GUILTY WI - Kayden Powell, 4 days, Beloit, 6 Feb 2014

is it odd to wake at 4:30am? Or normal perhaps with a new baby...

Not in my opinion.
You wake up when you don't hear the baby since most don't sleep through the night.
And if you are breastfeeding then you wake up when it's time to feed the baby.
Not to mention 6 days postpartum you are still bleeding and likely waking up to change your pads.

Not in my opinion.
You wake up when you don't hear the baby since most don't sleep through the night.
And if you are breastfeeding then you wake up when it's time to feed the baby.
Not to mention 6 days postpartum you are still bleeding and likely waking up to change your pads.

ITA w/you and AstroKitty. At only 5 days old, the little chap and his Mom don't have their rhythms down yet. Takes a while for the 2 of them to kind of figure things out. Right now, Mom would just be trying to tend to his needs and anticipate and adjust feedings.

is it odd to wake at 4:30am? Or normal perhaps with a new baby...

Completely normal. In fact, the first time your baby sleeps more than 1.5-2hours at a time, you wake up COMPLETELY startled and terrified only to rush to the baby to find he's still sound asleep.

Except Brianna rushed to him and he was GONE.
I can't even freaking imagine finding my newborn gone. :tears:

And if she is actually breastfeeding that makes this so much worse.
That's pretty impressive for a young Mom like her, I wasn't able to stick with breastfeeding.

I hope somebody has gotten her a really good pump... so that she can pump until he's home.
She's got to be in horrendous pain.

Gordon Severson ‏@GordonSeverson 1m

Waiting At Town Of Beloit Police Station For Possible Update On Missing Child Case Of 5-day-old Kayden Powell. Stay Tuned To Wkow. :please:

Except Brianna rushed to him and he was GONE.
I can't even freaking imagine finding my newborn gone. :tears:

And if she is actually breastfeeding that makes this so much worse.
That's pretty impressive for a young Mom like her, I wasn't able to stick with breastfeeding.

I hope somebody has gotten her a really good pump... so that she can pump until he's home.
She's got to be in horrendous pain.

Cannot imagine. I just can't.

I'm no expert in sleeping babies, but wouldn't a newborn baby cry (or at least make some noise) when being picked up out of a bassinet and carried away?

I find it hard to believe that someone could come into a room and snatch up a 5 day old baby while the mother and father are sleeping right there and make their way out of a unfamiliar house full of people and no one hears a thing.

JMO

I'm no expert in sleeping babies, but wouldn't a newborn baby cry (or at least make some noise) when being picked up out of a bassinet and carried away?

I find it hard to believe that someone could come into a room and snatch up a 5 day old baby while the mother and father are sleeping right there and make their way out of a unfamiliar house full of people and no one hears a thing.

JMO

It totally depends on the baby. I definitely think it's possible.
Many newborns are okay with anyone holding them and it's as they get a little older that they freak out.

Though I don't think the house had to be unfamiliar to the person either. I don't think this was a stranger.

Press conference in 1 hour. :please:
(Did they hold the last press conference there, wasn't it at the PD?)

http://www.wkow.com/category/210335/live-streaming-on-wkowcom

Dan Plutchak ‏@DanPlutchak 1m

6 p.m. Press conference
at town of Beloit police department about the missing baby. pic.twitter.com/VQaUPLR5vQ

Mary Jo Ola ‏@MaryJoOlaTV 2m

Town of Beloit PD will hold a press conference for media at Homeland Ct. at 6:00 PM.

My oldest son was quiet, slept through the night - the entire 9 yards (I just turned 17 when I had him). Best newborn! My youngest? You couldn't even breathe without him waking up. Now they are opposite.

This is just awful! I remember being a young mother with the world telling me I'd fail. I can't even imagine something like this happening when you had set out to do it all right. To be 5 days post delivery, the uterine cramps, the sore breasts, the hormones and this?! That poor young woman. I hope someone is comforting her. Every time her milk pains start it's a reminder there's no baby to feed.

Thanks for the presser links. I"m going to try and find a quiet area to catch this.

O/T but my 18 year old son' name is Kaden. This hits kinda close to home :( She's 1 year older than I was when I had my Kaden, but she's still a teen. It's rough enough without something like this happening.

PS: The meaning of the name Kaden is "fighter".

Thanks for the presser links. I"m going to try and find a quiet area to catch this.

O/T but my 18 year old son' name is Kaden. This hits kinda close to home :( She's 1 year older than I was when I had my Kaden, but she's still a teen. It's rough enough without something like this happening.

PS: The meaning of the name Kaden is "fighter".

I have a friend who also named her son that.
He was 2 pounds at birth... that's why they chose that name. :seeya:

I'd like to know what the situation is around the home.
On 2/6 the temp was between -3 and 5 degrees. Not the type of weather most people are hanging out at 4:30 in the morning.
From the videos, a lot of snow...footprints around the home?
Where were all the vehicles? If they were sitting outside, were they covered with snow or frost? Any of them appear to be driven in the middle of the night?
Any cameras close to the home around town? Who was walking or driving around that time of night in that frigid weather?
Is there a garage? Has that been searched along with the entire home and surrounding properties?
Babies don't just disappear.
either something bad happened and someone is covering it up, or if someone took the baby, who wanted a child or was jealous of them and their newborn?
With hundreds of "friends" on fb and twitter, they all knew about the baby with all the photos and comments. That is a lot of people to look at as suspects.
JMO

This one is on the way over to the press conference:

http://www.wisn.com/news/watch-wisn-12-news-at-500/-/9373668/23392518/-/127wn67/-/index.html

This station is live at the police station:

http://www.wkow.com/category/210335/live-streaming-on-wkowcom

This one has the link up too:

http://www.wqow.com/category/209855/live-streaming

This station covered the stolen violin before the stolen baby.
They also just said to go to Fox6now.com if you have information
and they will put you in touch with authorities! :thud:

http://fox6now.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Anne State ‏@annestate 1m

@FOX6JustinW reports family members were home when Beloit baby went missing. 1 person arrested on warrant, more 6pm pic.twitter.com/8bQejNhUZK

Well DUH... he's 5 days old, they didn't leave him home alone to fend for himself! :facepalm:

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/4-day-old-infant-missing-243962711.html - "There was no forced entry into the home."

I've watched the grandma's interview several times. http://www.wkow.com/category/135153/video-landing-page?clipId=9811744&autostart=true ~3 minute interview~

2:04, she mentions a strange girl suddenly coming around and claiming to be her daughter's sister. And moving Kayden and his parents to Colorado.

2:20, she says they got her daughter's stuff yesterday.

----

Hopefully Kayden will be brought home soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back