Found Deceased WI - Major Harris, 3, mom killed, La Crosse, 9 Oct 2021 *POI Fnd Deceased; Arrests*

"We're operating on the possibility that Mallery maybe left Major with somebody while she went to Milwaukee or something anywhere between here and Milwaukee," Chief Ashbeck said. "So if anybody is watching this child and just happens to turn on the news now, you know? Get a hold of your local authorities and alert us that you have Major."

Estefani Lopez says she lives in the apartment above Mallery and Major. She moved into the apartment six months ago and had seen the mother and son in passing but hadn't spoken to them. When she came home on Friday she said something seemed off.

"When I came back from work it was a lot of screaming, yelling and it was just a little kid yelling," Lopez said. "There was no parent telling him to shut up, calm down or taking care of him. So I thought it was weird so I just put in my headphones. When I took them off later that night there was no yelling no nothing and it seemed like any other day."

The Amber Alert said "Harris may have been traveling in a black 2008 Chevrolet Equinox with Wisconsin license plates reading ABE2804".

Just mentioning for the record here that now we know the SUV LE was searching for was NOT the POI's vehicle - the license plate number listed in the Amber Alert is listed in Dad's court records:

upload_2021-10-18_20-58-59.png

Wisconsin Circuit Court Access

The Amber Alert said "Harris may have been traveling in a black 2008 Chevrolet Equinox with Wisconsin license plates reading ABE2804".

Just mentioning for the record here that now we know the SUV LE was searching for was NOT the POI's vehicle - the license plate number listed in the Amber Alert is listed in Dad's court records:

View attachment 317946

Now I am wondering what the tie between POI and Dad is.

Sounds like JC lived at the address MM was found. No mention of whether Major was ever at the house. MM was found at 6am on Thursday. If MM's neighbor heard a child crying Friday night, that doesn't make sense since Major would have been alone since at least Wednesday night. Perhaps she's off on her dates or it wasn't Major?

Three days before Clark killed himself, Muenzenberger was found dead, with "obvious signs of trauma," in the backyard of Clark's mother's home in the 2600 block of North 37th Street.
Clark's mother found Muenzenberger's body about 6 a.m. Thursday, according to a report from the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office.

Milwaukee Amber Alert: 3-year-old Major Harris still missing

View attachment 317946

In Wisconsin, the plates do stay with the owner when you sell, but some folks don’t know or care. We don’t know that that vehicle belonged to Clark, just that he may have been in it.

IMO, that was the car and/or plate MM had when she drove to Milwaukee. Clark ended up with it.

we do know Bio dad was out of state when this happened.

has there been any confirmation that Major was in Milwaukee at all?
It seems like inferences but not any real confirmation? In some articles LE is stating that Major was last seen on the way to Milwaukee, and other places that he was seen with JC in the car. Sounds like this is a very fluid situation with so much happening and maybe the witnesses are being exactly forthcoming due to the circumstance, imo.

It seems like inferences but not any real confirmation? In some articles LE is stating that Major was last seen on the way to Milwaukee, and other places that he was seen with JC in the car. Sounds like this is a very fluid situation with so much happening and maybe the witnesses are being exactly forthcoming due to the circumstance, imo.
I wonder if he was seen on CCTV somewhere possibly leaving MM's apartment or similar.

At least two dozen residents, spurred by the police activity and buzz on social media, gathered outside the laundromat and watched as investigators inspected the vehicle and a tow truck took it away.

Many residents who gathered said they were worried about the boy and wondered how something like this could happen.

One woman, known as Shavita Nycole on Facebook, lives next to the laundromat and livestreamed from her vantage point, garnering 61,000 viewers and thousands of shares.

Milwaukee police have not said if or when another search will be conducted. Friends of Major’s mother said they’re coming to Milwaukee from La Crosse Tuesday morning to help search for the boy.

Major’s father was too emotional to go on camera, but said he was close with Major’s deceased mother, Mallery Muenzenberger. He said he’s worried his son is likely scared, and he’s bracing for the possibility of another tragedy.

Activist Vaun Mayes pulled together a loosely-organized group and went a few blocks north to search McGovern Park. Mayes said, "That could be anybody's child. And they would want the help if it was them. We have to come together as a community."

Shortly afterward, roughly 25 police officers walked in and fanned out, searching the open fields, forest trails and the edge of the ponds. There were no dive teams and no one got in the water, and after 30 minutes the officers left

At one point, the group got in a heated discussion with a woman allegedly related to Jaheem Clark, the suspect who died Sunday from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. As the larger group walked from house to house, a smaller group kicked in a door and entered, calling for Major. It took time to restore order, and at the end of the search, nothing was found.

Mayes said, "We have a 3-year-old to find. And we hope, in the best interest of all parties involved, that he is alive and well."
3-year-old Major Harris not found after several searches; father in town and mother's friends coming to search

The connection, if any, between Muenzenberger and Clark is unclear. Family says she was traveling to Madison, and they do not know why she was in Milwaukee.
Major Harris still missing, Amber Alert vehicle found

Missing children cases just break my heart.

I used to work in that area of Milwaukee. It has a bad reputation for gun violence, drugs, theft, and vandalism. Many of the families there live well below the poverty level. There's a lot of multi-generational households, with grandparents or aunts or uncles living in the same house to provide childcare for working parents, and they tend to watch out for all the neighborhood kids and be very protective of little ones, so I really hope Major's being cared for--maybe by some well-meaning friend or family member of the POI who doesn't realize people are looking for him or is just worried about incriminating themselves by turning him in.

Missing children cases just break my heart.

I used to work in that area of Milwaukee. It has a bad reputation for gun violence, drugs, theft, and vandalism. Many of the families there live well below the poverty level. There's a lot of multi-generational households, with grandparents or aunts or uncles living in the same house to provide childcare for working parents, and they tend to watch out for all the neighborhood kids and be very protective of little ones, so I really hope Major's being cared for--maybe by some well-meaning friend or family member of the POI who doesn't realize people are looking for him or is just worried about incriminating themselves by turning him in.
I also used to work in that area and you have it spot on. I really hope that is the case, but I do know that Major’s face and image have been plastered literally everywhere around that community and people have been searching all the time/going door to door so take that for what it is. The entire community seems to be pretty plugged in with both community activists and LE looking for this little guy.

I also used to work in that area and you have it spot on. I really hope that is the case, but I do know that Major’s face and image have been plastered literally everywhere around that community and people have been searching all the time/going door to door so take that for what it is. The entire community seems to be pretty plugged in with both community activists and LE looking for this little guy.
I agree. It's more than possible that someone has him and is afraid to come forward. It looks like the community is being proactive about looking for him.

Attachments

• mh-cbs.png
    mh-cbs.png
    681.9 KB · Views: 32
  • mh-cbs-opposite side of alley.png
    mh-cbs-opposite side of alley.png
    719.3 KB · Views: 36
  • mh-streetview.jpg
    mh-streetview.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 44
  • mh-satellite.png
    mh-satellite.png
    1,008.8 KB · Views: 28
Went back and watched the news footage of the police investigation and tried to pinpoint (using Google Maps) the location where the body of Major's mother was found.
She was found at 2634 N 37th St, which is the POI’s family home. Not sure if he was currently living there.

“Three days before Clark killed himself, Muenzenberger was found dead, with "obvious signs of trauma," in the backyard of Clark's mother's home in the 2600 block of North 37th Street.

Clark's mother found Muenzenberger's body about 6 a.m. Thursday, according to a report from the Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office.”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back