Found Safe WI - Jill, 55, & Jordan Rousseau, 21, mother & daughter, Dale, Outagamie Co., 16 Jun 2019

Jill and Jordan Rousseau, the two Dale women who mysteriously went missing for three days in June, have obtained temporary restraining orders against Kelly Rousseau, Jill's husband and Jordan's father, because of alleged domestic abuse.

The petitions for the restraining orders assert Kelly Rousseau used a Taser flashlight to injure Jill Rousseau, 55, and Jordan Rousseau, 21, within the past two weeks. Jill reported injuries to her arms and head, and Jordan reported injuries to her head, arms, chest, leg and back.

Dale women who went missing obtain temporary restraining order against husband, father

Well, this explains everything. Occam's Razor. Also explains why LE had a somewhat "hands off" approach to the husband when the women first went missing. LE must have suspected the real reason for their leaving.

I'm glad the women had the courage to go to the prosecutor and LE. No one should be subjected to that. That's terrible! JMO, he shouldn't be allowed to have guns, either. Best wishes to those women in getting someplace safe and moving forward with a better life.

Jill and Jordan Rousseau, the two Dale women who mysteriously went missing for three days in June, have obtained temporary restraining orders against Kelly Rousseau, Jill's husband and Jordan's father, because of alleged domestic abuse.

The petitions for the restraining orders assert Kelly Rousseau used a Taser flashlight to injure Jill Rousseau, 55, and Jordan Rousseau, 21, within the past two weeks. Jill reported injuries to her arms and head, and Jordan reported injuries to her head, arms, chest, leg and back.

Dale women who went missing obtain temporary restraining order against husband, father

Very confusing.

At first they weren't afraid of him and now a R.O.?

Could they have later discovered he did something to make them sick?

But why no criminal charges?

In a June 20 interview, Jill Rousseau told investigators that they left home because they weren't feeling safe, according to a 19-page police report obtained by The Post-Crescent through an open records request.

She said she and her daughter were having issues with being sick and that something didn't seem right at the home, the report said.

Jill Rousseau also told investigators that she was afraid and didn't know whom to trust but was not fearful of Kelly at all.

I hope they get the help they need and I am glad that mother and daughter can lean on each other through this.

JMO

yeah, wow is all I have also.

A taser flashlight. Ack - who needs one of those?

ETA: The feeling sick at home - I concur this is maybe poisoning of some sort. But also not feeling safe there - 2 different things. Bad juju was going down there and it is good to read the latest. I hope they are safe because we all know how situations like this (DV) can escalate when victims try to leave, or file ROs.

yeah, wow is all I have also.

A taser flashlight. Ack - who needs one of those?

ETA: The feeling sick at home - I concur this is maybe poisoning of some sort. But also not feeling safe there - 2 different things. Bad juju was going down there and it is good to read the latest. I hope they are safe because we all know how situations like this (DV) can escalate when victims try to leave, or file ROs.

Or they were too embarrassed to tell police the real reason. I can understand that, but am glad they did report the problem.

I just assume that's all made up. They were probably too SCARED to tell police the real reason.

Borman said he was unaware of the allegations in the petitions and didn’t want to speculate on what happened for the women to ask for the restraining orders.

"From our contact with them, they indicated they had other concerns about their own health and were very clear that Kelly was not a threat to them," he said. bbm

In a June 20 interview, Jill Rousseau told investigators that she and Jordan left home because they weren't feeling safe, according to a 19-page police report obtained by The Post-Crescent through an open records request.

Dale women who went missing obtain temporary restraining orders against husband, father

Obviously, the truth is the women did feel KR was a threat to them, and still is hence the request for 4 year restraining order!

So this taser flashlight incident happened after their return?

I hate that this has happened to them; I'm just glad it wasn't worse, because it had the potential to be. I had a feeling that no matter what the reason was for their running off that dad/husband was going to wind up feeling embarrassed after they returned home and that embarrassment would result in him being highly pissed. That can be dangerous, sadly.

I'm so sorry that happened to them but am glad that they either decided to take that step themselves or that someone else helped them come to that decision. My hats off to whoever did that, if they exist.

There you have it. The truth comes out finally. Hopefully they can be safe from the husband now that LE knows what's really going on. I think that there's a mixture of shame, fear and embarrassment involved which is why the women were initially reluctant to share the real reasons for their disappearance publicly. There's still a stigma attached to domestic violence. Also, since they were 'caught' they probably feared reprisals from the husband if they didn't lie and preserve the image of a happy family. I also found his behavior with Jordan's young female friend in the TV interview a bit off. JMO.

The women said in the petitions that they are in imminent danger of physical harm and asked the court to require Kelly Rousseau, 55, to "refrain from threats of violence and controlling behavior, verbal and emotional abuse."

Dale women who went missing obtain temporary restraining orders against husband, father

I'm side-eying Sgt. Borman's comments. I wonder if he's a buddy of KR. Clearly a judge thought there was reason enough to grant the ROs.

