Found Deceased WI - Kodie Dutcher, 10, may be suicidal, Baraboo, 6 July 2020

doyoulovemepfg

Former Member
Reaction score
DATE AND TIME LAST SEEN: 07/06/20 at 4:00 pm
LOCATION LAST SEEN: 1100 Block 12th Street - Baraboo
WHERE MISSING CHILD IS FROM: Baraboo, WI

Child is believed to be on foot

Kodie has been missing since 4:00 pm on 07/06/20. Kodie is suspected to have taken an unknown amount of pills and may be suicidal. Emergency Services have checked the area but have not been able to locate Kodie. She left behind her cell phone and shoes. Any information on Kodie's whereabouts please contact the Baraboo Police Department.

Victim
Full Name
Kodie B. Dutcher
Description
SEX: Female
RACE: White
HEIGHT: 4 ft 9 inches
WEIGHT: 110 lbs
HAIR COLOR: Blond
EYE COLOR: Blue

CHILD LAST SEEN WEARING: Overall Pants
Location Last Seen
Baraboo, WI
Last Seen Wearing
Overall Pants
Dutcher.jpeg

Kodie B. Dutcher | Amber Alert Wisconsin

Amber Alerts often require evidence of an abduction, but I am grateful that WI guidelines are (to me) a bit ambiguous as to when an AA can be activated. This is a prime example of LE not needing to locate a suspect, but desperately needing to locate a child.

I remember well teenage angst. This is much deeper than that it seems. Praying for her safety tonight.

Depression and suicidal thoughts do start this young and younger. Bullying is so painful and school stressful for some children. They are also exposed to the concept of self harm through media and from peers. IMO.

Please be safe. My heart really goes out to her parents. Please no judgement. I hope she's home safe today.

What pills has she managed to get her hands on at this age?

regarding her note saying it can’t do this’..... do what?

Digging around my guess is she is bullied or depressed because of the pandemic or being home alone and she can't do "this" meaning living. Her mom is very young, a nurse, and in a new relationship (the guy seems great by all accounts, don't think there is a problem with that- hopefully) so it is possible Kodie feels alone and without a lot of support but her mom clearly loves her a lot. I really hope the pills she took are something that can't kill her but her mom having a medical background there could easily be things in the house. This is such a small town and she probably didn't get far.

upload_2020-7-7_10-57-9.png

Other than known hangouts, the forested park areas north of her neighborhood look like good search areas - if her intent was suicide in hiding she would want to go into the woods. I think the cemetery and river are too far to walk without her being seen. The woods right there behind the hospice are a good bet. I wonder what kind of crops are in those fields? If corn, that could be a daunting prospect as well.

The Sauk County Sheriff’s Office said in a separate release that Kodie recently moved to the area.

AMBER alert issued for 10-year-old girl missing from Baraboo

On this link there is a video; Amelia Jones (the news reporter) said she spoke to the family and they said that they
"believed she might have been experiencing some bullying and that had affected her mood lately."

I wonder who was bullying her? I took the "recently moved to the area" to mean that it was very recent; schools have not been in session since March. I guess "recent" either means more than 4 months ago or school mates arent the source of the bullying. Maybe the source is her group of "friends" outside of school? Sad regardless of who it is.

Come home safely Kodie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back