GUILTY WI - Julie Jensen, 40, dies of antifreeze poisoning, Pleasant Prairie, 3 Dec 1998 *husband guilty*

This guy... I can't even believe it. ALL that evidence on his computer of him being the one who harassed his wife, too. Jesus. What a piece of work. I don't have words.
Oh, I have the words, I'm just not allowed to use them here. So I'll just say:

BAM! BAM! (Banging a gavel)

GUIILTY!

NEXT!

Every time I tune in to catch bits of this trial it seems so lethargic. Now the prosecutor is having her psychologist read Julie’s form she filled out. It’s so hard to follow cause he’s having trouble reading it.

I am new to this case. I am the same age as David, so I was too young to know anything about it. I've been following the retrial and am fascinated by the level of evidence against Mark Jensen. IMO the evidence is overwhelming, and he is guilty. However, I'm floored to see one of his children will testify on his behalf. For those following the case for a while, is this a new development, or have the kids always maintained their support for Mark?

I am new to this case. I am the same age as David, so I was too young to know anything about it. I've been following the retrial and am fascinated by the level of evidence against Mark Jensen. IMO the evidence is overwhelming, and he is guilty. However, I'm floored to see one of his children will testify on his behalf. For those following the case for a while, is this a new development, or have the kids always maintained their support for Mark?
I didn't follow the first trial, but during the past few weeks I've watched some of the 2008 trial testimony on CourtTV TRIAL ARCHIVES - WI V. JENSEN (2008):

Son David didn't testify in 2008, but his friend Eric Schoor and Eric's mother Laura Schoor testified.
Testimony from David in this current trial will be interesting. It seems that it will be difficult to come up with a reasonably favorable explanation of his comments to friend Eric just prior to Julie's death.

Jan 12, 2023
Testimony on Thursday began with Eric Schoor, the best friend of Jensen's son, David Jensen.
Schoor said David told him that his mother, Julie Jensen, was very sick and his father wouldn't take her to the hospital.
Schoor demonstrated the heavy breathing David did when explaining his mother's health.

January 12, 2023
The day before Julie Jensen died, Eric Schoor was supposed to go to the Jensen house after school.
"David called our house in the morning before school, and Eric answered phone and talked to Eric directly and asked if he could come to our house after school instead of Eric going to their house after school," said Laura Schoor, Eric's mother.
Laura Schoor said her son told her about the conversation he had with David Jensen. She called police after Julie Jensen died.

Jan 12, 2023
Eric Schoor, the best friend of the Jensen’s oldest son David Jensen, said he would hang out at the Jensen household every other Wednesday after school.
Schoor said David Jensen was normally a “very positive and energetic kid” but in the days before his mother’s death he seemed “grave” and “worried.”
At the time, Schoor said David Jensen told him that his mother was sick and his father declined to take her to the hospital for care. Schoor said David Jensen mimicked his mother’s strained breathing for him while at school in the days before her death.

Jambois is on fire right now with the expert witness on the stand. Defense is twitching in their seats trying to slow down his momentum. He’s hammering the expert! I don’t know why expert witnesses think they can get smart with prosecutors! The prosecutor does this every day! Just answer the question as directly and simply as possible. Otherwise the prosecutor will make you look like a hired gun. Which you are anyways let’s be real! It’s the battle of the egos between experts and prosecutors!

Can I just say how much I hate experts in trials? I think their use needs to be significantly reduced. Their rates keep going up, up, and up and the only result is the truth is obfuscated. They are like vultures in the system. It’s gross.

This current witness is testifying about witness credibility and the victim having committed suicide. No reasonable person can look at the facts and say this was a suicide. Being depressed or upset doesn’t mean you’re about to commit suicide! She was in an abusive marriage that was spiraling out of control. But for $400/hour….

Now she’s saying the victim didn’t reach out for help about being poisoned so she must not have wanted to be rescued….so suicide.

Jambois END THIS!!!!

IIRC, the boys wrote a victim impact statement supporting their dad after his conviction. When you consider Kelly LaBonte was willing to continue to date and marry Jensen apparently without questioning Julie's untimely death you get an idea how good he must be at manipulating people. I don't know what his sister will testify to in this trial, but I recall her saying she warned her best friend Julie that she (Julie) had no idea what Jensen was capable of. Jensen has had a lot of years to play the victim for his sons.

IIRC, the boys wrote a victim impact statement supporting their dad after his conviction. When you consider Kelly LaBonte was willing to continue to date and marry Jensen apparently without questioning Julie's untimely death you get an idea how good he must be at manipulating people. I don't know what his sister will testify to in this trial, but I recall her saying she warned her best friend Julie that she (Julie) had no idea what Jensen was capable of. Jensen has had a lot of years to play the victim for his sons.
His sister didn't seem particularly honest, I'm not sure if she came off to the jury that way. She said she had no idea Julie's death was being investigated until long after she died, and that's why she never spoke to the police, who called her right afterwards. She lived locally, and she was taking care of the kids - I mean, it had to be in the paper?
She also said she hadn't met Mark's girlfriend (soon to be wife) who was at his son's birthday party a few weeks after his wife died. You'd probably remember that. She had the now deceased wife were supposedly friends?

His sister didn't seem particularly honest, I'm not sure if she came off to the jury that way. She said she had no idea Julie's death was being investigated until long after she died, and that's why she never spoke to the police, who called her right afterwards. She lived locally, and she was taking care of the kids - I mean, it had to be in the paper?
She also said she hadn't met Mark's girlfriend (soon to be wife) who was at his son's birthday party a few weeks after his wife died. You'd probably remember that. She had the now deceased wife were supposedly friends?
I was disgusted that she would call herself Julie's best friend MOO.

Don't know if you guys already know about this website dedicated to her or not but it has tons of info. and pictures. ** Oursisterjulie.com **
Awwww I was looking at the old posts for the last trial and came across this .. such a lovely way to make sure people know how many great traits Julie had. She sounds like such an amazing person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back