Last edited:
I think local LE suspected the same things we did, hence being sure to get in touch with the women when they failed to meet LE as planned after their return. They stuck to their "we felt sick and we do not fear dad/husband" yet LE still gave them the crisis intervention info. What more can you do when you suspect something is going on and want to ensure someone's safety, but they continue to say that's not the case and there no visible injuries (on June 20th)

The women went missing over 3 weeks ago, the protective order says the taser flashlight incident happened within the last 2 weeks, so assuming that protection order was filed very recently, that means the incident occured appx a week after they returned, after local LE followed up with them.

That's why DV can be so difficult; You have your suspicions, but you need concrete evidence or a statement from the victim(s) in order to take measures to ensure their safety; but the victims often cover for the person/won't give that information out of fear/embarrassment themselves.

I do agree that dad's interaction with the daughter's friend was weird. His entire time on camera was very strange; yapping away with tons of unnecessary details.

I guess we also have some additional possible insights as to the older son and why "adoptions don't always work out"

I also find the fact that they purchased a bed/futon at their place of business odd as well. Perhaps it was purchased after he was snowed in one winter and unable to get home like he said, but still an odd detail to elaborate so much about.

I am curious if maybe he was doing something to them and when he was away for a few days, they felt better or at least felt whatever symptoms they were feeling subsided and they connected the dots.

I also wonder if this religious group they are part of has anything to do with it. If he was more involved or pushing that angle more so and maybe she wasn't on board with it and he was doing something to keep her?

whatever is going on, I am glad she and her daughter are safe and maybe not the best way to handle it, but I'm sure she didn't know he would have the police looking and make it to national TV.. Poor woman :(

Something was definitely odd with the dad and friend.. she was recently back from church camp or a retreat or whatever so is it possible she also is heavily into the religious group and they think she is on his side (so the daughter didn't reach out to her either)..

There has to be some missing pieces.

Interesting that Jordan appears to have allegedly sustained more injuries than Jill did.

ETA: Formerly missing women file restraining order against father, husband
The article summarizes the video segment. Interesting clips of KR, snapshots of court documents and interview with Beth Oswald, executive director at Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services in Oshkosh.

Last edited:
Wow. I personally am not surprised. That man was just plain creepy from the start and most of us said as much. As everyone says, the hair incident, the number of details, it appeared he called his own PC without LE involved... I wondered from day one if the futons at the business were not even possibly a way of avoiding him (mom and daughter stayed there as much as possible perhaps and away from home and him...?)

I kept checking this case and honestly expecting what I would see first would be a divorce action filed.

The sad part of this all is that there is nothing very serious to hold this man on or give him much time, if any. However, the fact the public has heard what he is (assuming it is true) may help insofar as their safety, he would be the first person looked for should anything happen. Restraining orders as we all know are little more than a piece of paper. It will allow for prosecution if he breaks the terms, however, not until.

We have not really seen mother and daughter to get a sense of what the truth is or how we feel about their veracity, but we did see him and again, something is flat out creepy about that man, imo.

I too wonder about if he feels he has "connections" and "power". I think he knew why they left and he put them in the public eye showing them how all believed he was a concerned husband and father, claiming they would never just go off like that and must have been abducted. I think the hair thing he well knew or hoped they would see and he probably hoped it would maybe concern his daughter or his wife for the friend...? Or play into paranoia that he likely created in them...? He seems the type that would likely try to now say it is the other person who is delusional but TWO of them would be a bit more difficult to spin that about...

I still don't get what their plan was or may have been... Perhaps they went to someone for help and planned to get further away or just stay while they figured things out as to what to do, but because he ensured it hit the news--I remember him even pointing out it was national and even internationally known, another somewhat odd statement...

Another odd remark was how there was a video camera but they were not exactly seen on it, just the vehicle backing up to the storage shed, etc...

Odd case.

There is still more to this imo.

All of this is just my opinion and speculation...

When that press conference was called, by the husband, and I watched it, I got a feeling something was off. Now, looking back, I think it was another attempt by KR to re-assert control over them. To publicly shame them into returning to the fold. I never got the sense that he truly feared for their safety. As it turns out, they weren't safe in their own home.

When that press conference was called, by the husband, and I watched it, I got a feeling something was off. Now, looking back, I think it was another attempt by KR to re-assert control over them. To publicly shame them into returning to the fold. I never got the sense that he truly feared for their safety. As it turns out, they weren't safe in their own home.
Something concerning is that if he did end up “disappearing” them, he would of course be the prime suspect, but he’d be able to point to this and say “but they left voluntarily before!”

I a so in agreement with both of these posts. It points that way to me as well. Jmo though.

so it was granted for 4 years but extended for one month beyond that?

<going back to re-read>

No, maybe the hearing for the ROs was extended by one month because J&J were not represented by an attorney?

<going back to re-re-read>

No, wait, They have TROs (Temporary Restraining Orders) in place already that must only extend a few months. They are seeking a 4-year INJUNCTION against Kelly (dad). The hearing for the injunction was rescheduled for next month so the women can obtain counsel. The TROs are extended until the new hearing date.

My guess is we won't hear much else unless some reporter gets this (IMO low key) assignment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back