AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought is a sad one. If there is a chopper and 2000 people going to be searching, they are looking for a body, not a living person. Not a rescue.
Not necessarily, but that’s likely part of it.

They will also be looking for items discarded after the crime (guns, clothing, phone, etc.).

But yeah, this search is far more likely to turn up a body than a living person.

Before I start digging too deep of a hole during my short lunch break, can I ask my fellow sleuthers if there have been any new devlepments or theories since the thread reopened this morning?

Given the volume of threads and posts in this case, I hope I’m not out of line for asking for a quick update before I can properly look through the backlog tonight.

Happy to the provide a similar recap or update later this week if necessary. I know keeping up with this thread was pretty draining for me this past weekend, and hope we can support one another to keep up with it as we enter week 2 of the investigation.

❤️
Nothing new except 2,ooo person search tomorrow and a possible LE Press Conference this afternoon at 4pm CST.

From 100 people for a 14 mile stretch to 2000? What has changed? This is a massive logistical undertaking IMO. Just to check in 2000 people is going to require a lot of people (check ID's, write their names down, etc.).
I know! I wish they were starting earlier than 9am. I'm from the upper midwest originally, and I know there are plenty of people who would be there at dawn! :)

well, it most likely is based on stats and previous such crimes. BUT i will say, looking at Barron Co criminal activity, there are a number of females booked in the jail and i have even found home invasions in the area where females were involved. It's definitely not out of the realm of possibility at all that a woman/women could be among the perp(s) IMO

Yes horrible home invasions are on the rise all across the country in recent years. Many will use a female as bait to be the one they send to the door pretending they need help of some kind. They hit at all times day or night.

Many have lead to the most gruesome tortures and overkills imaginable and most all of them are being done by total strangers to the victims inside.

Besides torture there have been cases where adult females were raped and also little children who were inside the home as well before they were all murdered.

In a lot of these cases when the suspects were caught they were heavy drug users on something like meth or heroin.

They hit homes where none of the families had drugs nor did drugs themselves. Many of the victims were good decent law abiding people who were well liked and respected in their community.

Maybe they were going to rape Jayme right then but felt time was running out so he or they took her to rape her afterwards.

Then I am so afraid after assaulting Jayme he most likely killed her shortly after and discarded her little body maybe in a 10 to 20 mile radius somewhere inside of his comfort zone.

Imo

My thought is a sad one. If there is a chopper and 2000 people going to be searching, they are looking for a body, not a living person. Not a rescue.

Edited, chopper mention from the Paul Blume Twitter feed. Paul Blume (@PaulBlume_FOX9) | Twitter
Would they have civilians searching if they expect to come across a body? I feel they would not allow this for obvious reasons- idk...

This goes all the way back to directly behind her house. Of course this could be old and maybe it's overgrown.

fOsmUDC.jpg
Via maps, it look like those tracks are approximately 850 ft from her house. Also, those tracks eventually run parallel to Vermillion River.
Edit to include when you google the area, snowmobile routes are highlighted on maps. Perhaps that could be a mode of transportation, follow tracks to the river where a vehicle could be parked? I wonder what that area looks like? MOO

Attachments

• Jayme.png
    Jayme.png
    413.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
This goes all the way back to directly behind her house. Of course this could be old and maybe it's overgrown.

fOsmUDC.jpg
Actually those Street View photos are many years old. The railroad has since be refurbished to support a sand mining operation in Almena to the west of Barron. The satellite images show that the tracks to Almena are cleared and not overgrown. If you go towards Almena along the tracks in Satellite view you will come to the sand plant and see multiple tracks along the plant with those tracks full of rail cars.

You can read about the Railroad company that owns the tracks and the service to Almena here.
Wisconsin Northern Railroad - Wikipedia

Would they have civilians searching if they expect to come across a body? I feel they would not allow this for obvious reasons- idk...
I've been avoiding this directly, but yes, I think they would use volunteer searchers to find a body. I think the volunteers will be briefed.

I once was part of a search for a drowned person in a lake - adult beachgoers were asked to form a human chain. We weren't searching for a live person under the water, ykwim?

I'm hoping for the best result, but also have a realistic side too.

jmo

Volunteer searches are very common when so much ground needs to be covered. I took part in one once. Due to ice buildup I had to stop my search, ended being about a hundred yards from where the body was eventually found a few weeks later.

This is a town that wants their girl back and their safety back. I'm tearing up a bit, I admit.

jmo

Yes, I agree. It's very moving to see. And I'm thinking that if they fill that place it may send a few messages to the perp or perps:
You cannot get away with this and hide here.
And we will not live our lives in fear.
And the good people of this town will overcome the evil responsible for this crime.
MOO.
#bringJaymehome

2,000 volunteers, seems unfathomable, logistically.

Maybe someone has talked?
Maybe lab/forensics work returned evidence?
They break them up in to teams. One cop and maybe 20 volunteers. You set up in a line a few feet from each other and walk across the field. Its a grid search most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member