WI WI - Marchelle Hansen, 31, Phillips, 12 Nov 1987

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Kat, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1419dfwi.html

Marshelle was also known as Shelley. She was pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hansen_marchelle.html

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/dci/sa/unsolved.asp

Snipped:

I couldn't find any archived articles for Marchelle.

Current article:
    http://www.waow.com/story/15030764/cold-case-marchelle-hansens-story

Posted: Jul 05, 2011 6:41 PM
    By Courtney Fasano

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. CatFancier

CatFancier Former Member

3. mothwings

mothwings Well-Known Member

Got to bump this. Northern Wisconsin is my old stomping ground, where my home will always be and we want whoever is responsible for this brought to justice.

Shortypue91 likes this.
  4. namstache

namstache Someday Known: Non-Profit Organization

I am researching Marchelle's disappearance for an article. I will post a link to the article when it is complete. In the meantime, here is some more information I have uncovered regarding her case:

Marchelle lived in a town with a population under 1,500. She disappeared on November 12th, 1987-- exactly one year after Carla Lenz disappeared. Carla Lenz was later discovered to have been mutilated and murdered by her brother-in-law, John Weber, who also tried to do the same thing to his wife a few years later (She lived through the ordeal and testified against him in court). Carla Lenz' remains were discovered in a shallow grave just four miles from Marchelle's apartment. The Sheriff at the time did investigate a connection, but Weber refused to talk. It is still unknown publicly whether Weber is still considered to have played a part in Marchelle's disappearance.

When Marchelle was young she had a congenital foot deformity. She was worried her child would also have this same problem, so she obtained an early ultrasound image the day of her disappearance. She had taken this image with her to work to show her friends. Her family believes she had this sonogram with her at the time she drove to the Lake Ten Resort. The image was never found.

Marchelle called her brother Robert and her mother shortly before disappearing. She explained that she was close to 3 months pregnant and that the father had promised child support if she would keep his name secret.

After her disappearance, Marchelle's possessions were taken to the home of the brother she was supposedly the closest to: Robert Hansen. Two days later, a fire caused by an overheated woodburning stove destroyed Robert's home, along with all of these items.

mothwings likes this.
  5. namstache

namstache Someday Known: Non-Profit Organization

6. dkspaceguitar

dkspaceguitar New Member

I believe this case can be solved and I believe LE knows the truth and is withholding the information. Families deserve closure.

Facebook Ana Mis

namstache likes this.
  7. CastlesBurning

CastlesBurning Well-Known Member

8. Snowshoe21

Snowshoe21 New Member

I moved to the Phillips area 2 yrs ago and was looking into crime northern WI looking at a story cko John Weber who killed his wives sister Carla Lenz 17 yoa who lived about 4 miles from where Marchelle lived . Price Co Sheriff Wayne Wirsing in 1988 remarked to Sheybogan press on the similarities between the two cases .In 1988 Weber attempted to murder his Wife Emily and was arrested shortly after . When looking into Weber I found the disappearance of Marchelle Hansen since 11/12/1987 . May 2020 I contacted Price County SO and offered my help as I am a retired Law Enforcement Officer with investigative experience my biggest case with national attention Catholic Priest John Patrick Feeney in 2002 . A Brian Roush, Chief Deputy Responded back :
    Chris Jarosinski picked up the Marchelle Hanson case early in his investigative career and has worked on it ever since. Even with a full plate, Chris holds a great passion for this case and would find the time to review the old file, conduct an interview or analyze evidence. Chris has worked with a number of experienced Death Investigators from DCI over the years who also held the same passion for this case.
    With Chris’s retirement the loss of Marchelle Hansen will not be forgotten. We are putting a plan in place to transition this case to the next generation of Investigators. This is a process that will take a great amount of time as well. That being said I do not feel that this is a good time to reach to an outside source for additional assistance in this case.
    I appreciate your interest in the case and your continued desire to serve in your community.
    Please do not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions.
    Thank You,
    Brian

Now its March 2021 I was working on my family tree and decided to look again into the Marchelle Hansen case and found this info on Newspapers.com : Wausau Dailey Herald Aug 4th 2013 The family hired Private Investigator Dick Kramer in 1989 who was raised in the Phillips Area now retired . Kramer said there have been suspects or persons of interest but no arrests . Kramer said it was a strange case that you can't help thinking about constantly .

