AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cj707

Cj707 Well-Known Member

And if they are involved in something like this it's as an accomplice to a male. Generally

2. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I wonder if they will postpone today's press conference until after tomorrow's search??

3. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Well-Known Member

2000 people is such a large number...i could be wrong but that doesn't seem like a routine, just in case we missed anything kind of search. That seems like a number they put out if they have very reasonable suspicion to believe they will find something in that area. JMO

4. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

5. HayLouise

HayLouise Well-Known Member

6. HayLouise

7. CuriousMaine

CuriousMaine Well-Known Member

I haven't heard that; I've searched, but did not turn up anything. Perhaps you confused this headline to mean something else? Vigil planned for missing Wisconsin teen, unseen for a week

8. HayLouise

RIGHT NOW: Got this low flying military chopper doing circles in the general vicinity of #JaymeCloss family home in Barron. #findjayme #findjaymecloss

Paul Blume on Twitter

*video at link

9. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

10. pittie_mcclure

pittie_mcclure Active Member

the town actually has just over 3,000 people according to a 2017 report. So considering that, this search is a BIG deal. I bet they have significant leads to this area and expect to find something.

11. Inthedetails

Right. If there were an MSM report, we would've known about it here (and talked about it for several threads). Sounds like either a misunderstanding or a rumor.

Moving on to what is happening in/around Hungry Hollow.

jmo

compass, Jax49, O Missouri and 3 others like this.
  12. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

And, unfortunately, after a week and if she was murdered shortly after the double homicide committed at the home, there would be an odor in the air that would be unmistakable. I hate writing that, as it's the last thing I want to happen. But, it's the first thing I thought of when I read the number of volunteers, etc., and the length of time since the crime.

human, DancingMuse, SandyQLS and 9 others like this.
  13. Lizzack1

Lizzack1 Active Member

Before I start digging too deep of a hole during my short lunch break, can I ask my fellow sleuthers if there have been any new devlepments or theories since the thread reopened this morning?

Given the volume of threads and posts in this case, I hope I’m not out of line for asking for a quick update before I can properly look through the backlog tonight.

Happy to the provide a similar recap or update later this week if necessary. I know keeping up with this thread was pretty draining for me this past weekend, and hope we can support one another to keep up with it as we enter week 2 of the investigation.

❤️

14. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

From 100 people for a 14 mile stretch to 2000? What has changed? This is a massive logistical undertaking IMO. Just to check in 2000 people is going to require a lot of people (check ID's, write their names down, etc.).

15. Shurlokt

Shurlokt Active Member

If there are 2,000 volunteers and they are spaced three feet apart in one line it is well over a mile long. The proximity to the Twin Cities will bring a number of retired people to assist. I can't help but wonder if the large number of volunteers will be a source of possible suspect(s) that have come to "volunteer" just to try to find out what is happening in the investigation.

Someone mentioned earlier that a lot of stupid and crazy things can happen during a crime. This is something a longtime friend said who was an attorney whose father was a County Attorney after the war. He also famously said, "It is crazy and that is why it is called crazy and frequently they are acts committed by crazy people."

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  16. Inthedetails

Thank you for that google image. (You probably should provide a direct link, per WS TOS).

To me, this seems like a good possibility of an escape route. Take this to intersect eventually with a road. Head to Hungry Hollow?

jmo

17. Moonracer

Moonracer Well-known Unknown

My thought is a sad one. If there is a chopper and 2000 people going to be searching, they are looking for a body, not a living person. Not a rescue.

Edited, chopper mention from the Paul Blume Twitter feed. Paul Blume (@PaulBlume_FOX9) | Twitter

18. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

I sure hope you are right. I wonder if they are planning on searching all possible roads in the vicinity for evidence and need more people to divide up for a longer search area than the 14 miles previously searched on HWY 8?

Google Maps

19. Inthedetails

This is a town that wants their girl back and their safety back. I'm tearing up a bit, I admit.

jmo

20. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

If abduction was never the desired outcome, it makes sense that she would be killed quickly. jmo

ETA May I add, sadly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.