Found Deceased WI - Kodie Dutcher, 10, may be suicidal, Baraboo, 6 July 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doyoulovemepfg, Jul 7, 2020.

1. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

I live in WI and got this Amber Alert on my phone last night, could hardly sleep, have been nauseous ever since. This poor, poor girl. I just want to give her the biggest hug in the world. The note she left to her mother broke my heart in two.

2. MelInTN

MelInTN Well-Known Member

Oh, how my heart aches. As someone who has dealt with depression personally and watching my 13 year old struggle, this hits a tender place. Praying for this sweet sweet girl......

3. Mauig’ma

Mauig’ma Well-Known Member

Prayers going out for her and her family. Such a scary situation to be in. I pray she’s safe and home soon.

4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

BARABOO (WKOW) -- Family members and police are putting out the call out for volunteers to help search for a missing Baraboo girl.

Kodie Dutcher, 10, is the subject of an AMBER Alert sent out Monday night.

As of 8 a.m., family members were gathering at Baraboo State Bank on 8th Street.

Or, police say anyone from the community wanting to help search should call the Baraboo Police Department at (608) 356-4895.

"We're very concerned for Kodie. This is a 10-year-old who doesn't [do this,] this is not normal behavior for her," said Baraboo Police Capt. Rob Sinden.

Dutcher has been missing since 4 p.m. Monday. Dutcher was last seen in the 1100 block of 12th Street in Baraboo.

Authorities say Emergency Services have checked the area but have not been able to find her. Dutcher left behind her cell phone and shoes.
    Family calls for volunteers to help search for missing Baraboo girl

5. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Well-Known Member

And are we sure she wrote the note? Sorry I always have to be cynical moo..

6. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

The way I'm reading this is " she took the pills with her" not that she "actually took the pills ( consumed)" I'm I misreading this? IMO

7. kay74

kay74 Former Member

That is a very good question. It almost seems like that note was written by someone more mature than a 10 year old. WHO are the people in her life, household. They need to be looked at ASAP.

8. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

That's what I want to know. Could explain a lot of things.

9. Rtbk449

Rtbk449 Well-Known Member

Come home, Kodie! You’re worth it!

10. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

Everyone questioning a 10 year old being suicidal -
    I wrote my first suicide note at age 9. My home life was hard, I was diagnosed with a chronic illness, my parents were getting a divorce.
    Depression knows no age, no gender, no income level. It can be beyond brutal. It does not discriminate.

DAMages, Chelly, watcher9 and 64 others like this.
  11. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

Leaving without shoes, is really bothering me.

12. 0101ABA

0101ABA Former Member

In my experience only, I totally agree. True clinical depression doesn’t have to be the result of circumstances either and can cause a struggle at any age.

I have no idea about the backstory so to speak with this precious girl, and honestly, it doesn’t matter. Finding her safe is the one and only thing that matters.

13. NornIron

NornIron Active Member

My own depression started around 10/11 (though no suicidal ideation til older). Starting puberty seems to have been a partial trigger. The changing hormones can really do a number on kids.
    I hope she's found safe and well. She has so much ahead of her and so much to experience and enjoy. Praying for her safe return.

14. Inquisitive2018

Inquisitive2018 Well-Known Member

For sure kids can be depressed, there have been 8 year olds who have committed suicide ,especially this time, no school, can't see their friends and who knows what goes on in anyone's household? School was my escape for 2/3 households I lived in. Still, too many guardians have made me always skeptical when a child goes missing. I hope she is found safe and sound and hasn't harmed herself or been harmed.

redabby, watcher9, branmuffin and 9 others like this.
  15. doyoulovemepfg

doyoulovemepfg #JusticeForKenzie

FWIW, I’m in Madison and every single one of those highway signs has Kodie’s info on it. I hope she’s found soon.

16. UnapologeticallyAspie

UnapologeticallyAspie Well-Known Member

And from parents and/or parental figures. My son was mentally/emotionally and verbally abused by his stepmother, from the age of 8 until about the age of 17 when he completely snapped. His suicidal thoughts started at age 10 and by 12 he had full blown suicidal ideation, a plan in place. His father refused to acknowledge all of this (I think because if he acknowledged any part of it, then he would also have to acknowledge his part, even when he was called out by the state, the psychiatrists and psychologists, the LCSW and more. And to this day, 10 years later, he still cannot take any responsibility) and I, who didn’t have legal custody over my son, had to take him to the emergency department for a mental evaluation. And so much more.

I’m NOT saying that her parents have anything to do with the cause of this, I’m just pointing out that sometimes children experience trauma from their parents which can lead them to situations like these. MOO.

17. dms

dms Well-Known Member

Exactly, and at 10 you don't even have the language to describe depression. It's a horribly lonely feeling.

18. Mistree

Mistree Well-Known Member

19. 0101ABA

0101ABA Former Member

20. maine2016

maine2016 Well-Known Member