AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Dailymail article without any new info, but it has a close-up view of the door frame with the blanket/material hanging over it. In the picture you can tell it is some kind of blanket.
Released 911 call log reveals the phone of Jayme Closs's mother was used to call authorities | Daily Mail Online
5218622-6296561-The_front_door_of_the_Closs_home_is_seen_on_Wednesday_It_appears-a-36_1540012150974.jpg

I had just replied to a question about the statement regarding the sheriff saying he believes she is 100% alive but the thread closed. This statement was an answer to a two part question. The first was about the investigation and the second was about whether or not they think she is alive. In his answer, he responded that yes, they believe she is alive and will continue the investigation as if she is alive and in danger. It does not mean they have evidence she is alive, except for the 911 call that indicates she was present during the murder. In my opinion he was emphasizing the fact that they are putting 100% into doing everything they can to find Jayme. Until they have a reason to believe otherwise, they will continue the investigation as if she is alive and endangered. Jmo

I had just replied to a question about the statement regarding the sheriff saying he believes she is 100% alive but the thread closed. This statement was an answer to a two part question. The first was about the investigation and the second was about whether or not they think she is alive. In his answer, he responded that yes, they believe she is alive and will continue the investigation as if she is alive and in danger. It does not mean they have evidence she is alive, except for the 911 call that indicates she was present during the murder. In my opinion he was emphasizing the fact that they are putting 100% into doing everything they can to find Jayme. Until they have a reason to believe otherwise, they will continue the investigation as if she is alive and endangered. Jmo
Absolutely true. And that’s what they should be doing. Preservation of life is the number one priority of law enforcement.

The really eerie part to all this is how silent the family and coworkers are. I mean lots of families aren't really that close and maybe just see each other on holidays. But you would think at least a couple of them would be trying to get the message out as much as possible. They would be fighting to get on air etc. Also the fact that the coworkers have been relatively quiet as well is so weird. Either they've been told to stay quiet by the FBI or something else.

Why is there no reward offered? Dont they want Jayme back alive. Or at least a possible of who is involved?

Now I understand too many tips. But dang. Not even a $20k reward mentioned while Mollie Tibbets reward was almost $300k with less murderous deeds already done to others . Jmo.

The really eerie part to all this is how silent the family and coworkers are. I mean lots of families aren't really that close and maybe just see each other on holidays. But you would think at least a couple of them would be trying to get the message out as much as possible. They would be fighting to get on air etc. Also the fact that the coworkers have been relatively quiet as well is so weird. Either they've been told to stay quiet by the FBI or something else.

They were told to not talk to the press

After looking at the fact post, I have one question I feel like hasn't been adequately answered - WHY was the Ontonagon County Sheriff Dept. contacted? They're at least 6 or 7 hours from Barron. Does this have to do with a suspect?

Maybe only because I’m originally from the UP, but this also really stood out to me. I’ve been surprised this hasn’t caught more attention here.

I believe they were advised not to speak to the media. I hope they have reminded the neighbor about that, too.

Why is there no reward offered? Dont they want Jayme back alive. Or at least a possible of who is involved?

Now I understand too many tips. But dang. Not even a $20k reward mentioned while Mollie Tibbets reward was almost $300k with less murderous deeds already done to others . Jmo.
I got the impression they are working on getting a reward ready. Maybe tomorrow they will announce it. Jmo

I wanted to add this about the neighbors hearing gunshots. Whatever was hit, the second gunshot was louder than the first.

“I hear one shot and the second shot was even louder yet,” Joan Smrekar said."

“It actually sounded like a car backfiring or something quite large,” her husband Tom Smrekar added."

UPDATE: Possible sighting of missing Wisconsin teen in Miami, couple killed identified
It could be the echo effect depending on where the last shot was made.

But maybe the neighbors know more since they seem to have a profound hearing on a louder gun shot from a supposed hunting area.

Especially since they had no worries to call police since they suspected it was hunting business as usual. Jmo

After looking at the fact post, I have one question I feel like hasn't been adequately answered - WHY was the Ontonagon County Sheriff Dept. contacted? They're at least 6 or 7 hours from Barron. Does this have to do with a suspect?

A couple theories have floated around here in a previous thread, but as of today, I haven't seen the answer to that question reported by MSM.

P.S. In case you missed it, here's a theory I tend to agree with, which was posted just yesterday by Jethro4WS:
Quite possibly that there are relatives that live in that area or there is some other known connection with the Closs' there such as a place they vacationed and/or visited relatively often.

I know I commented early on the 911 call log when it came out and brought up this county being mentioned and I wondered at the time if that was where the profile photo on Jayme's FB page was taken which with the rocks and water appears it might somewhere along Lake Superior and Ontonagon County has a border with Lake Superior. For those that haven't looked it up Ontonagon County MI is in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member