AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #8

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scaven

Scaven Member

I think only 3 theories really make sense here given what we know.

1) That Jayme was targeted to be abducted most probably by someone the family knew or had come across before (knew the father was coming home at midnight etc). Sadly if this is the case she is more than likely already dead, as over 70% of child abductees are killed within the first few hours or so.

2) That Jayme <modsnip - not victim friendly> had a boyfriend that carried this out, though seeing as everyone is saying she was very quiet, i'm not so sure about this.

3) This was a family/close acquaintance dispute and whomever killed the parents decided to let Jayme live and has her with them still alive somewhere.

Ether way I hope she is found alive and was not responsible for this, although I am a bit of a pessimist in regards to that being the case sadly.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2018
    bizzle2, SecretGarden, cody22 and 5 others like this.

2. elektroangel

elektroangel Well-Known Member

I'm guessing there were more than 2 gunshots. Especially considering the police report's statement about James. I think we need to get past the only 2 shots heard by the neighbors. They probably really weren't paying much attention, had their TV turned up, could be hard of hearing, etc. I am honestly surprised they were the only neighbors who heard anything.

3. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm aware it has been consistently reported as 12:31, but I'm wondering if LE has ever confirmed that timing?

4. RoiPD86

RoiPD86 Well-Known Member

If you have any names such as the inmate who never returned to jail, you can run them through WI CCAP and see court cases, mind you all are innocent until proven guilty etc. Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

5. chi123

chi123 Well-Known Member

This is the part that makes absolutely no sense to me. We've seen a few cases before where someone kills the parents to abduct the child, but what could the perp have possibly been doing in that house for almost 30 minutes? You would think he'd execute his plan and take Jayme immediately after killing her parents

6. elektroangel

MesquiteO21 likes this.
  7. SharonNeedles

SharonNeedles Well-Known Member

For our discussion I don’t think it really matters whether the door was kicked or shot. We know the door was forcefully breached and the dad was shot inside the doorway - that’s really all that’s relevant.

8. carmenugt

carmenugt Well-Known Member

Remember, the gunsots were heard at 12:31 and the 911 call was around 12:56

9. BeeGirl

BeeGirl Well-Known Member

This guy was recaptured and is currently incarcerated per updates.

10. carmenugt

carmenugt Well-Known Member

CAn you copy and paste the quote from the newspaper. The link has too many ads and click ins. It locked my computer.

11. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Amonet and rocket like this.
  12. rocket

rocket Pluviophile

That does not mean that the killer was in the house for 1/2 hour or 20 minutes or 10 minutes.

13. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native - now residing in Jacksonville

bbm

14. Dum-Dum Sucker

Dum-Dum Sucker Well-Known Member

This makes sense.

Indy Anna, Amonet and Quill like this.
  15. Jethro4WS

Jethro4WS Well-Known Member

I have not heard those questions asked by reporters. And you are right they should be able to count the number of voices heard during the call and perhaps have a guess at gender.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Indy Anna, Hann, Gardener1850 and 4 others like this.
  16. Waterdog

Waterdog Well-Known Member

She can be heard among the arguing in the background of the 911 call?

Doghairrules and Stragnet like this.
  17. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

That is another heartbreaking case. Such a good family who were destroyed when evil came into their home.

18. elektroangel

Not necessarily. We don't know their mortgage balance and for all we know they already took out a HELOC on the house. I feel like if this is over money it is over BIG money. Not something small. We have no knowledge of what kind of people they were other than what family has said. That doesn't mean they didn't have skeletons in the closet, and it doesn't mean they did.

19. CuriousMaine

CuriousMaine Well-Known Member

You're right, we have no concrete proof. However, assuming neighbors correctly noted the time of hearing 2 gun shots at 12:31, 911 call ended at 12:56, officer(s) arrive at 1:03 .... sounds like the suspect(s) could have been there for at least 25-30 minutes. That seems like a long time to stay at the scene of a double homicide to me too. MOO.

*I remain skeptical about the neighbor's statements though.

bizzle2, SecretGarden, Amonet and 4 others like this.
  20. AuctionGal

AuctionGal aka Grams

What if he wanted information that he believed DC had knowledge of? He tries to get into the house and JC is there, so he gets in and shoots him. Restrains DC in order to interrogate her for the information. When that doesn't work and he realizes time is running out, he take Jayme thinking she might have knowledge of this information and he can work on getting it from her later. MOO and speculation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.