WI - John Orlando for abusing 20yo woman, Muskego, 2007

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Mysticchic, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Mysticchic

Mysticchic Former Member

MUSKEGO, Wis. -- A senior at Muskego High School burned his girlfriend with a cigarette, choked her until she vomited and threatened to cut her into pieces, prosecutors alleged Wednesday.

John Orlando, 17, is being held in the Waukesha County Jail on a $1 million bail, and news of his arrest is raising eyebrows all over Muskego.

http://www.wisn.com/news/14054266/d...tml=mil_4pm&tmi=mil_4pm_1_04000209062007&ts=H

2. Loading...

3. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

You can say that again, Mysticchic. I'm impressed with the bail amount. Hopefully they are tough on him.

4. Mysticchic

Mysticchic Former Member

I just hope they charge him as an adult.

5. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

Wow that is some serious abuse.

6. hipmamajen

hipmamajen I love the friends I have gathered together on thi

That is awfully serious. I'm glad to see they're treating it as such.

I have to complain about something in the article that is completely unrelated to anything that's actually important, though.

From the article: She told police Orlando spoke to her in the third person, saying "We are going to kill you," and said she wondered if he was hearing voices.

Actually, that would still be the first person, but he was using the plural form. Speaking to her in the third person would be something like saying, "I am going to kill her," to her. Like in The Silence of the Lambs when he said to the senator's daughter, "It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."

Normally I'm not a big stickler for grammar, especially on the internet, but this person is a journalist and should know this sort of thing.

7. GlitchWizard

GlitchWizard Reprobate

Just last night my daughter told me of a boy she knows whose girlfriend is terrified of him. She "loves" him, but he threatens to smack her around and such. My daughter's advice to the girl was "If he actually does it instead of just threatens it, call me."

I thought that was dumb advice. I think the girl should be all over the parents of this boy, and tell her own parents. Ditch the boy (after telling) and inform the school that this happened and to keep herself from being around him alone. This could be her, soon.

8. ljwf22

ljwf22 Reality continues to ruin my life.

People magazine had an article in last week's issue (with Owen Wilson on the cover) about teen dating violence. It was scary.

9. GlitchWizard

GlitchWizard Reprobate

Love yourself more than your boyfriend - can we teach that in preschool?

10. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

I dont know but I started with my kids already, my son has been taught since he was very small not to hit a girl. I hope I can bring my daughters up to know that they are better than that and do NOT have to put up with someone being abusive to them in any way.

11. GlitchWizard

GlitchWizard Reprobate

As he gets older - don't forget to add "unless she hits you first." I've seen some pretty evil teenage girls in my daughter's school!

12. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

I hope they charge him as an adult, he is 17; and weighs 200 lbs more than his girlfriend. Imagine the damage he could do if she wanted to leave him? It sounds like possessiveness and he is a control freak.

13. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

October 2008 - sentenced to 2 years prison and 5 years probation:

http://m.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/32434529.html

14. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

July 2011:

http://patch.com/wisconsin/muskego/muskego-woman-overdosed-at-same-home-where-2007-tortuf62ec83416