Myself I realize no body is a big problem but I find it so amazing no one in the Phillips area knew who got Marchelle pregnant because of the fact Marchelle called her brother Robert shortly before she disappeared telling him she was 2 to 3 months pregnant ( Meaning it almost had to be a local guy) further she mentioned to her brother the Father of the baby had promised to financially support the child as long as she didn't reveal his name . Well my goodness the father is a very good suspect whoever that maybe and again how could no one know who that was in little Phillips . All the info I have learned on this case is through the internet . Other than the email from Price CO SO .

shanda3434 and mothwings like this.
  9. AutumnEveHodge

AutumnEveHodge Active Member

Submitting this UID

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Effective October 1, 2021, daily management of the NamUs program has transitioned and the general email address has changed to namus@usdoj.gov. Contact information for specific NamUs representatives can be found here: Contact Us
    Namus 2.0 Home Page
    Track Case
    Case Photo
    UNIDENTIFIED
    Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP16000Female, White / Caucasian
    Date Body Found
    May 15, 1992
    Location Found
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Case Information
    Case Numbers
    NCMEC Number
    --
    ME/C Case Number
    92C000131
    Demographics
    Sex
    Female
    Race / Ethnicity
    White / Caucasian
    Possible First Name
    --
    Possible Middle Name
    --
    Possible Last Name
    --
    Nickname/Alias
    --
    Estimated Age Group
    Adult - Pre 30
    Estimated Age Range (Years)
    20-25
    Estimated Year of Death
    1991-1992
    Estimated PMI
    --
    Height
    4' 6"-5' 2"(54-62 inches) , Estimated
    Weight
    Cannot Estimate
    Circumstances
    Type
    Unidentified Deceased
    Date Body Found
    May 15, 1992
    NamUs Case Created
    November 8, 2016
    ME/C QA Reviewed
    --
    Location Found Map
    County
    Allen County
    GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)
    --
    Found On Tribal Land
    --
    Circumstances of Recovery
    Unidentified female remains were found in Fort Wayne, IN on 05/15/1992. The remains were wrapped in a furniture cover in the basement of a vacant house at 3512 Reynolds Street. The decedent was pregnant at the time of her death. She may have been towards the end of her 2nd trimester or just entering her 3rd trimester at time of death.
    Details of Recovery
    Inventory of Remains
    All parts recovered
    Condition of Remains
    Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
    Physical Description
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Head Hair Description
    Blonde or Light Brown
    Body Hair Description
    --
    Facial Hair Description
    --
    Left Eye Color
    Unknown
    Right Eye Color
    Unknown
    Eye Description
    --
    Distinctive Physical Features
    Item
    Description
    Other distinctive physical characteristicPossible back pain or altered posture during life
    Clothing and Accessories
    Item
    Description
    ClothingGray or light blue "Windcrest" jacket
    Knit shirt with white stripes and dark colored cross-stripes
    Black bra and white underwear
    Black sweatpantsOn the Body
    ClothingWrapped in furniture cover/moving blanketNear the Body
    FootwearPink Reebok Tennis Shoes Size 10On the Body
    Jewelry1. Gold colored braided necklace
    2. Gold colored looped necklace with three, star, charmsOn the Body
    Case Photo

Attached Files:

