AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a powerwasher sitting on the front steps in some of the footage. I didn't mention earlier because it's a grim reality of the crime scene. But I'm guessing they have done cleanup in areas after clearing them?
Or someone had been doing fall cleanup on Saturday, or even Sunday after the family gathering, and just hadn't put it away yet.

The dispatch log indicates that the dispatcher knew it was Denise's phone based on the voicemail, which makes it even stranger that the dispatcher wouldn't have been able to leave a voicemail.
Some people don’t have them set up, or their inbox is full.

These people are the bane of my existence. My mom included.

Curious, where it says on the log 'advised of a possible suicide attempt' that looks as though it was made before PD or EMS arrived on scene? And then it changed to 'apparent suicide.' Perhaps that was when PD found the man unresponsive inside the doorway? Or was it before PD arrived? But I dont understand why the dispatcher first felt it was a suicide attempt. Makes me wonder what she heard in the background.
RECEIVED A 911 CALL FROM ______ AND COULD HEAR A LOT OF YELLING. CALLED NUMBER BACK AND WAS UNABLE TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL. PHONE
PINGED TO THE ABOVE ADDRESS. ADVISED 317, 325, & 329.
VOICEMAIL INDICATES THE PHONE LISTS TO DENISE AT THAT ADDRESS. TRIED CALLING SEVERAL MORE TIMES AND DID NOT RECEIVE AN ANSWER.
ATTEMPTED TO CALL THE LAND LINE AT THE RESIDENCE BUT THE PHONE HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED.
1:03 329 ADVISED OF A POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT. REQUESTED ASSISTANCE FROM BARRON PD. ADVISED 656.
1:03 PAGED 501 & 1ST RESPONDERS.
1:04 329 REQUESTED TO HAVE EMS STAGE. PAGED EMS FOR AN APPARENT SUICIDE.

I'm on my phone so I can't see it now, but on the pdf that was posted you can see where the call type changed from 911 hang up to attempted suicide.

I don't
I just dont see rage. It seemed pretty methodial ..cold and calculated. imo.

He immediately took out his biggest threat and shortly afterward he took out the only threat left.

It doesnt take rage of any kind to do this.

All he needed was determination to exercise his plan and carry it out.

Jmo
I don't know about rage, but it sure seems to suggest anger and determination.

I just dont see rage. It seemed pretty methodial ..cold and calculated. imo.

He immediately took out his biggest threat and shortly afterward he took out the only threat left.

It doesnt take rage of any kind to do this.

All he needed was determination to exercise his plan and carry it out.

Jmo
I guess I was thinking just to break in and kill 2 people would take rage and then to steal a child....but you are right, those that can do that might not have any emotion during this at all.

I think that there needs to be more tracking on home invasions, because they are becoming increasingly more prevalent and violent.

The problem is how, "Home Invasions" are documented, right now, the definition from the FBI, which tracks Home Invasions, it includes people known and unknown as the definition of "Home Invasion". This situation looks like a possible acquiescence home invasion, the perpetrators knew what they wanted, and knew how to get it. They knew that the home did not have a dog, security system, was isolated, and that the Father was not likely to have a gun handy.

Not unlike the situation with Elizabeth Smart. So, I would look at people who have been in that house in the last year. If the couple is reclusive, that would probably be not that many people.

I remember the issue with Elizabeth Smart kidnapping and Jon Benet murder, that the sheer amount of people who had been in the house or had access to the home, was astronomical.

That really made us think about who we let in our home, casually, and we changed after that. No one comes over any longer, unless it is for a specific purpose, we have no pictures out, doors to rooms are closed, and it is usually people we know personally, even for work in our home. And we do more maintenance ourselves.

We had a woman burgle our home with her two year old. She had been to a Holloween party we had earlier in the year for children that were friends of the family and friends of my grandkids at school.

She was caught because my daughter who lives next door to us wrote down the license plate of a strange car in our driveway.

Yes. I did the same thing when I originally looked up the house/address. I have been wondering if the perp(s) got the wrong house. Maybe the "unrelated" nearby crime is tangentially related. Although this would not account for the abduction of Jayme.
That's an interesting observation. Stranger things have happened.

In that case they said directly that they received contact from the suspect and were responding to his demands. In this case the poster is speculating based on no evidence that the FBI thinks the number "100" is significant and is asking for 100 volunteers due to that number being mystical. I have worked on enough DOJ investigations that I know they do not do this and they are not going to leak out symbolic holy numbers for only mystics to understand and communicate to the rest of us.
We can disagree with someone’s hypothesis, but let’s not ridicule the thought. I personally don’t think the frequent mention of 100 is pertinant, but there has been precious little new info and it’s one of the few fresh observations based on facts that I’ve seen on here in recent days. If we directly or discourage people from posting out-of-the-box ideas, it may one day stop someone from posting THE idea that breaks things open.

There are whack-jobs out there that do whacky things and think whacky thoughts. ES was alive, wearing a veil and camping in the woods w/abducter’s. CW dumped his babies in two oil tanks. THE dC sniper indeed had “language” the FBI needed to use to communicate w/him. Speculated in advance, all of these would have seemed way, way out there to me.

Because we have so little information there have been lots of repeated thoughts on this thread—some theories repeated 50+ times. Nothing wrong w/that but I for one applaud anyone who floats a new theory or observation especially when based on facts, as this poster did. New ideas can spring other new ideas, and in a case like this IMO that’s a good thing.

They say James Closs was already dead when deputies arrived:

"Fitzgerald did not say for whom James answered the door. "
So that sounds like it may or may not be that he answered the door for LE.
"He said when the deputies arrived at the house, James was found dead at the door."
I understand that's what the Sherriff said. But after looking at the dispatch logs I believe her father was alive upon arrival, and died soon after. I think when they saw him initially they thought he tried to kill himself. It's my opinion. I have had a lot of people quote the same thing about him being dead at the door. The Sherriff can release as much or as little as he wants to be known, they never tell us the entire story right away. Again, IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304