AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes sense at this point. I think someone tried to leave with her and her parents were having none of that so they were murdered. Jayme was then taken and we need to find her! Was this someone she had some sort of a relationship with? Or someone who just wanted to have a relationship with her? Did she know this person was coming for her but had no idea they would murder her parents if they intervened? What happened?
A couple of thoughts... Jayme was only 13. If she was crushing on someone older (old enough to drive, let's say), her parents may have forbidden her to see him. But, when police describe the house as a violent crime scene, it makes me think this was a stranger. And, Jayme fought. If it was obvious to LE that she fought, it is likely one of the reasons they're so sure she's endangered. MOO

Last edited:
Barron County Sheriff's Department

Press Release

October 15, 2018 6:00pm Update

The deceased individuals have been identified as James Closs, 56 and Denise Closs, 46. They are husband and wife and the mother and father of Jayme, the missing 13 year old.

An Amber Alert has been issued and please continue to call in tips to the tip line 24 hours a day at 1-855-744-3879.

Again the missing and endangered juvenile is Jayme Closs, age 13, 5 feet tall, 100 pounds, green eyes and Blond or Strawberry hair.

Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff

I lived near a small rural town about 35 minutes in Barron for several years.
Re: the number of sex offenders in the area , I think the number is so large for the town's size because it includes persons living in the surrounding country areas . The town I lived near only had a town limit population of 3023 but that number would easily triple if you included the 3 smaller unincorporated areas within 20 minute drive from the town limits.

Re... locking doors at night , we lived 10 miles out of town , my DH would lock his truck up every night but we only locked the front door if we were going somewhere . My Dh's family lives in the area still. The drug problem has escalated to massive proportions in the last few years . Just within the last month, two of our friends there have posted videos on Facebook from their security cameras of different individuals scoping out their homes, looking in doors. One had audio of a young woman describing what items she could see through the door . Also ,there was Facebook post 2 weeks ago , about a couple of men driving around asking for work, and would mention items around the house or recent parties ,etc that they could only of known about if they had been watching the houses. Several of our friends were commenting that a couple of men in the same type of truck had been by their house asking for work and knew too much to of just been by the house that one time. They did notify the local LE .

Re.. have been through Barron several times , the turkey plant and turkey farms do leave quite an odor in the air . But that is nothing compared to the smell of the fertilizer sprayed on the fields in the spring .

They talked to her teachers? I hope they went through her locker while they were there. When I was her age, I kept notes from friends and admirers in mine. There may be some clues there. Hopefully they have her phone and other electronics to look through as well.
Earlier today, the sheriff said he had officers at the middle school Jayme attended. I'm sure they would have interviewed teachers as well as friends and classmates. They will also know who was absent. I'm pretty sure I read that Jayme is in the 8th grade.
MOO

I believe they got permission from NCMEC to issue the alert, even though they didn’t have that information. I am not certain about that, but I believe that NCMEC can allow a jurisdiction to issue an alert without that information. I could be very wrong, though, and so this is JMO, and MOO.

Yeah, it would be nice to see a firm answer on this. If the alert was okayed for this missing child then all future missing children should have one when no vehicle or suspect is known.

Sorry if already posted; I had to skim to get caught up...

The Latest: Parents of missing girl found dead in her home
The sheriff says the girl is missing and in danger and is not a suspect in her parents’ deaths. He says investigators have been talking with Jayme’s friends, but so far have no leads on a possible suspect.

The FBI and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are assisting in the investigation. Fitzgerald says the FBI technicians are specialized in missing children.
My heart is in my mouth for this poor young girl. I hope this isn't another Shasta Groene case......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member