WI Wi - Jody Lynn Newberry, 54, Ashland County, 24 May 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
On May 29, 2018 at approximately 4:30 P.M., the Ashland County Communications Center received a report from a female caller that her 54 year old sister, Jody Lynn Newberry, had traveled from her home in Bergland, MI to Mellen, WI on the evening of Thursday, May 24 to attend the “Mellen Jam” music festival. Jody’s sister was concerned because the festival had ended and Jody had not returned home, nor had she contacted the family.
FE779DAA-C15D-4074-8A2C-B0A5411A7E5F.jpeg
Preliminary information indicated that Jody traveled to the festival with a male companion, and the two became separated, with the last alleged contact with Jody being around noon on Saturday, May 26th.

Jody is described as a white female, 5’03” tall, 115 lbs, with long brown hair, several missing teeth, a skin tag on her nose, and usually wearing wire rimmed glasses.

“Mellen Jam” is a yearly event held on Memorial Day weekend on forested private property on Gilgen Road, just north of Mellen. The property is located next to a large area of densely forested and extremely rugged terrain.

An initial search of the property and adjacent area was performed by deputies of the Ashland County Sheriff’s Office followed by an expanded search by the Sawyer County Search and Rescue K-9 unit throughout the evening and night, with nothing found.

At this time, there is no indication of Jody’s whereabouts. The investigation is ongoing and additional expanded searches are planned in conjunction all other available options to locate her. Anyone having contact with Jody since Thursday, especially at the “Mellen Jam” party and afterwards is urged to contact the Ashland County Sheriff’s Office immediately at (715) 682-7023 (Option 1).
BBB2EDDE-7AB7-4E17-B7AA-D129B21AC66A.jpeg
Ashland County Sheriff's Office

On May 29, 2018 at approximately 4:30 P.M., the Ashland County Communications Center received a report from a female caller that her 54 year old sister, Jody Lynn Newberry, had traveled from her home in Bergland, MI to Mellen, WI on the evening of Thursday, May 24 to attend the “Mellen Jam” music festival. Jody’s sister was concerned because the festival had ended and Jody had not returned home, nor had she contacted the family.
View attachment 135167
Preliminary information indicated that Jody traveled to the festival with a male companion, and the two became separated, with the last alleged contact with Jody being around noon on Saturday, May 26th.

Jody is described as a white female, 5’03” tall, 115 lbs, with long brown hair, several missing teeth, a skin tag on her nose, and usually wearing wire rimmed glasses.

“Mellen Jam” is a yearly event held on Memorial Day weekend on forested private property on Gilgen Road, just north of Mellen. The property is located next to a large area of densely forested and extremely rugged terrain.

An initial search of the property and adjacent area was performed by deputies of the Ashland County Sheriff’s Office followed by an expanded search by the Sawyer County Search and Rescue K-9 unit throughout the evening and night, with nothing found.

At this time, there is no indication of Jody’s whereabouts. The investigation is ongoing and additional expanded searches are planned in conjunction all other available options to locate her. Anyone having contact with Jody since Thursday, especially at the “Mellen Jam” party and afterwards is urged to contact the Ashland County Sheriff’s Office immediately at (715) 682-7023 (Option 1).
View attachment 135166
Ashland County Sheriff's Office

I hope she will be found safe and able to go home to her family.
I never really realised just how many people go missing (and this is mostly USA
here) every day. What must the number be world wide?

The name of the "jam" she went to has a FB page. It has a post about her missing. It also has the moniker of the guy she went there with. It's the very first post on the page. Odd moniker.
In the same FB page on May 28th, the guy she went there with is posting that he went there with her and she went missing. D-jM initials.

And after looking at his page I completely understand his moniker now!!

I’ve been reading about this. I have several questions for the companion but I’m not sure he would be amenable to questions. I hope she is found soon, her family is so worried.

She had been seen with a companion at the festival, which was reportedly attended by fewer than 100 people.

The initial response included an extensive aerial search as investigators said Newberry was missing, possibly under circumstances indicating she was endangered or had been harmed.

Her son said a few days after she went missing, "She always, always had things that meant something to her everywhere she went, and as far as we know, she took nothing. No water, no clothes, no wallet, nothing."

Newberry's last contact with the Bessemer male companion that Saturday in the heavily wooded area, near a river, was around noon. Initial reports said they somehow became separated.

Family still seeks information on missing Bergland woman

This article is from August 24, but I don’t see it posted yet.

Sherriff: All leads exhausted in search for missing woman

The Ashland County Sheriff told WAOW-TV that the department has "exhausted all leads" in Newberry's case. Crews have used search dogs and drones and a flyover search. They will continue to search near Mellen again in a couple of months when the leaves fall off the trees.

She has multiple arrests on in public records in Wisconsin relating to drug charges (and other felonies). The music site had a river running through it. She either was a victim of a crime due to the people she hung out with or she ended up in the river accidentally. I feel for her children.

Still missing...

Where is Jody Newberry? Part two

There have been few leads in the case of 54-year-old Jody Newberry. Her sister, Melodee Messersmith says the Bergland woman went to the Mellen Jam a music festival in Mellen, Wisconsin and never came home.

Melodee says the man she went to the music festival with keeps on changing the story on when he last saw Jody. In messages exchanged with Melodee on the Facebook Page she created, 'Jody Lynn Newberry Where Are You?' she explains that she dropped Jody off at man's house and they were seen on camera at Walmart buying items.

Melodee says at one point, the man said he was never at the festival but allegedy, there is a picture of the two of them there together. She goes on to say that the man then said he was at the festival with a couple of different variations of when the last time he saw Jody was.

"Deep down I think he knows something," said Melodee. "Because at first he said she wasn't with him and then I had a photo saying yeah she was there with you. And then he sais she was there with him and then the story has changed. I feel he hold the key."

Melodee says the man has been questioned by police but nothing came out from that. At this point, the family is lost in the dark, desperate to know what happened leading to Jody's disapearence.

"Jody, if you're out there, we love you," said Melodee. "We miss you terribly. Mom and Dad are gone now. You're gone now, it's only Rhoda and I. We need you. Your children need you. Your youngest daughter is going to graduate this year. You have brand new grand babbies that you haven't seen. They want to be with you. We need you home. If somebody out there as her or knows of anything it's time to come forward. We need to put closure to this. If it was your sister, child, daughter, you would want to know. It's time to come forward and let us have peace."

Jody is described as a white female with brown hair and brown eyes. She's five feet, three inches, weighing 115 pounds. She has a nose skin tag, several missing teeth. She was last seen wearing glasses and a hodded sweatshirt.

Anyone with information on Jody's wherabouts should call the Ashland, Wisconsin County Sheriff's Office at 715-682-7023.

I agree with the sister, that man, has answers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back