Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damarna

Damarna Well-Known Member

Bumping. What on earth happened to Kathleen?!

2. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

Agreed. Still haven’t changed my mind about the perp either. It makes perfect sense to me that the family is quiet too.

3. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

Found this... son dedicating basketball season to mom. Not one word about cause, but maybe that could be telling in a way... No outrage for justice?

When Coach told us, 'My mom would have wanted me to come back and coach and do this for you all,' we were like, 'We got to do this for his mom. We can't let him down,’ " Wilson recalled. “So we went out and won him a regional championship. We came up short for sectionals, but that's our coach. If he has to go through something like that, we got to stick with him.”

Wins and losses aside, Ryan said he will always cherish the 2018-19 team for how the Corsairs helped his family through a difficult time.

“They rallied around me and my brother, and I told them I will never in my life forget what you guys did in the last month,” Ryan said. “That speaks to the character of all these guys.

“I can’t thank them enough.”
    Carmel's emotional season ends with loss to DePaul Prep in 3A sectional semis

4. GarAndTeed

GarAndTeed Well-Known Member

I don't buy self harm, either...can't explain why, but it doesn't work for me. Could be wrong, JMO.

Frannie, Laughing, kirkassoc and 9 others like this.
  5. Eleanor Rigby

Eleanor Rigby Well-Known Member

I've been checking the Lake County, IL government site for an updated press release from the sheriff, or the report of the "preliminary cause of death" by Dr. Howard Cooper, the coroner, but I have not found either. I, too, think it's odd that a case that got a lot of press coverage in the first few weeks has not gotten any follow up since in regard to her cause of death, or even a short article to reassure the public that there is still a police investigation taking place. The only articles I've seen are about her sons and the basketball team they coach.

6. ❤️61

❤️61 Member

Does Lake County government have an obligation to release any more information to the public? I am wondering what the law if concerning a death that was suspicious. If the family asks not to have it made public, is that respected?

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thinking of Kathleen and her family tonight.

8. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I suppose LE might honor such a request, but right now it is making it seem as though L.e is not investigating at all, which is not a good look. They should say one way or another whether the death investigation is closed or ongoing. And if open, why not asking for tips, video, etc...very strange.

9. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

Is this a cold case now!?

kirkassoc and GarAndTeed like this.
  10. PayrollNerd

Lake County IL Sheriffs Office Facebook post on 2/2/19:
    **Warren Township Death Investigation**

On February 2, 2019, at approximately 9:50PM, Lake County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched to an address in the 36500 block of North Route 41, Warren Township, for a report of a vehicle on fire. Gurnee Firefighters arrived and extinguished the fire.

After the fire was extinguished, firefighters and sheriff’s deputies observed a badly burned body inside the vehicle. Notification was made to the Lake County Coroner’s Office and coroner’s staff responded to the scene.

An inspection of the vehicle revealed it had been previously driven by a woman reported as missing from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Identification of the body located inside the car has not yet been confirmed.

The investigation into this incident remains ongoing by the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, Lake County Coroner’s Office, and Office of the State Fire Marshal.

Further information will be released as it becomes available.

Lake County IL Sheriff's Office

Alcina, AnnaGrace, Quiet Time and 5 others like this.
  11. PayrollNerd

Attached is the Lake County IL Sheriffs Office Facebook post where they’ve confirmed KRs identity.
    It’s been 8+ weeks and if there was anything left to test, we should be hearing about it. It could be since the body was so damaged its taking longer. Hoping they are quietly investigating and the family has answers soon.

Attached Files:

Razz, TatianaBarbie, Alcina and 12 others like this.
  12. PayrollNerd

As we go into Easter week these grandchildren must be missing their grandmother so much.

Who did this to you Kathleen? Send us a sign so your family can know peace.

13. LarkBunting

LarkBunting Well-Known Member

I think of Kathleen & her family daily & hope for justice. What is with the total silence?

14. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

I hope and pray this case is eventually (sooner rather than later) solved. This happened, apparently, in broad daylight. I feel that beautiful little car she was driving may have been a magnet for low lifes looking to target a lone female. JMO, of course. This just sounds so much like the Elvia Fragstein case. She was kidnapped by two thugs in broad daylight in front of TJ Maxx. Her body found later and her car burned. The cameras helped catch her killer. I am hoping/praying that LE has checked all stores and gas stations she may have stopped at (she usually brought treats for her grandchildren's teams) on her way to that game. She had to stop somewhere for the thugs to get at her, unless they somehow forced her off the road (that would, of course, be out of camera range most likely).

This case just haunts me. I have a daughter near her age who attends grandkid's games. These thugs don't work so are constantly, daily, out looking for victims, IMO.

Razz, AnnaGrace, LarkBunting and 5 others like this.
  15. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

I drive this stretch often and think of Kathleen. There are only “so many” exits between South Milwaukee and Gurnee. It’s unnerving to realize that any stop I make on that route could harbor a murderer, (still on the prowl) . . . At least that’s one possibility.

16. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

I really thought this would be solved quickly. Makes you wonder.

17. Hap

Hap Wisher & Dreamer

Remember the woman who went missing and was found in a drainage ditch? That was ruled a suicide, and hope this one is not also. Both very strange.

Itsmevkb, Alcina, kirkassoc and 2 others like this.
  18. OhThatVictoria

OhThatVictoria Well-Known Member

Was that the woman who wandered off and was missing for months in Southern WI?

19. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Cheryl DeBoer, Seattle, Wa. area. Still find that case baffling after all this time.

20. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

I know this was posted some time ago, but just in case thought I would point out, turns out the husband and step-daughter made up the story about the panhandlers and both have been arrested.

Aqua, TatianaBarbie, Razz and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.