AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuckerschnecke

Zuckerschnecke Active Member

Clutter Family and your last point about running out of time- 100% where I’m at.

not.a.muggle, Suglo, EllaMae and 4 others like this.

2. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

I would agree but why Jayme. If they killed two why not one more? Escape with whatever they could find to sell or spend. A 13 year old girl. I donno. Of course after writing that Holly Bobo does come to mind. Sad.

Mountain_Kat and MsBetsy like this.
  3. msnewzealand

msnewzealand Member

If you shoot a door lock, it could be easier to kick in? There were two shots close together at 12:30am.

Prior to that, perhaps someone knocks on the door? Yells? Bangs on it? Dad comes to the door, before he can say/do anything he is shot, intruder kicks in the door and enters home, mom is woken, daughter is woken, mom calls 911 (it was her phone pinged). There's an argument (voices heard on 911 call) daughter is either taken forcefully or voluntarily. All my opinion.

Occula, MsBetsy and ZsaZsa like this.
  4. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

Most ransack home invasions start with 1 guy breaching the front door while others wait or while the other is sneaking around back. Idk

MsBetsy and katydid23 like this.
  5. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Exactly, Holly Bobo comes to mind, very sadly and tragically. Meth is an evil drug because it motivates people to do very gruesome, sexually motivated actions at times. I think they stumbled upon the hiding girl when they were ransacking, and decided to take her along with them.

6. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

I agree. Also in that photo you posted we can see the evidence bus (or whatever it is called) that the other items (chair and door) were carried into. It is parked way behind the women in the driveway and near the house. It is obvious the ME is taking the suitcase to her vehicle parked outside the crime scene (she goes under the tape at the end of the drive). The suitcase is not evidence. JMO.

Mountain_Kat, TRB, Indy Anna and 14 others like this.
  7. SecretGarden

SecretGarden Well-Known Member

Yes, the anger and aggression with kicking the door in makes it seem like a personal connection. To either James, his wife, or Jayme. And if it’s not a random stranger, it shouldn’t be impossible for LE to trace (hopefully).

I wonder if anything else (besides Jayme) was taken from the home? That would offer more insight to the motives and what their intent was.

If it was just Jayme they wanted, that’s pretty disturbing.

Mountain_Kat, Ellmau, MsBetsy and 3 others like this.
  8. RoiPD86

RoiPD86 Well-Known Member

It’s the medical examiners suitcase. I’ve seen it before. Besides, evidentiary procedures would dictate glove wearing and it wouldn’t have been set on the ground.

Mountain_Kat, TRB, Indy Anna and 16 others like this.
  9. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

Thank you. Can you share your preferred theory of what this crime is about?

10. kay74

kay74 Former Member

Still praying. That poor poor girl.

Indy Anna and rosesfromangels like this.
  11. pinkfly

pinkfly Well-Known Member

We are only a few hours away from the one week point in this.

So little information. Maybe they really are on to everything and are just waiting for a safe moment to scoop in and save her....or maybe things are already getting cold.

There is a large group of very good professionals working on this case. I am sure that all my ideas have long since been looked at and all the electronic trails and blood and sniff trails have been followed and all the finances and all the family relationships and all the job related questions and local drug concerns have all been looked into if not fully examined.

If the information is out there, I am sure they have looked at it and tried to connect it to the other dots.

It is okay that we are not being kept up on everything if it means they are getting closer to saving Jayme.

What really baffles me is how little we have heard from the sidelines. They asked family to not speak and they haven't. Wonder if Jennie-O asked their employees to also not speak? School has only made scripted comments as to be expected.

The only one who talks is neighbor Joan who heard the shots, called them reclusive and offered up that LE told her what was on the 911 call.
    (and here I am linking to ****** gah!)

Missing Teen Jayme Closs' Dad Was Shot In Doorway Of Family Home, Neighbor Claims
    The Closs Family Was Reclusive Before Murder: 'They Wouldn't Even Come To The Door'
    Missing Teen Jayme Closs Screamed 'Help!' In 911 Call Amid Parents' Murders

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  12. DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan Well-Known Member

The suitcase seems to belong to the small M.E lady. So we probably can stop the suitcase talk especially if she isn't wearing gloves while handling the thing.

Moonsie, Indy Anna, SN76 and 13 others like this.
  13. DocBrew

DocBrew Well-Known Member

I just can't get the similarities between this case and the unsolved Michael, Mary, and Jennifer Short case from 2002 out of my mind. Caucasian couple in their late 30s (her)/early 50s (him) living in a slightly-off-the-road home on a primary state/community highway gets invaded/shot in the head and killed at their home in the overnight hours, and their 9 year old daughter is taken and weeks later found murdered a few hours away. Other than it being in Virginia, the MO and pretty much all other details are a perfect match.

Is it possible that these are related and the Short killer moved to Wisconsin or is an over-the-road trucker?

14. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Pediatric Nurse Georgia

It looks too big and like it's soft sided. I'd expect to see an official insignia as well.
    Working as a nurse in home health, we'd never use something like that.
    I can't disagree with you though.
    I have no experience in that area. Thanks for letting me know!
    Moo

cass523 and RoiPD86 like this.
  15. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Pretty sure it is the Medical Examiner's suitcase. Please see my post here: AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

16. RoiPD86

RoiPD86 Well-Known Member

I just want her to be found alive and well but the chances are slim now IMO. In my opinion this is not a well thought out crime with a drawn out plan. This is a double murder and an abuction. It is highly personal in nature. IMO the evidence so far shows one or two Assailants who had been at the residence for at least 35-40 min. I believe the Closs’s knew the assailant or assailants. IMO it is a highly emotional family situation or with someone close enough to family. I do feel the Sunday gathering has a connection.

TRB, Indy Anna, Abba's Tears and 12 others like this.
  17. gngr~snap

It's a few posts above the one I made, that you quoted.
    I tried to link it and I can't find the what I am looking for.
    Moo

Attached Files:

cass523, DexterMorgan and Talullah like this.
  18. Bluebythec

Bluebythec Well-Known Member

Change it to a cold glass of water if that works better.

Indy Anna, rsd1200 and DexterMorgan like this.
  19. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Wonder why suitcase looks so heavy. Did perp stuff it but then could not carry it?

20. gngr~snap

Suitcase theory busted. I agree it is the medical examiners personal equipment.
    Moo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.