AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 volunteers across 7 directions (due west already searched, so NW, N, NE, E, SE, S, SW)...285 people per sector, or 47 groups of 6 each sector...I bet any resident or business owner that complains is immediately suspected.

The family, although they didn't live extravagantly, did seem to keep their daughter busy with extracurricular activities, so they definitely weren't poor.

I respectfully disagree.

The cost of extracurricular activities can vary from very expensive (private leagues, private studios etc.) to almost free (school sports). In between would be re center / city supported leagues whose costs can range from nominal to relatively expensive depending on the town. Some school sports, though usually free, may a have hidden costs such as participation fees or “recommended” summer camps etc. Even with the possibility of hidden fees, I would not usually place school sports into the 'expensive' category.

In regards to the victim, most of her activities could be school activities in a rural area. This is usually associated with free or nominal costs. The dance activity is an exception. In short…. I don’t think the activities, though numerous, can give a good indication of finances in this case. They could, however, give a good indication if they were say, private leagues or even rec center in a pricey suburb.

Last edited:
All this talk about meth, I'll bet this was related to this case in some way. The FBI is there, why can't they find SOMETHING!
I see this as a viable scenario also. With this meth lab arrest it has me thinking: Perhaps the perps picked the wrong house. Mistakenly kills the couple thinking it was the meth makers. Realizes a kid is there takes kid in a panic. And my imagination takes me to a sad ending. JMO

Also, why was the door kicked in if James answered it.
With alternate later possibilities on the table...back to James was out late for whatever reason (work, etc) and was followed home. He knew it and ran into the house to lock door behind him. Perp followed and began kicking the door but Dad grabs his gun (if he has one) and threatens the person at the door. Possible door kicked in and shooting ensued, whether from Dad's gun or perp had a gun. All speculation on my part. But I still believe perp was known to family and it wasn't about Jayme. imho

Mine did that also! Grrrr
It used to say how many people were on a particular thread or forum, but I don’t see that now. I only see the total number of members & guests at WS.

I joined in 2004 and spent yrs here sleuthing cases. But I haven’t been on a case for past couple yrs. This case got me back and I may be addicted again.

The site is so different with so many new links... and there are sooo many new members!!!

I see this as a viable scenario also. With this meth lab arrest it has me thinking: Perhaps the perps picked the wrong house. Mistakenly kills the couple thinking it was the meth makers. Realizes a kid is there takes kid in a panic. And my imagination takes me to a sad ending. JMO
For me, that theory goes out the window with the kidnapping.

If you target the wrong house, you either kill Jayme on the spot, or flee.

I wouldn’t expect them to take her with them, as that only compounds their error.

Last edited:
If you put on the net, do you get a citstion that says who lives on that Avenue on Spokeo or there is something like Nwber (? ) as well that lists people who live, have lived, and where they live now at certain addresses
Hoping you know how to check this out. Also if rented and owners didn't live there, would that info even be available.

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed >

Would be interesting to know if the household is missing a gun. If there was a scuffle and the intruder killed them and took it, it could definitely be related to meth. But still theres the question of why he didnt' steal more valuables. The human trafficking is too hard to pull off for a meth addict. But he should have taken a tv, some electronics etc. Something to offload at a pawn shop easily. It's why I continue to believe it's not meth related.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really losing sleep over this case. It’s in my head because I really feel terrible for the family and I soooo wish for a resolution that brings Jayme back alive. I am off work tomorrow and think I may head to the search early in the am. I’m only 45 min away. Is anyone else here with previous LE, military, or search party experience planning on attending?
I'm about 10 minutes south of the Twin Cities. It'll be about a 2 hour drive time, but I'm planning on going.

What is so strange WS is the only site where I have problems. It's even worse when i am posting from my phone.

And when I use to only post from my computer i would get strange popups and then it would freeze.

I am glad to know it isn't just happening to me.

I was beginning to think it was some kind of personal vast conspiracy. Just kidding of course

This may have been said but I’m in agreement the search is primarily for evidence as it is barren in abundance. Not knowing the experience of the suspect(s), I do surmise it is possible they had lack of experience and knowledge of cell phone tracking and gps. They may have panicked and damaged Jamey’s phone slightly or turned it off and threw it out a vehicle as they fled. It’s possible in a fight or scuffle, other items were also thrown from or dropped out of a vehicle.

Another thing to note ftr we have seen in other cases where many local arrests are made. This doesn’t always indicate a connection, rather an increased focus by Law Enforcement on the area as they canvass and sweep. They are dotting their i’s and connecting all bases; additionally a local might as a result be more inclined to talk if there’s any “word o. The street”. LE, if aware of an outstanding warrant, etc, has to follow up on that as they are made aware. (Unless they choose not to make an arrest for a specific reason, such as keeping an eye on someone.)

I get why this happens, and obviously I don't support anyone breaking the law. But I do hope that in cases like this LE is letting some of the smaller things go in hopes of getting more information. (For example: someone comes forward and says they think they heard someone moving around in their backyard around that time, but there also happens to be a bit of weed growing back there. Or maybe they were letting a friend crash on their couch who may have an outstanding warrant -- I'd prefer that local LE let that stuff go at times like this. If word gets around that they are arresting people for other things they find during this case then people may bite their tongues when asked.)

Also, why was the door kicked in if James answered it.
I wondered if maybe he went to the door because someone knocked. Maybe the Closs’ had a chain or something and it was only open 2-3in or so. The perp kicked the door in when he refused to open it, ripping the chain out of the frame along with damaging the rest of the frame? Just an idea. An act like that could also slam the door into JC’s face if he was close, knocking him off balance or onto the floor where he was then shot. That is just a scenario I came up with since we still don’t know what bodily injuries were inflicted aside from the gun shot wounds. JMO.

<modsnip - quoted post and reference to it removed due to discussing SM comments>

Also many folks offering (on the Sheriff'S page) to drive there and help search, even before this new request came out. No doubt they will get their desired number of searchers.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, that theory goes out the window with the kidnapping.

If you target the wrong house, you either kill Jayme on the spot, or flee.

I wouldn’t expect them to take her with them, as they only compounds their error.

Because they knew from phone call the the LE where on the way, they could of taken Jayme as a human shield or some sort of hostage if they are confronted by LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86