Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

I think LE is withholding info to ensure a conviction. I would think they’ve let the family know that. The family is likely quiet because they know something we don’t and are satisfied with LEs investigation thus far. These young men have careers and families to keep them busy. If their Mom was still missing, no doubt they’d be very vocal and the case would have more publicity. There really isn’t anything the family can do except support LEs efforts. I still don't believe it’s suicide.

Ita!

This family is leaving it up to LE, and trust them to find out what really happened to their mother, and wife.

Imo, there is no reason for them to speak out publicly after already doing so. They certainly aren't the type to come out, and criticize the investigation.

Imo, LE is continuing to communicate with the family, and that's all that really matters. The family knows it may be a hard case to solve. I think they are very understanding, and logical minded people.

Imo

I think LE is withholding info to ensure a conviction. I would think they’ve let the family know that. The family is likely quiet because they know something we don’t and are satisfied with LEs investigation thus far. These young men have careers and families to keep them busy. If their Mom was still missing, no doubt they’d be very vocal and the case would have more publicity. There really isn’t anything the family can do except support LEs efforts. I still don't believe it’s suicide.
Amen!

Do you find it prudent that LE would allow a murderer and arsonist to roam free until trial? What reason could they possibly have to willingly endanger the populace of at least two states by doing so?

Do you find it prudent that LE would allow a murderer and arsonist to roam free until trial? What reason could they possibly have to willingly endanger the populace of at least two states by doing so?

They would be arrested long before a trial. A Prosecutor wants as much evidence as possible before an arrest is made. Because once an arrest is made, the judicial clock starts ticking. And the time he would have to investigate and obtain evidence is severly limited.

In my opinion, she was the only target. In the perps mind, mission accomplished. Therefore, no danger to anyone else. This is a complex crime to solve but I do not believe it is unsolvable. The perp will become over confident and cocky, make a mistake, let something slip, raise suspicions, etc. LE is biding their time and will be well prepared to nail the perp to a wall when the time comes.

Send us a sign Kathleen so we can help you rest easy.

I think LE has a suspicion on who may have done it and are waiting for the person to let their guard drop. Until then, case will remain open.

The case may be open, but I don't think LE is still actively investigating the case.
Unless this person makes a confession or confides in someone that informs LE and new evidence can be obtained it's doubtful anyone is getting arrested anytime soon.

Like LE said there is no evidence to suggest that anyone did this to Kathleen (paraphrasing)

JMO

LE has said or done nothing as far as I can tell to show that they believe she was murdered, much less have a suspect, imo.
I completely agree. I also can see how those that think that she'd never commit suicide in this manner could come to that conclusion.

I've tried hard to understand it myself... I've went as far as reading on a 'pro choice' suicide forum...where it's acceptable to discuss self harm methods and get advice without judgement. I was hoping that she might've posted on there and I thought that might shed some light. The forum is anonymous but most people leave clues, etc. For example if she had posted, she might've complained about her teaching job or issues with her husband.

TBH this hasn't helped me understand. I didn't find any evidence of Kathleen posting on the site. In addition, the troubled people on the forum think self immolation is nuts. If I didn't have a friend who used this method I'd have a hard time believing it myself but from what LE has said (and hasn't said) I really so think that's what happened unfortunately.

Might I ask why?

Suppose LE declares this to have been a suicide. Will you not believe them?

What do you think happened -- based on what we know?

Others who share kay74's opinion -- I'd be interested in your answers to these questions as well.

Thanks.
I believe someone got into her car in a parking lot, perhaps and did this to her.

I believe someone got into her car in a parking lot, perhaps and did this to her.
Why would this have been done? Was it planned? Other than her disappearance, do we know anything that suggests this is what took place?

Honestly I don't know what happened here. It's truly a mystery, but I really do not think it was suicide. I know we've been over it and over it and over it but I just don't see her setting her car on fire to kill herself, my mind just won't let me go there. If LE says it was a suicide I won't think they are lying per se, just that they didn't have enough (any???) evidence to say it was homicide so they landed on suicide.
Same as the Danniella Vian case- LE is thinking this was an accident, she accidentally drove completely out of the way and drove herself through a windy neighborhood, straight off a boat ramp, and died in a submerged car that wasn't found for like 9 months. I'm not buying it. I don't think they're lying, but I don't think they're digging hard enough or looking at the right places/people.

Honestly I don't know what happened here. It's truly a mystery, but I really do not think it was suicide. I know we've been over it and over it and over it but I just don't see her setting her car on fire to kill herself, my mind just won't let me go there. If LE says it was a suicide I won't think they are lying per se, just that they didn't have enough (any???) evidence to say it was homicide so they landed on suicide.
Same as the Danniella Vian case- LE is thinking this was an accident, she accidentally drove completely out of the way and drove herself through a windy neighborhood, straight off a boat ramp, and died in a submerged car that wasn't found for like 9 months. I'm not buying it. I don't think they're lying, but I don't think they're digging hard enough or looking at the right places/people.
Good answer. And LE certainly is not unprone to error.

Still, I think we don't quite realize that, while uncommon, death by fire in a structure which affords privacy is not at all unheard of.

Is it something about this particular victim which makes it less easy to accept? In the long list someone linked way earlier in this or last thread, I read through, and all sorts of people, teachers included, folks with family, church-goers, etc., etc., succumbed to depression and used this method.

That's the part I don't quite get -- those who base their opinion on Kathleen "not seeming the type."

God rest her soul. Whatever the case, this is sad, and tragic.

That she wa murdered like this is more unbelievable to me, somehow, than suicide. People do both, of course...but murder, not taking the car, etc...does not seem to add up, unless there is an obvious suspect in her life, which, seemingly, there is not. Jmo

In giving this thought after not thinking about this case for awhile, it seems there would be easier (less painful) ways to end your life. If it was suicide, the timing and the place don't really make sense. I also think that if it was suicide, she'd have had all her ducks in a row.

In giving this thought after not thinking about this case for awhile, it seems there would be easier (less painful) ways to end your life. If it was suicide, the timing and the place don't really make sense. I also think that if it was suicide, she'd have had all her ducks in a row.
Ducks?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back