10. Shortypue91

Shortypue91 New Member

11. Snowshoe21

Snowshoe21 New Member

I posted on Price County Past Present on 10-26-2021 knowing I would receive a large response I received mostly Positive but some negative comments . As a result my post was removed by Admin here was why :After some thought of Feelings and being asked by Shelly's Family I have decided to remove it from the group....Thanks for trying to help in the matter but we are a positive Local Group and have decided to honor the Families request....Thank You 2nd time here was the reason :This is a Hot topic and seems to stir positive and negative so feel it is not suited for group discussion .
    Here is a post Shelly's Niece to correct some info being posted concerning Shelly :Mandy Lyn Schaefer I am Shelly's niece (my maiden name being Mandy Hansen). While overall most of what is mentioned is correct, I am seeing some misconceptions in the original post and some of the comments so I thought I would list a few things in the hope it would help.
    My family is from Random Lake, WI and they did at one time live in Hawkins. Her mother (my grandmother) Joyce, and brother, Robert (my uncle) were living in Random Lake when it happened. My parents Wendy Hansen and Ronald Hansen (Shelly's brother) were living in Park Falls. Shelly at the time lived in Phillips.
    My parents have been working with Chris Jarosinski for many years regarding her case. My parents have been informed by Chris of certain suspects in this case.
    Our family did not hire private investigator Dick Kramer. He was hired through a local business.
    Shelly graduated in Ladysmith.
    Our family remains hopeful that someday we will get answers to Shelly's disappearance.
    Comment
    Wed Oct 27, 1:01pm
    As a result of this Post I did receive some valuable info one of the most important was from an Ex Employee of Shelly's who spoke with this person the day she disappeared whom said to this person after they looked at the ultrasound of her baby was but did not want to say who the father was but did say he was a Foreman here at Marquip Phillips WI ( Now called BW Papers) and had 2 kids . Further Shelly said she was going to meet the Father of her baby at lake 10 I tried to tell the Police at the time but no one returned the calls to inquire on the info.
    It should be noted Shelly's car was discovered at lake 10 the day she disappeared . I have received further suspects some I was told were already spoken to by police .
    I feel the Identity of the Foreman will help in solving Shelly's disappearance . This Group post is here to find out the truth and solve missing persons and unsolved murders in Northern WI with a strong focus on Shelly Hansen's case Remember on 11-12-1987 it will be 34 years since she went missing . People can also contact me at Jasnowshoe@Aol.com I will keep your info confidential unless you tell me otherwise . If I receive enough valuable info this case could be solved .
    Further Info on internet about this :Wisconsin Missing Persons Advocacy, Inc
    AS7ppromn0iorl1 23,e2847 2gh01h1990d ·
    Marchelle Hansen missing since 11/12/87 from Phillips, WI
    Please share!
    https://www.facebook.com/.../a.488409.../489244761136898/...
    Rapid Search and Rescue Corp. is with Melisa Cespedes.
    F347ebtS0r3uap1f6r8y13 is1or9f, 20t13f ·
    PLEASE REPORT MISSING WOMAN MARCHELLE HANSEN
    Source: WAIW
    PHILLIPS (WAOW) -- It's been nearly twenty five years since someone last saw Phillips woman, Marchelle Hansen. Today, her disappearance remains a mystery, but her family and friends say they aren't giving up their fight for justice. Not a day goes by without Ron Hansen wondering what happened to his younger sister Marchelle Hansen.
    "It's been 20 something years now, it's been a long haul, so hopefully some day we'll find her and who did this to her," said Ron Hansen.
    Marchelle, or as those close to her called her, Shelly, disappeared back in November of 1987, at the age of 23, leaving many unanswered questions for friends, family, and co-workers.
    "Disbelief. It's like how can somebody disappear and no one know where she is, then of course speculation of who could have done this," said Hansen's co-worker, Deborah Raskie.
    Friends say the disappearance came as a shock to the entire community.
    "I think there is a part of you that doesn't believe it's real," said Hansen's co-worker, Susie Honsa.
    And what makes it even more difficult - Shelly was pregnant.
    "She could probably have a little daughter or son right know you know? We'll never know that," said Ron Hansen.
    Investigators said Shelly worked several part time jobs, including at this plating factory, and a company called Marquip, where she was last seen. It was five days later she was reported missing after she didn't show up for work at a local IGA Grocery Store.
    Police said her red car was found untouched at a restaurant called Lake 10 Tavern. It's now an apartment complex that's not far from where she lived at the Starlight Apartments.

I have started a Group Facebook page: Justice For Shelly and missing persons and unsolved murders Northern Wi

AutumnEveHodge likes this.
  12. AutumnEveHodge

I posted a UID Doe above. Has this doe been ruled out? Do you have a list of rule outs that are not listed on NamUs or other sites? I know sites are slow to post due to overwhelming incoming responses.

13. AutumnEveHodge

Snoeshoe21 I believe the Facebook link is broken

14. Snowshoe21

Snowshoe21 New Member

This I believe is incorrect about Shelly's possessions being taken to her brother Roberts but instead were to her brother Ron's in Park Falls Price County , WI where the fire happened and Shelly's possessions destroyed .

shanda3434 likes this.