AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s always hope. But...This guy has killed already, and the heat is quickly rising. Right now, in his mind, no one can identify him, except for the victim of course.

He basically has no reason to release her, unless he desires spending the rest of his life in jail.

The fear is that at some point, he will find her disposable.

LE is running out of time until that happens, unless it has already happened.

MassGuy I’m thinking the same thing.

However say she’s been abducted for SA, we have seen cases where the victim was kept alive for a long time, AH comes to mind.

But I hear ya and just pretty much posted similarly above.

Jumping off of this, and I’m not saying this is the case here at all, but fwiw I have seen in trafficking cases where a couple abducts a teen. I’ve seen this twice now.
It makes sense for a woman to be involved with a daytime abduction to help lure the person. Have you seen cases where it happens at night? Like they were both there?

That’s a good point. In a rural area like that, he’d certainly be taking a risk by knocking on the front door.
How about... Knock,knock,knock,..... Hey Jim, it's ??. My truck is broke down out here. Please open up, I need some help. Jim, you hear me? I need some help....... Maybe they did know the guy ?

Yes. Unfortunately.

WOW. I was thinking this was spontaneous; now I'm wondering if the victims were tied up.

Jethro4WS: Could be zip ties, but I'm thinking it is something we called " binder twine". Farmers use it around their hay bales.

https://www.amazon.com/Lehigh-Group...ocphy=9031044&hvtargid=pla-307196212782&psc=1
Someone was shopping at Walmart and came prepared then.

Now they probably sell that stuff elsewhere. But usually people feel more invisible at Walmart when making certain purchases. Jmo

How about... Knock,knock,knock,..... Hey Jim, it's ??. My truck is broke down out here. Please open up, I need some help. Jim, you hear me? I need some help....... Maybe they did know the guy ?
Yeah. I’m still leaning towards the perp knocking on the front door, but I’m definitely open to the alternative.

I don’t think these victims were tied up, as it doesn’t jibe with what I believe to be the motive (sexual).

I think this crime was purposeful, and not something that spawned off another crime altogether (robbery).

Do states have different requirements for Amber Alerts?

There was not a mention of the type of car Jayme could be in. I was under the impression that a vehicle type had to be known to meet the requirements for an Amber Alert.

Cody22: I was thinking along those lines as well.

We lived on a "major" highway in Central Wisconsin, and accidents happened all the time, including early morning. Because of the rare nature of homicides, my Dad would have turned on the outdoor light, illuminating the front of the house, then let the person in, if he/she didn't look suspicious.

FTR fwiw imo there is nothing to either prove or disprove there is any connection to the murders of Abby and Libby.
That case is almost always mentioned in any case involving a missing or murdered teen.

I think Delphi also came up during the Mollie Tibbetts investigation. It is astronomically unlikely to have any connection.

There was not a mention of the type of car Jayme could be in. I was under the impression that a vehicle type had to be known to meet the requirements for an Amber Alert.
Mom and dad murdered and a person in the background is scared and needs help during the 911 call.

A 13 year old is basically abducted at 1am in a rural area of a small town. So even without a vehicle then the Amber alert is still the best route for those who may come across a scared girl somewhere or see some car flying down the road or see suspicious activity happening on someones property at 4am or something.

Yeah. I’m still leaning towards the perp knocking on the front door, but I’m definitely open to the alternative.

I don’t think these victims were tied up, as it doesn’t jibe with what I believe to be the motive (sexual).

I think this crime was purposeful, and not something that spawned off another crime altogether (robbery).
That dining room chair.... I see what looks like congealed blood but, those ties on the back, look like they could be chair seat cushion ties, where they cut a bloody pillow off the seat of the chair ?

Cody22: I was thinking along those lines as well.

We lived on a "major" highway in Central Wisconsin, and accidents happened all the time, including early morning. Because of the rare nature of homicides, my Dad would have turned on the outdoor light, illuminating the front of the house, then let the person in.

I’ve been reminded today a lot of something that happened to someone I know. They live off a rural main road. One morning the boy comes downstairs and says “mommy who’s that man in bed with J?”

The parents rushed upstairs and held the guy at gunpoint til the cops got there. Turns out this guy was waaaaaasted drunk, crashed his car around the corner, walked to the nearest house, opened the unlocked front door, and went upstairs in the bedroom and passed out in the girl’s bed (supposedly nothing sexual happened unless the daughter is lying).

My point, I’m just wondering what the chances are of some random nutjob just going in, for whatever reason.

And it’s not making sense right now as a scenario becasue it seems like he went in with a gun ready to execute...

But if they were restrained, maybe he wanted something, if those are zip ties and rope he must have brought them, I’ve heard of many horrific random home invasions...have they ever taken a victim...no mention of robbery has been indicated...I’m rambling just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Didn't the GSK tie couples up and take his time sexually assaulting the women? That's what my mind went to with the possible restraints on the chair. Only difference is GSK didn't take his victims with him. I don't think a robbery occurred either. JMO.

I think they found a loophole or that this is such an extreme case where the victim is in grave danger that they made an exception for that rule. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks