Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I believe this was a random crime is because of the distance from KR's home but also because she was found in the opposite direction from her final destination. I think the killer was very familiar with the area where her car was found. KR had no reason to know the area. The crimes that happened close to your home were both personal crimes of domestic violence.

I think if KR had someone with a personal grudge--such as a former student she helped kick-out of school-- they would have abducted and killed her much closer to her home. The Creighton murders happened in nice homes in nice areas of Omaha, NE. The killer turned out to be a disgruntled doctor with a grudge against his former "teachers" who kicked him out of the Creighton's residency program. He waited years between the murders. LE did an incredibly stellar job solving it.

JMO

You could be right. It is odd she was found so far from home. But I actually feel like this just seems so personal to me, to die in such a horrible manner. We just don’t know what happened between Milwaukee and Gurnee. It is a strange case.

Do those who live in the area agree with me about how bad traffic on 94 is due to construction? Sometimes Waze takes me on 41 for a bit.

Not sure where there is any construction between where she would have exited onto 41 and Gurnee. I just took 94 from just north of the border to Grand Ave. (132) in Gurnee last week, and there was no construction, and there is none between Grand and 21 where she would have exited. Unless I am forgetting something.

I think the construction being referred to is in Wisconsin closer to the Racine area. Is that what you’re thinking of MeJane00?

It's obvious the original poster is saying it is not gang related.

Thank you for your post! I'm pleased to see that somebody thinks I clearly stated that Kathleen was not in a gang!

All I ever intended to do was explain that in spite of Kathleen being found under very similar circumstances to the man apparently murdered by gang members, I did not think Kathleen was murdered by one or more gang members.
MOO.
I apologize if my post was the cause of confusion and derailment.

I think the construction being referred to is in Wisconsin closer to the Racine area. Is that what you’re thinking of MeJane00?
yes. There are only two lanes open going both ways, and it is really hard to drive. You have to stay in your lane for a long time. When I head from Chicago to Milwaukee, Waze takes me on 41 and I get on around Gurnee though. It would be interesting is Waze takes people on 41 when headed south. It has not for me but could be the time of day and day of week.

Honestly I think all the route discussion is interesting, but this wasn’t her first game to attend. She drove that route often according to articles and statements that’s how her boys knew it wasn’t her normal path. I would imagine she would not even need directions to get there.

I’d like to look at all statements from neighbor to determine if they truly saw Kathleen or just her car leaving.

This is not personal. No One is going to go through that to kill someone. Maybe I'm not thinking right but If she was 12 miles from her normal route could LE go back 12 miles and see where that point is? Check all gas station cameras and their receipts around the area she left from to get to this point.
Above BBM
Media reports and Websleuths provide many examples of murderers who went to great lengths to stage murders, transport bodies, conceal bodies and destroy bodies. If a murderer intended to distance him/herself from a murder, in both geography and motive, neither a staged car jacking and fire nor a hundred mile drive would be too inconvenient if it meant avoiding life in prison. JMO.
I thought from the beginning that the strange location of the car fire, the body burned beyond recognition and Kathleen's unaccounted for ten hours between leaving home and being found deceased looked like a staged car jacking to cover a murder, likely a personal murder. MOO.

Thank you for your post! I'm pleased to see that somebody thinks I clearly stated that Kathleen was not in a gang!

All I ever intended to do was explain that in spite of Kathleen being found under very similar circumstances to the man apparently murdered by gang members, I did not think Kathleen was murdered by one or more gang members.
MOO.
I apologize if my post was the cause of confusion and derailment.

I totally got it. I am used to metaphors. It seems like some people are concrete thinkers and may not grasp abstract ideas.

It always amazes when people don’t get it

Honestly I think all the route discussion is interesting, but this wasn’t her first game to attend. She drove that route often according to articles and statements that’s how her boys knew it wasn’t her normal path. I would imagine she would not even need directions to get there.

I’d like to look at all statements from neighbor to determine if they truly saw Kathleen or just her car leaving.

I bring up the route when I see it discussed, because I drive to and from Milwaukee and Chicago area often. For over a year, the major construction in Wisconsin just outside of Milwaukee headed south has been a big topic. How to avoid, etc. Even though she knew the route, she could check map apps to see if anything major is going on. I'm her age and I use waze even on short trips I drive every day because it makes me aware of major traffic issues.

Good point about seeing her, or her car. The news reports all said it was a car she drives, or something like that. They never said definitely it was her car. So I always assumed it was a family car that her and her husband shared and used interchangeably.

Also, just a thought, if I have all afternoon to get somewhere an hour away, and traffic can be an issue, I would look to do errands and or lunch out close to my destination - waste time closer to the event so I am not late. If she left around noon-ish, worse case she would get to the game around 1:30 -2:00. Game was at 4:30, she probably wanted to get there at 4. So, that gives her 2 hours to shop, eat, get gas, etc. I don't think anyone would gas up in Illinois, taxes are lower in Wisconsin and I think you know to get gas in Wisconsin.

Personally, I would not really tell my family that I am stopping to get a shake from a fast food place, or get lunch at a one of a kind cheese shop right off the highway. For example, there is a great pizza place in Waukegan that I discovered. Not saying she would do this exact thing, but if I was going to be near Waukegan, it would not be unlike me to make time to stop in for a small pizza (by myself). My family would never think that I would do that - I'm sure they are checking everywhere though.

I bring up the route when I see it discussed, because I drive to and from Milwaukee and Chicago area often. For over a year, the major construction in Wisconsin just outside of Milwaukee headed south has been a big topic. How to avoid, etc. Even though she knew the route, she could check map apps to see if anything major is going on. I'm her age and I use waze even on short trips I drive every day because it makes me aware of major traffic issues.

Good point about seeing her, or her car. The news reports all said it was a car she drives, or something like that. They never said definitely it was her car. So I always assumed it was a family car that her and her husband shared and used interchangeably.

Also, just a thought, if I have all afternoon to get somewhere an hour away, and traffic can be an issue, I would look to do errands and or lunch out close to my destination - waste time closer to the event so I am not late. If she left around noon-ish, worse case she would get to the game around 1:30 -2:00. Game was at 4:30, she probably wanted to get there at 4. So, that gives her 2 hours to shop, eat, get gas, etc. I don't think anyone would gas up in Illinois, taxes are lower in Wisconsin and I think you know to get gas in Wisconsin.

Personally, I would not really tell my family that I am stopping to get a shake from a fast food place, or get lunch at a one of a kind cheese shop right off the highway. For example, there is a great pizza place in Waukegan that I discovered. Not saying she would do this exact thing, but if I was going to be near Waukegan, it would not be unlike me to make time to stop in for a small pizza (by myself). My family would never think that I would do that - I'm sure they are checking everywhere though.

I have a similar experience in that I travel the same route, have my fav gas station stop. Construction ends around Kenosha so I can’t imagine she would have hopped over to Hwy41 unless there was an accident and a back-up (or she avoided tolls ~ who knows as the first toll is close to the State line).

I do recall that Saturday was a major warm-up after the Polar Vortex. Everyone had been locked inside for days so maybe there was a lot of traffic that Saturday as people were catching up on errands / shopping.

(Edit for grammar)

Seems they're stymied.

What would you pick right now as an answer?

• murdered by someone unknown to her
• murdered by someone known
• death by vehicle malfunction
• death by misadventure
• suicide

My point with that question was: was she taken in her car by someone else as early as from her home? They did say it was her and her car. I’m just wondering if the neighbor saw Kathleen or JUST Kathleen’s car and assumed she was driving. Make sense?

Also, found her Facebook page and she goes by her maiden name there. Has that been the case since before her death?

My point with that question was: was she taken in her car by someone else as early as from her home? They did say it was her and her car. I’m just wondering if the neighbor saw Kathleen or JUST Kathleen’s car and assumed she was driving. Make sense?

Also, found her Facebook page and she goes by her maiden name there. Has that been the case since before her death?
I think that has been her facebook name for some time. People say teachers sometimes use their maiden name on social media. She was known to her current students as Ms. Ryan.

Seems they're stymied.

• death by misadventure
• suicide

1. or 2. I was strongly 100% in the unknown camp initially, but now, I just don’t know.

I don’t think the police are stymied. I think they’re busy collecting evidence to nail someone.

Seems they're stymied.

• death by misadventure
• suicide
A combo of the first two. Someone known to her with an accomplice unknown to her for that element of surprise. Rage & vindictiveness after domestic violence combined with public humiliation as the motive. Poor woman, spent her life giving to others only to have it snuffed out in such an angry violent manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam