WI WI - Kayla Berg, 15, Wausau, 11 Aug 2009

I studied what has been posted on podcasts and am familiar with behavior. He would have taken her somewhere he was familiar with, places they partied, smoked, hunted. I just get a gut feeling she's not as far away as people think. Sounds strange. I doubt he took the time to bury her because he was allegely home by midnight and there was no report of his car having excessive mud or dirt on it although he had time to wash it. Dogs still had a hit on his vehicle. His clothes would have been super dirty etc... parents could have covered some of that up. But knowing people of this sort, they don't always bury an individual. Ted Bundy didnt bury his victims and would often revisit the places they were at.
There's so many places up here to hide a body where it could never be found for a hundred years if ever. And that's only if he disposed of it via burial. Although I do agree, they should recheck with friends to see if there were any party places he used to go in the woods. I always thought he took her further up north to throw off search groups. There's also a lot of old mine shafts in Forest County and heavily homesteaded land where there are many wells and

"She didn't own a cellular phone or a computer at the time of her disappearance and apparently didn't use the internet very much."

The above quote is from the last paragraph on Kayla's Charley Project page. It may be possible that her ex, MAM, let Kayla use his old phone to keep in contact with him since she didn't own a phone. He may have given her the phone the night before she disappeared when she visited his new residence. She had KJK drive her all the way to her ex's (MAM) new residence in Wausau. Maybe it was Kayla who attempted to use that phone the night she disappeared in an attempt to call for help. The police never did release whose numbers were called on MAM's old phone or whether the calls even went through.

How do you know if he actually took her to wausau. That's his story. Not the truth. She could be anywhere within an hour drive from home. He is not being completely truthful. I dont think the ex boyfriend had anything to do with it. Again gut feeling... she is somewhere, not buried but somewhere near water. He didnt or ran out of time. It is still somewheren he and Kayla are familiar with. He doesn't stray far from familiarity.

Aug. 11, 2022

ANTIGO, Wis. (WSAW) - Thirteen years have now passed since Kayla Berg seemingly vanished. Berg, who will turn 29-years-old later this month, was last seen on Aug. 11, 2009.
Antigo Police Chief Dan Duley said on the anniversary, “It’s a frustrating case to me.” He has been investigating her disappearance from the beginning.
“There’s really not a day that goes by that I don’t think about this case or there’s something that comes up with it,” he said. “So, it’s always on my mind, always this day is just a little harder because it is that anniversary date and it’s another year past that we don’t have the resolve finding where Kayla is at.”

The above quote is from the last paragraph on Kayla's Charley Project page. It may be possible that her ex, MAM, let Kayla use his old phone to keep in contact with him since she didn't own a phone. He may have given her the phone the night before she disappeared when she visited his new residence. She had KJK drive her all the way to her ex's (MAM) new residence in Wausau. Maybe it was Kayla who attempted to use that phone the night she disappeared in an attempt to call for help. The police never did release whose numbers were called on MAM's old phone or whether the calls even went through.
That signal was approximately 40 minutes north of Wausau. They completed searches in that area and found nothing.

WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. (WAOW) -- The start of gun deer season Saturday morning means a lot of hunters are heading into the wilderness, but they need to be on the lookout for more than just deer.

Authorities recommend hunters watch their path to see if there are any bodies in their spot in the woods that could be identified as missing people.

Hope Berg has been waiting for her proper closure since 2009, when her teenage daughter Kayla went missing, and has not been found yet.

"Since she disappeared, I've been grieving, and 13 years is a long time to grieve without being able to go through all the processes," Berg said.

Authorities are asking hunters to keep an eye out in the woods because of past trends.

"A lot of times, bodies, along with other items that are connected to crimes are found in wooded areas," said Scott Goldberg, an investigative lieutenant for the Wood County Sheriff's Department.

If you find something you're worried could be a body or an unmarked grave, note where it is and call 911 as soon as possible.

"Any time we find a body, whether they've died of natural causes, or they've died from suspicious circumstances, we would want to handle that situation like a crime scene," Goldberg said.

Does anyone have any coordinates they would like searched? I am 3 hours from Wausau and want to check out several areas when the snow thaws this spring. I can take a look at yours as well.

Does anyone have any coordinates they would like searched? I am 3 hours from Wausau and want to check out several areas when the snow thaws this spring. I can take a look at yours as well.
i do not know the coordinates but just chiming in to say i feel like they probably dumped her a bit farther away. just what i figure judging by the case and who we suspect.

Yes, IMO, 1017 East Wausau Ave, Wausau, where KK said he dropped Kayla off at. MM never allowed police to search the property. Also his step brother CL's house 3 doors down where Kayla had her going away party when she went to Texas. That house was never searched, either. IMO, that was Kayla's destination that night.

10071017.jpg

Bump for Kayla
1017 E. Wausau Ave, where K. K. said he dropped Kayla off, is now just an empty lot. I wonder if the police even bothered to search the party house property belonging to M. M. for any evidence before the house was torn down.

By typing in 1017 E. Wausau Ave, Wausau, into any search engine, a photo of the empty lot will show on all the local realtor's websites and in google images, along with other photos of the property. If I post any of the actual realtor's links, then advertising for the empty lot will come up on WS's. Do that if you'd like to see a recent photo of the empty lot. Hopefully, Kayla's disappearance will be solved one day.

Like all the rest, missing, but not forgotten.
1685069929746.jpeg

Last edited:

Kayla May Berg​

Updated: Jan 13, 2022
3704de_ddfb5776e2694e528850203526feeaad~mv2.png

Kayla was last seen on August 11th, 2009. Kayla was with her friend, Kevin J. Kielcheski, and they were driving around in Antigo, WI. It is alleged that they were smoking marijuana at the time. Sometime between 9pm and 10pm, Kevin said that he dropped her off at her boyfriend's house in Wausau, but he said that he did not see her go inside.

Kayla's parents were separated and they had an open living arrangement allowing Kayla and her brother to go back and forth between their parent's homes anytime they wanted. Because of their living arrangements, it was a few days before both parents realized that Kayla was not with the other, and Kayla was reported as missing.

Kayla's boyfriend has denied that he saw her on the day of her disappearance.

The house that Kayla was dropped off had been a condemned home with the occupants moving out while it was being renovated.

3704de_1a18aa8c4ac94a8eb41f8d1068646b0c~mv2.jpg

In October 2009, Kevin was arrested and charged with 2nd-degree reckless endangerment, related to the substance use with Kayla the night of her disappearance. In July, this charge was dismissed due to lack of evidence.

Kevin has not been charged, and has not been named as a suspect in Kayla's disappearance. He is no longer cooperating with law enforcement.

In May 2011, a search was conducted on Kevin's property, and items of interest were found. The Antigo police department stated that there was no indication that Kayla was on the property and will not disclose the items as they don't want to jeopardize the investigation.

Kayla's mother, Hope was interviewed by Dateline for the 10th anniversary of Kayla's disappearance. She said: "Somebody doesn’t just vanish off the face of the earth. I think something bad happened, but I don’t know for sure. Then there’s that hope and faith that she is out there somewhere safe and we can bring her home. There’s a lot of things that run through your mind when something like this happens. I always try to keep that hope and faith alive. The Ohio women were found. Jayme Closs was located. That always gives someone renewed hope and faith, like, ‘Maybe that could happen to me.’”

In October 2019, there was a weekend long search consisting of 7 k-9 teams, and members of law enforcement searched 11 square miles of the Nicolet National Forest for Kayla. Law enforcement stated that they chose this area based on information that was gathered through the investigation. The search was unsuccessful in finding anything, but they will continue to search.

Kayla was 15 years old at the time of her disappearance. She was last seen wearing a red spaghetti strap top, dark blue hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, tan low-heeled sandals and a silver ringed necklace. She has brown hair, brown eyes, 5'2" at 108lbs. She had a scar on her right shin and small chicken pox scars on her right check and right side of nose. She has abdominal scars and her appendix had been removed. Her navel is pierced and ears are double pierced.

0f4a86_85ff27684c8c4b34bf8017c52c61dc1f~mv2.jpg

Kayla's photo is shown age-progressed to 26 years.

The FBI is offering a $20,000 reward for any leads to the investigation.

WI Florence County found some skeletal remains, along with a hoop earring, it's a long shot but has any DNA been tested on the remains and found negative as far as WI current missing individuals. It does say that remains had been there for 2-10 years and Kayla has been gone longer than 10 years, however there is always room for error.

WI Florence County found some skeletal remains, along with a hoop earring, it's a long shot but has any DNA been tested on the remains and found negative as far as WI current missing individuals. It does say that remains had been there for 2-10 years and Kayla has been gone longer than 10 years, however there is always room for error.
Kayla has been ruled out as the Jane Doe in Florence County WI recently according to NAMUS

Yes, IMO, 1017 East Wausau Ave, Wausau, where KK said he dropped Kayla off at. MM never allowed police to search the property. Also his step brother CL's house 3 doors down where Kayla had her going away party when she went to Texas. That house was never searched, either. IMO, that was Kayla's destination that night.

View attachment 398919

In an episode of Disappeared (The Last Summer), one of Kayla's friends said they ran from the cops after a party got busted. IMO, not only was that party at the house on the right, but it was the going away party Kayla was at before she went to Texas. It was also one of the residences that police went to during the investigation of the disappearance and murder of Stephanie Low. I wish the police would release more information. IMO, there are people in Wausau who know what happened to Kayla, but, for some reason or another, they haven't revealed that information to the police. MM's stepbrother, CL, Jr, died in 2022.

Someone should do a public record's request in this case.
I wanted to bring this case to the surface again. Kayla Berg is STILL missing from August 11, 2009 and the whole case wreaks of mishandling. Was she murdered? Was she trafficked? I am working on pulling together the info that I have, but would love any additional eyes on this case. Let's bring Kayla home.
View attachment 398779

I wonder what information would surface if someone did a public records request. I agree, this whole case wreaks of mishandling and a possible cover up. Police are so corrupt in northern Wisconsin. It maybe is time to turn it over to someone who could investigate from an impartial standpoint with a new set of eyes.

There's a lot of information here that I find useful to the very strange case: The Disappearance of Kayla Berg

IMO, Miguel lied to Hope. Kevin had driven Kayla to Miguel's new place the day before Kayla disappeared. That's been documented. One has to ask why Kevin drove Kayla all the way from Antigo to Miguel's new residence (a 70 mile round trip) the day before and she was there only 15 minutes or so and then they drove right back to Antigo. If she was using Miguel's burner phone, why even go there when she could have called? That's why I believe he was involved in her disappearance. He also lawyered up. He also still hasn't explained why his burner phone pinged early in the morning (that would be August 12) the night Kayla disappeared. It pinged off a tower 40 miles north of Wausau in Lincoln County. This was the same phone that Miguel let Kayla use in case she needed to get a hold of him. End of IMO.
"Upon receiving a call from Hope, Miguel told her Kayla hadn’t been to his house on the night of August 11. In fact, he hadn’t seen her in just over a week."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back