Found Safe WI - Michalene Melge, 40 & her 3 sons, Lake Geneva, 10 May 2016

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, May 23, 2016.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Lake Geneva police seek missing 40-year-old woman, her three young sons
    [​IMG]

http://fox6now.com/2016/05/23/lake-...ssing-40-year-old-woman-her-three-young-sons/

http://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Authorities-search-for-missing-mom-and-3-sons-380551901.html

2. Lmustang89

Lmustang89 Active Member

3. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

I wonder if her original intention was to return the rental van to Plano or back to Illinois? Was this a spur of the moment trip/vaca? Does she have a husband or bf? Not sure what is going on with such little info.

4. lakaterine

lakaterine New Member

So who returned the van? It says they were last seen on May 10 but the van was returned on May 13. It says the van was rented in Illinois and returned in Texas, was this their original destination?

She's a real estate agent so surely going out of town without notice and for that long period of time must not be something that she usually does. Business seems to be doing well according to her website too. This is all very strange...

5. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

I don't understand why it took nearly two weeks to hit the media? Were these children not missed from school? Did she withdraw them/ transfer them?

So little to go on!

6. SamanthaL

SamanthaL New Member

This is very local to me. Her husband (from what I gather) is part of the melges family which is a boat/yacht building family and very well known.

Read that they may also have 2 lizards with them.

To me this sounds like it was a planned departure simply because who brings their lizards with on a road trip?!

7. SamanthaL

SamanthaL New Member

I thought the same thing as school is still in session here. Unless they went private which is very possible.

8. KimberOH

KimberOH Member

This whole thing seemed very strange, especially with the little amount of info given. After digging around a while, I finally found an article that gives some more information that "somewhat" explains more of the story. See link for more info.

BBM (I apologize, I couldn't figure out how to do in quotes, so bolded instead.)

She called in to school to excuse her sons for a vacation May 10-13 and has not been heard from since, said Lt. Ed Gritzner of Lake Geneva police.

She is divorced and in violation of child custody rules, as the boys have missed three visitations with their father, Gritzner said.

- See more at: http://www.gazettextra.com/20160523/lake_geneva_police_seek_woman_3_sons#sthash.eeoIVil4.dpuf

9. SamanthaL

SamanthaL New Member

That gives some more info that helps. Couldn't find if they were divorced or not but by them mentioning that she was related to the Melges family, I assumed they were still married.

I was reading the Gazette articles too. Missed this one.

10. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

She continues to post on her site.

11. SamanthaL

SamanthaL New Member

My husband and I were talking about that and I wonder if it's her office staff or automated. They seem to be reappearing type of posts rather then "personal" messages written by her.

But who knows.

12. SamanthaL

SamanthaL New Member

I'm curious to see if they release more info. They really aren't giving people a lot to go by.

13. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Moments after your post- her FB business site was updated to say it's her team updating FB, not her. Interesting.......because this 'team' must have known she and the boys were reported missing.Right?

14. angelainwi

15. angelainwi

16. angelainwi

What I was able to catch from ex-husband. "All I can say is that I am shocked and mystified...uncertainty at not knowing where they are..."

Officer goes on to say: "She left with the kids for a last minute vacation...no sign of her or the boys. Do not suspect foul play, but cannot rule out a custody dispute."

17. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Active Member

Hmmm it sounds like she just took some time away. Possibly over stayed her holidays. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

18. MsArk

MsArk Active Member

I don't know... having sons that age myself, I can't image they would be ok with missing their end of the year school and recreational activities to be on an unplanned, extended vacay with Mom. I would think the older boys might have cell phones of their own- or possibly share one. These kids stay on social media/text like crazy/and are hormonal as heck. Have any of the boys' friends heard from them? If not, bad sign.
    Wonder how long she and ex have been divorced? Was is fairly amicable or a long drawn out affair? Were there outstanding custody or financial issues between the two? Is/Was she dating anyone? Is/was he?
    Lots of questions.
    Hoping she and those 3 handsome young men surface safely very soon.

19. steelman

steelman Former Member

I just saw this reported on Fox News (national). fnc_logo.jpg

Basically, they said the mother and her 3 boys disappeared for four days while on a vacation, the rented van was returned and left at the rental business, but no one saw who left it there. There has been no activity at all on credit cards or debit cards, and no cellphone activity. Police don't suspect foul play at this point.

I didn't catch what vehicle they might be currently driving since the van was returned. I'm not sure if it was even mentioned in the report. Obviously if they rented a big van and then returned it, there must have been a second vehicle left at the car rental business during that time of which they would now be driving. Why that vehicle and its' description isn't being mentioned in MSM is beyond me. The vehicle they are traveling in now is the one that everyone needs to be on the lookout for.

We've got a big void in the reporting of this case. MSM may simply be reporting what little the cops are willing to divulge at this point.

20. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member