WI - Newborn girl, found shot to death, dad claimed he gave her to someone, Albany, Green Co., 9 Jan 2021 *Arrest*

Maybe the birth mother's own father was at work when she gave birth. Why was the baby completely naked when she was found dead? Is that the way she would have been presented to the "adoption place"? With not a stitch of clothing.
This is bothering me, baby found completely naked,
Mom calls Harpers father and informs him she had the baby. What did she do with the baby while he was on his way there? Did she not wrap the baby in anything. Surely she is old enough to know to wrap a baby. Father arrives with a backpack, she hands the father her just born daughter and watches him but her daughter in a backpack naked?

I just watched the Zoom court video. Very interesting. I just wonder if the girl was forced to do this by the boyfriend and then the baby was taken and killed. I also wonder if this is going to be her defense. The boyfriend is being charged with felony murder, he saying shes culpable. Her only out is abuse, force or threat.
She waited five days to say anything. Why?

That certainly was graphic. I can't get passed the shot twice.
This surely was premeditated murder. What could have got into this kid?
I hope the mother is o.k. It could quite easily have been a double murder.

MOO

bbm
Absolutely premeditated murder -- yes.
If he took the time to find the firearm, load it or make sure it was loaded, take and carry his newborn daughter with him, walk a ways to the place where he put her, took aim and fired not just once, but twice, that is absolutely premeditated murder. Malice aforethought. First Degree. Period.
IMO.

Last edited:
I just watched the Zoom court video. Very interesting. I just wonder if the girl was forced to do this by the boyfriend and then the baby was taken and killed. I also wonder if this is going to be her defense. The boyfriend is being charged with felony murder, he saying shes culpable. Her only out is abuse, force or threat.
She waited five days to say anything. Why?
Wasn't the baby four days old? Had she been naked all that time? Where was the babies grandmother? Wasn't this in her house?

Death penalty and fast.

Wisconsin does not have the Death Penalty:
-----------------------------------------------------
First-degree murder is the most serious of homicide offenses in Wisconsin. It's punished by life imprisonment only, as Wisconsin abolished the death penalty in 1853.Aug 28, 2020

Wisconsin First-Degree Murder - State Laws - FindLaw
statelaws.findlaw.com › wisconsin-law › wisconsin-first-d...

-----------------------------------------------------

Surely an autopsy will be conducted determining Harper’s cause of death. This is beyond heartbreaking!
According to the complaint doc the autopsy determined the baby died from the gunshot wound:

Detective Fiez and DCI Special Agent Lourdes Fernandez spoke again to Kruckenberg-Anderson on January 10, 2021. Kruckenberg-Anderson admitted to placing the baby into the snow-covered area in the tree and shooting the baby twice in the head with a firearm.

Detective Fiez also located a second spent shell casing, consistent with the first one located at the scene, inside the backpack used by Kruckenberg-Anderson to transport the baby.

Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory employee Nick Stahlke located two fired projectiles in the ground close to where the body was recovered. Both of the projectiles are consistent with the shell casings that had been located.

Detective Fiez is also informed by Lieutenant John Schuetz, who was present for the autopsy of the baby conducted by Dr. Michael Stier, that this was firearm homicide to a live-born infant.
https://www.doj.state.wi.us/sites/default/files/news-media/1.12.21_GreenCounty_Complaint.pdf

According to the complaint doc the autopsy determined the baby died from the gunshot wound:

Detective Fiez and DCI Special Agent Lourdes Fernandez spoke again to Kruckenberg-Anderson on January 10, 2021. Kruckenberg-Anderson admitted to placing the baby into the snow-covered area in the tree and shooting the baby twice in the head with a firearm.

Detective Fiez also located a second spent shell casing, consistent with the first one located at the scene, inside the backpack used by Kruckenberg-Anderson to transport the baby.

Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory employee Nick Stahlke located two fired projectiles in the ground close to where the body was recovered. Both of the projectiles are consistent with the shell casings that had been located.

Detective Fiez is also informed by Lieutenant John Schuetz, who was present for the autopsy of the baby conducted by Dr. Michael Stier, that this was firearm homicide to a live-born infant.
https://www.doj.state.wi.us/sites/default/files/news-media/1.12.21_GreenCounty_Complaint.pdf
Thanks for this because at least in my mind it answers a lot of questions. Still wondering if the baby was never wrapped or swaddled in a blanket or something? Placed in snow while screaming and shot to death? OMG

I thought that was the girl's mother who spoke.
I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks but it looked like he was smiling some of the time. If Blake is the father then watching him showed he was pretty cut up, especially when the shots were mentioned. Both families are going to have a very harrowing time. MOO
bbm

Same here, Marg -- I was watching his eyes (what else can we see these days :(), and I saw what had to be a smile -- a couple of times. I'm glad you mentioned it because I regretted my thoughts on it -- but I'm gonna un-regret them now. Yes, he was smiling IMHO, I agree. Why? He may be more of a kid than his age would indicate because he is in deep doodle-oo, and he should know it. Charged as an adult, and rightly so.
This is an awful, awful case.

Interesting that LTK-A (baby's father) told LE that he broke down emotionally when hearing the baby cry after covering her in snow but failed to say anything about shooting her.

Also interesting that the father and mother decided against taking the infant to a safe harbor shelter and instead chose to give her to a stranger. A stranger named "Tyler" which also happens to be the baby's father's middle name.

I'm sure both were extremely frightened and as teens didn't make good decisions but IMO both are old enough to at least understand that their choices were morally wrong. To be clear I put the baby's murder squarely on the father's shoulders but I can't help but wonder if the baby's mother had a tiny inkling about the outcome. MOO.

bbm
My thoughts, too. She was not in much of a condition, I would have to assume, to think very clearly about anything if they discussed things soon after she gave birth, but still...
And they probably thought they had to do something -- safe harbor or whatever -- asap, at least in their young minds.
Awful.

Maybe the birth mother's own father was at work when she gave birth. Why was the baby completely naked when she was found dead? Is that the way she would have been presented to the "adoption place"? With not a stitch of clothing.
Right? No blanket, not even a towel? Seemingly stuffed in two different backpacks? I don't care how old either of them were, you'd wrap a baby in something.

We've seen worse cases here. I won't repeat the depravity of some of the murders but it seems like there's no end to ways a person can slaughter an innocent child. :(
Yes, I know but this is so brutal. And not so cruel, just to toss it in the rubbish. It was just the product of a thrill with his 14 year old girlfriend, who could have been 13 years old when he impregnated her.

No the baby was born, handed to the father and killed in the same day.
Baby was born at 9:00 AM, Mom said Logan came to the house "later". Also no time stamps on the bridge pics LE was asking people to ID. If we knew what time he was seen walking, we would have a better idea of the timeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back