Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Feb 5, 2019.

1. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

8paws, kirkassoc, GarAndTeed and 4 others like this.
  2. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

Update:
    MAY 28, 2019 | 10:27 AM EDT
    “[SBM]

Shamwatie Loutan, 48, took her own life at about 1:20 a.m. behind her Rosedale residence, with first responders pronouncing her dead at the charred scene behind the residence at 147th Drive near 257th St., cops said.

[SBM]

‘She had a heart of gold,’ said the victim’s daughter, speaking through tears with the Daily News. ‘She put God first and her children above everything else and she meant well. And her dreams and her goals were to see us aspire.’

Loutan felt into a funk as she awaited the final signoff on her marital split. But the daughter was stunned by her mother’s middle-of-the-night suicide.

‘It was just out of nowhere,’ she said. ‘I’m feeling a feeling I’ve never felt.’

A man coming out of Loutan’s former home on E. 183rd St. confirmed ‘she was depressed’ but declined to say anything more about the victim.

[SBM]”
    Depressed Queens woman in failing marriage dies in fiery suicide behind her home, according to police and neighbors

Rest in Peace, Shamwatie.

3. Via Marple

Via Marple Here to learn how devious minds work

I know this has been a sticky point all along, as well as the time lapse before the fire took hold.

Who knows, all kinds of possibilities. Maybe she was taking a smoke and the cigarettes were inside the glove box.

Or simply, she was in the passenger seat because she was a passenger, and someone else was driving.

4. Via Marple

She was there for everyone, but no one was there for her. Recipe for depression, and no one would have noticed.

I wonder how she started the fire?

8paws, crhedBngr, GarAndTeed and 6 others like this.
  5. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

Maybe she was removed from the trunk, where she had been placed after her murder? That car could have traveled anywhere for the 9ish hours she is unaccounted for . . .

8paws, kirkassoc, GarAndTeed and 11 others like this.
  6. Via Marple

If I were to stage this, I would remember to put the victim's body on the driver seat... But then I must be a psychopath to think so clearly:eek:

7. Detectivediva

Detectivediva Well-Known Member

You aren't that much of a psychopath...you didn't remember the most important part. You also have to adjust the seat to where the victim would comfortably drive the vehicle. Real psychopath murderers often forget this for some reason. They apparently don't watch as much tv as I do.

8. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

Maybe the person didn’t care (or think that far).

Via Marple and Hazelnutty like this.
  9. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

Hi inmyhumbleopinion,
    Thanks for sharing. Such a sad story. Committing suicide in this manner would be such a long and excruciating way to die. I wonder how many people have committed suicide this way. It seems like it would be fairly rare. MOO

8paws, kirkassoc, GarAndTeed and 3 others like this.
  10. Damarna

Damarna Well-Known Member

I've read and re-read this... And I cannot bring myself to think she did it to herself. But nothing really makes sense!

Alcina, 8paws, Kittybunny and 14 others like this.
  11. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Bump for Liz, and especially for her family!

12. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

Someone set themselves on fire in DC the other day. Suicide by Fire is a possibility and the likely outcome here.
    If it was a raging gang that ran her off the road, LE would likely have some sort of evidence for that. But theres pretty much a less than 1% chance that is what happened imo. It's easy to create and blame perceived enemies based on stereotypes, but its hard to face the reality that self harm is not only common but often unexplained and unpredictable.

13. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

14. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

This poor woman did not commit suicide. They need to find who did this.

MsArk, kirkassoc, GarAndTeed and 7 others like this.
  15. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

How can police find out “who did it” if there is no sign of anything being done?

16. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

This has probably moved to a declaration of "undetermined cause" by the medical examiner, which leads LE to close the case.
    Every possible manner of death has strong possibilities but none can be proven. The ME can't determine suicide, for ex., just because no other manner can be proven. They can't put a cause of death on a certificate simply because no other means can be proven.
    There likely to be no closure for the family, LE, or websleuthers.

Tripod, kirkassoc, GarAndTeed and 7 others like this.
  17. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

Well, that's what they have to look for. It's their job to investigate.

uwmadison likes this.
  18. blankenship

blankenship Well-Known Member

They've been doing that since February.

19. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Invesitgating can’t uncover evidence that isn’t there. I feel sure they are doing what they can, but it may well be impossible to say with any certainty what happened that day.

20. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

The odds of someone else doing this and leaving 0 clues at all is much much much less than her doing it to herself (thus no clues of other person)