair.

2 dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

Jayme%20Closs_1539605722558.jpg_6224138_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7

Media, Maps, and Timeline Thread

Timeline of events: Missing Barron Co. teen

Father: James Closs, 56 – Deceased
Mother: Denise Closs, 46 – Deceased
Daughter: Jayme Closs, 13 – Missing
upload_2018-10-17_21-58-37.jpeg

Sunday, October 14
Denise & Jayme Closs attend family gathering. James, was at work, according to the Associated Press.

Monday, October 15
12:58 a.m. – Barron Co. receives 911 call from 1268 Hwy. 8. Nobody speaks back to dispatchers.
– Deputies find James and Denise dead from gunshots. Daughter Jayme is missing
– FBI, DCI arrive at home on Highway 8. Search of the area begins

6:56 a.m. – Sheriff’s Dept. puts out notice on social media and to local media of missing teen.
– Sheriff’s Dept. interviews school staff at Riverview Middle School – where Jayme attends.

3:23 p.m. – AMBER Alert is sent out for Jayme.

[...]

Dear Members,

In no way will we allow ANYONE to suggest that a minority group, a gang, the Nazi's or a coven of witches are the ones who killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her.

If anyone hints, talks around or in anyway suggests a group is responsible for this horrible crime that person will be gone from the discussion. Same thing if you mention anyone as a suspect without evidence.

If any reliable information comes out about the suspect or suspects then, of course, we can discuss the new information.

Until then, please stay on topic, do not start discussing any other cases, and remember while Websleuths is first a true crime discussion forum a very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. 99.9% of the time we can easily be both. In Jayme's case, there is no reason to disparage the parents or Jayme. There is no evidence of any issues with Jayme's parents or with Jayme herself.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. We know teenagers can be very difficult, however, there is no evidence to suggest Jayme is anything but a victim.

If your post starts with "Me", "My", "I" it very well could be off topic.

We have the best sleuths in the world on Websleuths. We need to keep on topic to make sure the topics are easy to read. When a post is made about anything that is not directly related to the topics it makes the thread harder to read and way off topic.

The work the mods are having to do on this thread alone is overwhelming.

The rules are easy to follow on Websleuths. Thousands of people follow the rules every day with no problem.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tricia

Stop the discussion about 1st amendment and community colleges. This discussion is not doing any service to the victims in this case. Thank you.

WS does not tolerate bashing LE. Everyone knows that some LEAs are corrupt and some aren't. Some LEOs are corrupt and some aren't. A small town police force can be just as great or just as bad as a large city police force.

I see nothing in this case indicating that LE has botched the entire thing or is not asking for the help from other agencies that they require.

Unless and until LE in this case proves to be incompetent, there is no reason to bash their efforts to find Jayme.

NEXT PERSON TO USE THE WORD FOOTBALL OR BASEBALL OR GREENBAY PACKERS OR SPORTS IN GENERAL (UNLESS IT HAS TO DO WITH JAYME )WILL GET A THIRTY DAY, THAT IS 3-0 DAY TIMEOUT.

Please continue the discussion here and remember that Jayme is a 13 year old child and is a victim.

Hi everyone- As this is a very active discussion, please make every effort to stay on-topic, victim friendly, and courteous to your fellow posters. If you are posting information as fact, posting a picture, etc. include a link to your source. If you see a post which violates TOS, report the post and do not respond to it. Thank you and carry on :)

Dear Everyone,

I've decided to allow Radaronline.com to be used as a mainstream media source. Yes there are times when Radaronline.com is gossipy and wrong. However, they do have great interviews when it comes to true crime. They can find out things that no other source can find. I believe they pay people for their stories so that's probably why.

www.radaronline.com is now considered a usable media source.

I'm closing the thread down for the night because the alerts have been out of control. I have never seen this type of alert frenzy on Websleuths. We are going to have to figure out how to stop everyone from alerting at the same time.

We will open a new thread in the morning.

G'night,

Tricia

Among the new details revealed in the dispatch logs:

– The door to the Closs home had been "kicked in."

– The 911 call was "pinged" to the Closs home, with the call coming from a phone belonging to Denise Closs.

– The dispatcher could hear "a lot of yelling" during the 911 call. It does not however reveal who made the call or what was said.

– The call came in at 12:53 a.m. The dispatcher tried to return the call on several occasions but got no answer.
he 911 call. It does not however reveal who made the call or what was said.

– The call came in at 12:53 a.m. The dispatcher tried to return the call on several occasions but got no answer.
New details about night Jayme Closs disappeared, her parents died

On the last thread, someone mentioned the Barron County inmate search and pointed to two people that were booked on the 17th with no charges. There were several people on that search, though, that didn't have any charges listed by them so I wonder if it's that uncommon of a practice?

That said, though, the 17th was now 3 days ago and there's been little more information given and, outside of the search they organized a couple days ago, no "activity" that we can see. Is it possible there's something more to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy